1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

3 months of cutting so far so good.

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by goalie40, May 18, 2011.

1. goalie40

goalie40 Active Member

I started my journey 5'8 230 pounds. Yesterday I was 196.8. For me it has been Diet, Diet, Diet. I started cutting 3 months ago. I am a true endomorph I started eating 5 times a day and damn that works. Now im sure many will say im too low on calories. I am right around 16-1700 a day. Sometimes a little less. I have read endos can cut out more calories then the other body types.

Breakfast most mornings Is a whole wheat bagel with egg whites and if I feel really hungry a couple slices of turkey deli meat.

Snack #1 eating right cereal bar or other 100 calorie type bar.

Lunch Alot of times I get the wraps from trader joes. Ill eat half with a fruit cup.

Snack#2 the other half of the wrap.

Dinner Chicken stir fry (no rice) Or Ill make Lean turkey sausage and steamed veggies.

Its a pretty plain menu but its working Ill add to it once I hit my goal of 175. My Ideal weight is 155-164 but really cant see myself walking around at that weight. I have a pretty stocky frame. I have a belt that was way too tight but now I am two notches in.

I have not been to the gym and lifted in over 2 months. But I have been hiking biking and walking. I also play around with resistance bands at home. What I have found is. I am not losing much muscle, but quite a bit of fat. Any muscle mass I lose im not too worried about. When I lift, I pack on muscle pretty quick. Just doing legs 2 days a week After 2 months I was showing definition, A good amount of it too.

I also do power 90 abs but not really that often.

Im averaging 2.5 pounds of weight loss a week its in the safe range, I also feel pretty good about it. I drink alot of water now too. I have had maybe 4 sodas in the last year. I am at my half way point.

2. jbivens

jbivens Active Member

First - GREAT job on losing over 30 lbs in 3 months. That is no small feat. If I may critique what you have posted, 1700 calories at 196 lbs is plenty for non-lifting days. You probably want to add some more protein and carbs on lifting days though, probably in the form of a pre/intra/post workout shake.

How you are getting those 1700 may be a bit lacking though. I don't see any healthy fats in your diet (nuts, fish oil). Also there is a glaring lack of vegetables, even with the veggies in your stir fry. Add in some more fibrous vegetables (green beans, spinach, broccoli). These are important for general health as well as protein synthesis.

3. Geo2007

Geo2007 Active Member

Sorry, Why do you not want to introduce weight lifting?

At 5'8 and 230 pounds you were way overweight, You could do pretty much anything to start loosing weight.

But going from 190 to 170 will be much harder. I do not think you will be able to pull it off with just dieting.
    You will be shedding muscle mass and might not like the result at the end if you get to 170 pounds.

You obviously have a will power there... It's quite an achievement to be on your diet.
    But why not make it easier for you ?

4. CharlesDance

CharlesDance Member

That's good that you've lost so much weight, but like Goalie said, avoiding weight training is a huge mistake. The more lean muscle you have, the higher your resting metabolic rate is, and the more calories you will burn overall.

Also, you don't wanna be that guy who loses all this weight, then ends up being skinny-fat because there's no meat underneath to shape up the physique. I'm not saying you don't have muscle, but not working with weights will cause your muscles to atrophy, and you will lose it, which is not desirable in any way shape or form.

Also training your legs with weights (heavy weight) has an amazing response on loss of bodyfat.

5. goalie40

goalie40 Active Member

I was lifting and getting some good results. Im putting in close to 70 hour weeks at work so the drive to hit the gym is just not there. But with that said I have another month or two of my crazy work schedule. Then im back at the gym 4-5 days a week, like I was. I own a small business and in the process of opening 3 stores at the same time. Its pretty nuts right now.

My Diet was crap and its 10x better now. I will add some more veggies to it.