1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

5M17H vs. Kastro vs. Pablo: Ripped to Shreds Cutting Challenge!!

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by 5M17H, Aug 2, 2004.

1. 5M17H

5M17H Well-Known Member

5M17H

#1 5M17H, Aug 2, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2005
  2. Benjammin

Benjammin Well-Known Member

Well, 5M17H asked for me to post some stats, so here it goes:

16 Years Old
    6'2"
    173 lbs
    just like he said before me "I look skinny with a shirt on, but I have a solid pinch on abs, pecs, and handles."

so, i like all the goals and pic stats and all the requirments, sounds good, if you guys want another person to compete with, otherwise tell me and i will switch this post to a "LETS GET TEH PARTY STARTED" post of some sort.

good luck

3. pablo

pablo Well-Known Member

Some ideas

I'm really excited, this will be fun.

I think weekly photos would be a good way to mark progress. Maybe on or around every sunday starting aug. 8th? I'm not sure how all those poses are done. But I think for me 3-4 photos/poses each week would be enough.

I'll be monitoring my body fat % with a tanita scale. I think if people have a convenient way to measure bf it would helpful to include it otherwise we will go by pictures.

I think three months may be a good duration. It's the length of a season.

My Diet will be based around whole foods. I'll be eating a good assortment of vegetables, nuts, fruits, unrefined carbs, dairy and lean meat/fish. I'm shooting for three meals and three snacks a day. Here's a sample day.

Breakfast @ 2:15pm
    (half the following smoothie)
    .5 c oatmeal
    2 scoops protein
    8 oz skim
    1 banana
    .25 c yogurt
    1 oz ground flax seed
    5 grams glutamine

Snack @ 5:15pm
    remaining smoothie

Lunch @ 6:15pm
    2 slices sesame wheat
    2 Tb pb
    1 Tb jelly
    1 cup greek yogurt

Snack @ 8:15pm
    25 almonds
    medium peach

Snack @ 9:15
    slice sesame bread
    1 tb benecol
    vitamins (sam-e, st. johns, multi, c, e, calcium)

Dinner @ 10:30pm
    1 slice bread
    1 tb benecol light
    1 chicken breast marinated
    big salad, w/tomato
    1 tb olive oil

Snack @ 12pm
    4oz soy
    1 scoop protein
    string cheese

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    My training plan will go something like this:
    2-3 days a week of lifting.
    a couple days of core training
    1 or 2 days cardio and or yoga

sun - legs
    mon - core training
    tues - back/bi's/rear delt
    wed - cardio
    thurs - core training
    fri - chest/tri/shoulder
    sat - off

I feel like this might be verging on overtraining. I may substitute a day of rest hear and there. That's all for now.

current stats - 6 feet tall - 160.4 lbs - 12.6% bf

Attached Files:

4. Doug Miles

Doug Miles Well-Known Member

First, thanks for including me in this challenge. I can't wait for it to start.

I started losing weight in February of this year. I was 250 disgusting pounds when I started. So far, I have been able to shed about 80 pounds (I was 169.8 this morning). I'm not exactly sure how much weight I have left to lose, but I'm guessing its in the neighborhood of 15 to 20 lbs (to get ripped to shreds). I'm hoping it's not more than that. I've lost the weight by keeping my calories very low. I know this is not the best approach, but I know myself, and I need to see constant change to keep motivated. According to my measurements the 80 lbs. breaks down to 61 lbs. of fat, to about 19 lbs. of lean mass.

Most of my motivation however, comes from the animated gif of John's 1 year transformation. When I first saw this, I knew I had to do the same thing. I can only hope for a transformation even close to John's, but that is my goal. So in late Feb. I started taking pics. In fact, I take at least 4 pics every day (4 different poses) so that in the end I will have 4 animated gifs. I estimate I have taken close to 700 pictures already! Can you say, EXTREME!? The funny thing is that I take a lot of things to an extreme. Can you imagine living with me? My poor family. :D Anyway, so here I am now, trying to finish what I started, and get ripped.

I eat the same foods as most people here, oatmeal, veggies, chicken, fish, nuts, cottage cheese, etc., only in smaller quantities. I supplement with Whey protein, fish oil, glutamine, creatine, and HMB. I also take a good multi-vitamin and I drink about a gallon and a half of water each day.

As far as my measurements, I weigh myself on 2 different scales every morning (I consistently use the more conservative of the 2). I also take my BF% 3 different ways every morning, and then I average the 3. I think this is the same way John did it.

I am still figuring out how my workouts will go for this challenge, but will be the traditional mix of weights and medium intensity cardio.

Well, I guess that's my introduction. Again, thanks for including me. :tu:

5. Doug Miles

I will be on vacation next week (yeah!), starting tomorrow, 8/7. I am hoping to have internet access, but there is a chance I might not. So, in the event that I don't, maybe I should post pics in this thread tonight (based on the poses above) and then update later in the new thread if you guys come up with other poses.

6. Benjammin

Benjammin Well-Known Member

That idea sounds great, thanks for letting me get in on this! Me and kastro talked a while back and he gave me some good tips to follow but this is the motivation i need to keep going. I think that 2 months would probably be better, then we can do a bulk one together like you said. I agree, some sort of reward should be kept in mind, although I have no clue as to what it could be. I am really looking forward to this, im just not to keen on the picture part, I mostly look at it as a hassle, but I guess if they are required I can do them, I dont really get any motivation out of them, that comes else where. Anyways, looking great so far, I leave for vacation on the 17th of August, but I will still be enduring my fitness campaign. Im gunna try to still eat right and get my morning run in everyday of the vacation. So, anytime you guys chose to start is good for me. Thanks again

Ben

7. pablo

pablo Well-Known Member

I think 1 pose from the front would be enough. And if people are feeling inspired then certainly include more poses. I think as long as each person has a consitent pose from week to week that would be adequate for judging progress. Two monthes may be a more reasonable time frame. Especially for an initial challenge. Considering that most of us are around 12% bf I think some really great progress could be made in that time.

I'm considering keeping an exercise log in the journal section for the duration of the challenge. It might be interesting. -Pablo

8. Doug Miles

Hey guys. I think I will pull myself out of this competition. I still have a little more weight to lose, so my change will be more visible (not really fair to you guys). My timeline is the same, cut for about 2 months, then bulk, but I guess I am not really the same body type.

By the way, if anyone else reads this (closer to my stats), and is ready for a serious shredding challenge, let me know. I WILL be ripped in 2 months!

Good luck gentlemen.

9. pablo

pablo Well-Known Member

Hey Guys,

I'm checking in to see if everyone is ready to begin the challenge this Sunday, Aug 8th. Is everyone in agreement to post a photo or two every week for the next two monthes? (Sun Aug 8th to Sun October 3rd) Also 5M17H, I really like your title of, "Ripped to the Shreds Cutting Challenge". Very inspiring. -Pablo

10. pablo

pablo Well-Known Member

I know we tentativilly planned to start yesterday, sunday aug 8th, but it seems important that every one participating confirms the start and end dates.

I know 5M17H you mentioned starting another thread for the actual challenge, I think that's a good idea. But I'm excited so I decided I'd post here today anyways. Here's my stats from this morning (sunday am).

159.8 lb
    12.6% bf

And here's a pic. -Pablo

Attached Files:

#10 pablo, Aug 9, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2004