1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

2nd day

Discussion in 'Female Health & Fitness' started by kimc, Feb 27, 2004.

1. kimc

kimc Well-Known Member

hi, i made it through day 2 or just about. Had a horrible headache but guess that is because of my diet change perhaps and cutting out coffee, and reducing carbs. Hopefully tomorrow my head will be clearer.
    But I'm feeling good that I was able to stick for two days, as long as I keep thinging that every day done is one more closer to my goal.
    thanks for all the support.
    Kim

2. andi

andi Well-Known Member

Yep, the "withdrawal" symptoms are to be expected for a couple days. It's tough to make a change like this, your body has to adjust. Don't be surprised if you experience some "gastrointestinal disturbances" as well, but just keep in mind after a couple days your body will get used to the new plan and you'll start feeling great!

3. Lisa Stone

Lisa Stone Senior Member
    Platinum Member

Yeah, I'm sure it was a caffeine withdrawel headache. Whenever I can't have my morning coffee, I always get a terrible headache.
    Your doing great, Kim, one day at a time :) :tucool:

4. honu*girl

honu*girl Well-Known Member

I had already given up caffiene, but still had withdrawals of sort when I started my eating plan (not John's) in August. I cut out sugar, salt, wheat and dairy - so mine was related to sugar withdrawals I believe. I saw it as a kind of "detox" I was putting my body through. I still have it happen when I totally go off plan (like at Christmas) and get back on.

Good luck to you!

PS I posted to your first thread too.....

Christy

5. kimc

kimc Well-Known Member

Thanks Christy,
    read that one too, today is day 4 and feeling really good. I only have one cup of coffee now, in the morning, compared to sometimes 8-10 a day.
    Each change is a baby step toward a fit me... I'm encouraged by how much you lost, I'm really going to try for the same success.

Take care and hugs to all.

6. racdek

racdek Well-Known Member

I had the same problems for at least 5 days :( and also pain in my leggs ......... and not from the training .... but cause of stopping with coffee, etc. But now I'm clean and it feels great :tu:

Rene

7. Debujanai

Debujanai Well-Known Member

Actually, about 2 cups of coffee a day can help boost your fat-burning metabolism a little bit. Just make sure you take it black. While 8 or 10 cups does sound like a lot, you don't have to cut out all the caffeine.

:gl:

8. Gohan

Gohan Well-Known Member

I've got a similar problem with drinking too much pop (or soda, depending on where you're from), but I can't seem to cut down to less than once every two days. :-/

P.S. Good luck getting in shape! :gl: