1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

54 days...

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by MMacG78, Jun 30, 2011.

1. MMacG78

MMacG78 Active Member

54 days is not a long time by our standards. It's not even 2 months. To state you are going to accomplish any sort of transformation in this time frame would be greeted with some very smart people telling you not to rush things. You would be warned that hoping for a short term transformation will only set you up for disappointment, or even worse, a huge weight gain rebound that puts you in worse shape than where you started. Expecting a great change in 54 days seems to be fitness suicide, but I am going to do it.

Here is what 54 days means to me and why I know I can do this. Those of you know that some of my story know that I had a son born 3.5 months premature. He passed away after being with us for 54 days. I completely changed as a person during that time frame. I watched a one pound baby endure and persevere through more pain than I had seen in a lifetime. I saw a will and determination in an infant that wouldn't accept the fate that life was trying to deal him. It is time for me to echo that determination and will. Hopefully I can show all of you what we as people can truly accomplish in a short amount of time.

My transformation starts now...I pray that I can make my son proud.

2. BJ

BJ Active Member

Fired up! you can do it!!!

Make sure you take before pics

3. MMacG78

MMacG78 Active Member

Oh, we just got back from Myrtle Beach. Lots of emabarassing pciture to use from there.

I should take some front, side and back pictures as well

4. Deeman

Deeman Active Member

You can do it bro!

What are your current stats and goals?

Cannot wait to see this progress!!

5. PDCA

PDCA Active Member

Wow, your original post brought tears to my eyes. Through great struggle we seem to gain a better understanding. You have a tremendous perspective that I believe will drive you very far.
    Make the decision once and then just follow through. You can do it. I will be praying with you...

#5 PDCA, Jun 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  6. MMacG78

MMacG78 Active Member

Good question. On a good day I am 5' 10", but in reality I am 5' 9". Weighing in at about 192 right now, which is definitely heavy for me.

Goals? Well 54 days from now is August 22nd. Would love to be in the mid 160s by then while maintaining/adding muscle. Honestly, weight doesn't matter much, I just need to look much more muscular and much less fat by then. :)

I am really hoping I can save up some bucks and get with Aram after the first couple of weeks.

I am using one of Aram's workouts from his site and am going to try and keep my daily calories right around 2K for the first week (I guess today is Thursday so calories at 2K for the first 9 days). I can see how I am progressing and adjust from there.

7. MMacG78

MMacG78 Active Member

Started Aram's workout #2 from his site this week:

Monday:
    Deadlifts: 225/6, 225/6

Pull Ups: 8,2,3,3 (was supposed to be 2 sets of 8 here, I just did as many sets as it took me to hit 16 total)

DB Rows: 70/12, 70/8

DB Curls: 40/6, 40/6

BB Curls: 80/6

Wednesday:
    Flat DB Press: 80/7, 80/5

Incline DB Press: 65/8, 65/7

Dips: 9

Close Grip Bench: 12, 10 (no bench was available so I did close grip military pushups here)

My goal with my workouts is progression in every session. I am going to push through pain and not stop right when my body says I should.

8. MMacG78

MMacG78 Active Member

Thanks PDCA! Following through has always been the tough part for me. I have ADD when it comes to this stuff. I am going to stick to Aram's workout this time. Promise. Unless of course I take advantage of his July special and then I am going to do whatever he tells me to do.

9. MMacG78

MMacG78 Active Member

all right...so how do I start off my 54 days? By not updating my journal. :(

So, in hinsight, starting a 54 day journey right before a weekend with a major holiday and 3 cookouts scheduled may not have been the smartest thing. I am not going to let hat be an excuse though. My journey is off to bit of a rocky start but I have been turning things around these last couple of days. I have gotten 2 of my 3 workouts in for the week (third is tomorrow) and have seen progression in both as well.

I left my workout log in my car so I will have to update that here later. I also found a picture of myself from recent vacation that will really show the uphill battle I am working on.

10. Deeman

Deeman Active Member

i had the same kind of problem when i first started... SOOOOO many excuses for not doing things right, but it seems like you recognized those speed bumps and are overcoming them.

i cannot stress enough that once you get into the swing of things, STAY IN THE SWING OF THINGS!! seems like you really picked it up this week w/the 3 workout days, but stick w/it!

i remember back when i was working out steadily 3-4x/wk for ~4 months and then i went on vacation. it took me TWO WEEKS to get back into the gym and back to my diet and man did i pay for it!! i gained weight AND i couldn't do as many reps as i was previously able to

keep it up man!

11. BJ

BJ Active Member

Any time you commit to doing something great, there will be opposition... there is always another Goliath calling your name. The key is to destroy that Goliath and move on to the next one as quickly as possible. You can do it brother!

12. MMacG78

MMacG78 Active Member

Thanks buddy. Found a picture from our trip to Myrtle that will be my starting pic. Weighed myself this morning. Down to 190.6 which is 1.8 lbs lost. Considering how terrible I was over the 4th, I'll take the loss.

[​IMG]

13. MMacG78

MMacG78 Active Member

Continuing Aram's workout #2 from his site this week:

Monday:
    Deadlifts: 235/6, 235/6, 275/1

Pull Ups: 8,5,3 (was supposed to be 2 sets of 8 here, I just did as many sets as it took me to hit 16 total)

DB Rows: 70/12, 70/10

DB Curls: 40/8, 40/6

BB Curls: 85/6

Wednesday:
    Flat DB Press: 85/6, 85/6

Incline DB Press: 70/8, 70/7

Dips: 12

Close Grip Bench: 135/5, 126/6

Friday:
    Leg Press: 360/10, 410/10

Squat: 185/10, 215/6

Leg Curls: 117.5/10, 137.5/8

DB RDLs: 70/6, 85/6

Good week of workouts. First week I lifted legs and hoping next week sees a lot of improvement. I made progressive gains in every other lift. Ready to really get this thing going

14. Deeman

Deeman Active Member

how'd you like working your legs?

i was really surprised at how it got the heart beating and loved the feeling on my quads after a good lift

15. MMacG78

MMacG78 Active Member

I've always enjoyed leg work. I won't be able to sit tomorrow. Spent the better part of tonight moving pavers for a patio we are putting in. Couple that with my leg workout today and I am going to be all kinds of sore. I love it

16. MMacG78

MMacG78 Active Member

Even with all the manual labor I did this weekend my legs never felt too bad. That excites me. It also tells me I can push a little harder this week.

Played about an hour and a half of intense basketball this morning. I will be playing basketball Monday and Wednesday morning. Playing flag football at lunch on Tuesday and Thursday and completing my workout in the moring on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.

I have been doing IF for about 5 days now and am enjoying it. I start to get hungry about an hour before my fast ends and even that is tailing off. Hopefully I see an improvement on the scale/mirror with the new approach.

17. BJ

BJ Active Member

Amazing! Like we can read each other's minds or something... Michelle and I just started Eat-Stop-Eat yesterday :tu:

18. MMacG78

MMacG78 Active Member

Isn't that a whole day fast? That sounded a little too intense for me

19. BJ

BJ Active Member

it's a 24 hour fast... twice per week. So, we ate lunch after church yesterday then didn't eat again until lunch today. Will eat after workout on Tuesday then not eat again until lunch on Wed.

What are you following?

20. MMacG78

MMacG78 Active Member

LeanGains 16/8 without the BCAA (can't afford it right now). I love shortening my eating time frame to such a small amount of time. Really allows me to keep my calories in check