1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

20lbs. by July 1. Who's coming with me?

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by jbivens, May 2, 2011.

1. jbivens

jbivens Active Member

Me too brother. Me too.

weigh in - 194.2. UP 1.2 from last week. Down 8.6 overall. The goal of 20 lbs by 7/1 is now officially an impossibility. Losing 11.4 lbs in 3 weeks is not going to happen. I'll lose the 20. Just not by the goal.

good luck to the rest of you.

JB

2. FatLenny

FatLenny Active Member

Weigh in today: 247.8 lbs
    To go: 6.6 lbs

I am in that gray area here. With two weeks left and a tug of war about how far I will let celebrations bend my nutrition rules, I don't know that hitting a 30 pound loss by July 1st is going to happen.

I'll just have to push hard and see what happens. Missing a goal doesn't delflate me. It infuriates me. If I miss, I'll double down and stoke the fire.
    :mad:

3. iceman21

iceman21 Active Member

I hate admitting defeat, although, I suppose I should. It will be very tough for me to hit the goal unless I sacrifice the weight lifting for pure cardio, but I can't do that.

I will hit my 20lbs very shortly there after though.

4. Richard Bigbelly

I've been sick all week. no gym at all. I'm not eating too much, but have put on 3lbs.

todays weight: 208lbs

5. tensdanny

tensdanny Well-Known Member

6 lbs away. I'll do my best to get there. Given that I lost a week or two in there, I'm pretty pumped up about this.

212 will be a glorious day down from my initial weight of 272.

6. jbivens

jbivens Active Member

191 today. down 3.2 from last week and 11.8 overall. July 1 is less than a week away, so I can safely say that this goal (timewise) is out of reach. Hoping to be under 190 by then though. And we'll keep going from there....

7. FatLenny

FatLenny Active Member

You are most likely correct. 9 pounds in one week would not be a good thing... you'll get it done, I am sure. It will just take a hair longer that you thought.

My weigh in today was 249.6 lbs. I will be just scraping by on July 1st. That is the last day of my maintenance cycle (diet break). My 20 lb goal was 251 lbs, so I will be barely under that.

I'll have to say this has been really fun and challenging. There is still a week left and I am close enough that I still have to stay focused. I hope everybody else is doing the same.

:D

8. Richard Bigbelly

i am staying focused. still recoverying from my cold. i had no energy mon and tues, but i got in 2 really good w/o wed and thur. i still have a cough but am dealing with it.

i know there is no way in hell i'm gonna make the 20lbs, but it feels good just losing the weight. it's been years since i have weight this much!

205lbs today
    gonna try for 201 by next friday.

9. xygote

xygote Active Member

I for one lost focus for a good couple weeks in there. Maybe that is why my weight just kinda froze in place. Hopefully by shifting from p90x (which had turned into a stripped down version of p90x of without the cardio days lol) and moving into a 5x5 type routine at the Y I will be able to kick start this weight loss again. I WILL reach my 20lbs goal, just not by the 1st of July... still, I want to see just how close I can get.

10. tensdanny

I'm 4 lbs away. Gotta keep pushing and stay locked in this week.

11. tensdanny

2 lbs away. Fighting like a mofo right now. May keep doing my "hell week" through Sunday and pig out Monday and Tuesday.

12. FatLenny

FatLenny Active Member

Weigh in today: 245.0 lbs

Hmm... 30 lbs would be another 4 lbs lost in 2 days... if I severely dehydrated myself, I might be able to hit that number. :lol:

Yeah... I don't think I'll be going there. :blank:

13. tensdanny

Weigh in coming later today. I think I'll have made it. Gotta finish work and tasks for the day first.

14. LateStart

LateStart Well-Known Member

Haven't posted in QUITE a while. Lots of personal stuff going on. Been weighing weekly but not reporting in. :o

Latest numbers yesterday morning:

Weekly weight: 182#
    Weekly delta: -2#
    Challenge total: -13#

Got a late start (no pun intended) on this challenge. I am happy with the pounds lost but 20 just wasn't in the cards.

I am definitely planning to re-up for the September 1 challenge, though. :tu: My ultimate goal is 162 lbs at 10% bodyfat, which just happens to be another 20 from where I am now.

15. FatLenny

FatLenny Active Member

Final Weigh in: 244.2 lbs
    Weekly change: -5.4 lbs
    Total change: -27.0 lbs

Challenge completed. Fell 3 lbs short of the revised 30 lb goal, but I'm 100% happy with my results. I've already thrown in my ante for the 20 lbs by Sept. 1, 2011 challenge (check my sig), so I'll see you all over there. ;)

16. Richard Bigbelly

204lbs today. that's down 14lbs since i began, but still 6lbs from where i wanted to be. Again, i haven't been at this weight for years, so i feel pretty good about it.

on to the next!

17. tensdanny

Boom. Done.

21 lbs on the dot!

211.6 today!

Happy day!!!

F@#$ YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#197 tensdanny, Jul 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  18. FatLenny

FatLenny Active Member

Nice! All that sacrifice and hard work was worth it in the end! It is a good feeling to know that you got it done, doesn't it?

Now let's go kill the next challenge! :curses:

19. tensdanny

Hell yeah dude, it feels great! I got a bit of a late start and really busted my ass to get this one done. My body is super banged up right now, my back is killing me, but I'm about to go play basketball for a bit then hit up the elliptical... I've got another contest to knock out :)

20. RyanTheOne11

RyanTheOne11 Member

Shoot I am down! I am trying to gain around 20 pounds though! Let the challenge begin!