1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

30 Days of clean eating challenge.

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by user786, Aug 12, 2008.

1. user786

user786 Active Member

Ok i am fed up with myself i have been spinning my wheels for the last 4 months or so !!i have been trying to cut mt body fat % but have got into this bad habit of 4 days clean controlled eating and then 2-3 days of binge uncontrolled junk food eating:o:doh::bang:.
    this is stopping my progress and has to stop!!
    so for motivations sake and to keep myself accountable i am going to
    propose a 30 day clean eating challange.

begining today 12/8/08 and ending 11/9/08

starting weight 160lbs

cals to be consumed 1900 daily of clean food.

---any one feel free to jump on board ..just list your start and finish dates
    and cals targets and good luck-----:tu:

2. onamission

onamission Active Member

im in!! this challenge certainly suits me ! i have similar problems altho my problem is eat great for the whole day then eating crap in the evenings :blank:

start weight 195lbs at 5.11
    calories too be consumed daily 2000/2100

il be honest about everything and post regular updates as too how im doing.

3. user786

user786 Active Member

Welcome .

i do that eating junk in the evening sometimes esp if iv had a stressful day.

ok day 1 is over i just got my cottage cheese/peanut butter before bed which will bring me in at 1700 cals.:tu:. it wasnt too bad ..only thing was i had cravings for the donuts my kids were eating ..so i had some carrots instead!!

so 29 more to go.

im working away from home for next few days but ive packed loads of chicken breast tuna oats sweet potatoes to keep me going.....

4. woodan

woodan Active Member

Good luck with this. 30 days is nothing, you'll have no trouble. Just stay focused.

5. user786

user786 Active Member

Cheers Dan. Looking Strong there. i think you have surpassed me on the big lifts too:tu:..i will be back :lol:

6. onamission

onamission Active Member

im going too post the day befores food log as the day aint over till you sleep..lol well not with my eating anyways:)

yesterday was fine, i stuck too my food ok and didnt eat any junk..i did have a protien shake with milk as subsitute for a meal so not ideal but otherwise fine.

not really drinking enough water so im carrying a bottle with me at all times and drinking it throught the day.

7. onamission

onamission Active Member

yesterday was good again, just knowing im in this challenge seems too be cleaning up my eating quite alot so far! i followed my meals fine but again swoped a meal for an extra protien shake..just cooked a load of chicken breast yesterday though so going too make sure i dont do that again.

water intake much much better-5 litres.

8. user786

user786 Active Member

day 2 was quite easy as i was very busy at work and the day flew by !! hit 1800 cals clean.

day 3 hit 1900 clean so that was good .was tricky at one point as we had a birthday at work and cake all over the place!! but i thought 2 myself no only 30 days i can do this ...and passed on the cake :nod:

so 3 done only 27 to go.

9. user786

user786 Active Member

day 4 completed succesfully just cottage cheese and pb before bed will bring me upto 1800 clean cals:). Then comes the hard part the weekend where i normally collapse and binge...:(....must focus.

10. user786

user786 Active Member

ok quick update
    survived the weekend :)(even mannaged 30 mins of fasted cardio on sat!!)
    both days came in at round 1800 cals.

when i get day 7 under the belt today
    ..that means 22 left to go.

11. onamission

onamission Active Member

the weeks been pretty damn good for me, eating has been clean, a few too many protien shakes and not quite enough meals but otherwise good, mates birthday on the wedsnday so had 4 beers for my cheat meal..slightly over caloriewise on that meal.

12. user786

user786 Active Member

:tu:good work.

to be honest this challenge has kept me focused and first 10 days are now all over . all 10 days have been clean and around the 1800 cals target.so i am happy...i even havemanaged to sneak in 2 sessions of fasted cardio over the last week:nod:

another 19 days to go......

13. woodan

woodan Active Member

Keep up the good work guys. Remember, one day at a time.

14. theleanfish

theleanfish Active Member

I'm in this one.

15. user786

user786 Active Member

welcome on board theleanfish....just kindly post your start weight ..and intended start date and lets get goin...:gl:

16. onamission

onamission Active Member

cheers guys:)

its funny..being part of a simple challenge seems too be keeping me on track..iv been eating well and have even added some cardio too my routien for the first time well...ever. 10 mins here..10 mins there..as a smoker thats hard as it is..but its all contributing too my goals.

i find myself already looking forward too the next challenge!

glad too hear ur doing well user:tu:

17. user786

user786 Active Member

Quick update ...still no slip ups as of yet:nod:...had a cavery meal with some friends yesterday so wasnt too sure about working out the calories on that meal..but loaded up on the veggies and sweet potatoes so still good meal.

my weigh in puts me at 155 lb which makes me a two week 5lb loss...i realise that there is a fair bit of water loss there.

but my trousers are getting looser so thats good:)

18. user786

user786 Active Member

Still on the wagon so to speak...have been hitting 1800 clean cals .

Tommorow begins our month of fasting ...so i will be fasting around 15 hours a day for the next 30 days ...so no food between 5am and 8pm then i can eat between 8pm to 5am.its gonna be interesting to see how this works out.

19. onamission

onamission Active Member

just a quick update,things have been going well and have so far lost 3 pounds:)

one done this will be my first succsesfull challenege under the belt and i cant wait for the next one:D

20. onamission

onamission Active Member

Challenge completed!:D its the first one iv managed too acctualy see through too the end...total weight loss has been just over 5 pounds, so im now weighing in at just under 190:)

the main benafit for me has been changing my eating habbits for the better, i will keep with it and hopefully after a couple more months it will be second nature.