1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

20 lbs by September 1st... Who's coming with me??

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by tensdanny, Jun 29, 2011.

1. jbivens

jbivens Active Member

189 today. Down 2.4 lbs from the start of the challenge.

2. Richard Bigbelly

Weigh in today: 206 lbs
    Weekly change: -4 lbs
    Total change: +2

working my way back. workouts have been great, meals have been great. my man boobs are getting a little smaller. my wife says i'm looking thinner. so life is good!

3. BlueThunder

BlueThunder Well-Known Member

5.6 pounds down so far. 166.6. Lots of sixes in my weight.

4. FatLenny

FatLenny Active Member

Weigh in for today: 239.0 lbs
    Weekly change: +1.0 lbs
    Total change: -5.2 lbs

:whistle:

5. LateStart

LateStart Well-Known Member

Wednesday, 07/27/2011:

Weekly weight: 181 pounds
    Weekly delta: -1 pound
    Challenge total: -1 pound

Well, I am back in the negative column for the first time in a couple of weeks.

No way I will lose 20 lbs by September 1st, but I will keep reporting my results here, anyway.

Would like to drop at least 5-6 more pounds by the end of the challenge.

6. jbivens

jbivens Active Member

188 today. Down 3.4 from the start of the challenge. Moving slowly in the right direction...

7. FatLenny

FatLenny Active Member

Weigh in for today: 236.8 lbs
    Weekly change: -2.2 lbs
    Total change: -7.4 lbs

Back on track. Not sure how, but I'll take it. I weighed in at 239 yesterday, so I'm hoping I'm not burning muscle here. 2 pounds in one day seems like a lot. Oh well... I'm on course for September 1st again.

:D

8. tensdanny

tensdanny Well-Known Member

I had a bad week food wise. Having said that, time to move on and keep looking forward. I'm off pace a bit here, but I'll still make it.

9. Richard Bigbelly

Weigh in today: 203 lbs
    Weekly change: -3 lbs
    Total change: -1

working hard to get it done.

10. BlueThunder

BlueThunder Well-Known Member

11. Furii

Furii Member

Weight: 215 lbs
    Two week change: 0 lbs
    Total change: -2 lbs

Bad diet, and beer means no gains . . can't say I'm surprised. I'm getting it together, so we'll see how much I can lose by Sept 1.

12. iceman21

iceman21 Active Member

Weigh in today: 305.4 lbs
    Weekly change: -3.6 lbs
    Total change: -6.6 lbs

Been a hell of a week. I just did a 3-skin fold test and I measured out a 23.7% body fat. Alot lower than I thought I would get but I want to be in the teens at any rate so I know I have work to do.

13. tensdanny

Alright turkeys, I'm still hanging in there and fighting. I'm going on vacation next Thursday for a week, so I need 100% extreme dedication before then.

I'm shooting for 192 by Sept 7th. As I said in the initial post I need to take a week off in there for a vacation. We're heading to Florida for a week to hit the beaches.

192 would be exactly 80 lbs off for me. I have no doubt I will hit it by Sept 7th. Would hit it by the 1st if not for the week off.

Darn vacation, lol.

14. FatLenny

FatLenny Active Member

:eek:

15. LateStart

Wednesday, 08/03/2011:

Weekly weight: 181 pounds
    Weekly delta: N/A
    Challenge total: -1 pound

RATS! Another week with no change on the scale. :rolleyes:

On a brighter note, I can definitely tell that my waist is shrinking and I am beginning to see the first hints of my abs under the decreasing belly fat. :lol:

Seriously, I have been ramping up aggressively on my lifting program for several weeks and am adding some "good" weight to my frame, so that is contributing to the fact that my scale won't budge.

I plan to hang with the challenge, anyway. Will increase the HIIT a bit and be more strict with my diet. Maybe a few more pounds will come off.

16. Richard Bigbelly

hey guys. hope you all had a good week.

Weigh in for today: 204 lbs
    Weekly change: +1 lbs
    Total change: 0

I've been busting my ass off in the gym, my meals have clean except last Sun., i'm getting enough sleep, the pinch test on my love handles is grabbing less crap. i think i have hit a plateau:bang:. i'm not giving up, but it's damn frustrating. time to reevaluate my methods.

i had my Dexa scan on Mon. it shows that my bodyfat is 28%:cry:. if you all remember, i bought a Ormon bf tester to use instead of my scale, because i thought the scale was reading me wrong. turns out the scale had me at 28% and the Ormon at 22% in the morning before the test. $26 down the drain on that one!

everyone have a kick-ass week!!!

17. FatLenny

FatLenny Active Member

Weigh in for today: 236.8 lbs
    Weekly change: 0.0 lbs
    Total change: -7.4 lbs

The number up there didn't change, but I am still trending in the right direction. My weight has been fluctuating more than it used to, but the highest weight wad 0.4 lbs lower than last week and the lowest was a full 1.5 lbs lower than last week's lowest.

There has been a lot of weekend nutritional inconsistecy, stress and poor sleep patterns that have contributed to this pseudo-plateau. I need to bear down and decide what I want again. I think the goal of dropping 20 lbs by September 1st has just slipped out of my reach. Time to revisit my 'why' and see if it is still strong enough...

18. tensdanny

I'm down about 8 lbs. I'm still confident I'll make it.

C'mon guys. You have to work harder. You've gotta want it more.

19. tensdanny

Here's a blog post that I just made in my journal. Too busy to type two :)

Get ready for the upcoming 20 lbs Turkey challenge, running September 1st - Thanksgiving. I'll start the thread once we get closer. This one is going to be a little longer than two months to hopefully have better results!

I've been cutting for about 2 years. 70 lbs down from where I started. If my math is right and I don't suddenly lose a bunch of muscle, a loss of 100 lbs will put me at around 8% body fat, so that's what I'm looking to do.

My trend is to kick ass in the summer from May - Sept, then pretty much remain stagnant for a year and climb back up in weight a bit while getitng a little bit stronger.

This year I'm going to buck the trend and continue eating really healthy through thanksgiving. Hopefully I'll be nearing completion of my weight loss by then.

In a perfect world, I could then have a really kick ass 12-16 week bulk and then cut back down before my wedding next May.

I'm getting way ahead of myself thinking like that though. Just need to keep winning the battle every day and the sum of parts will be great.

Once I'm there I want to start packing on some muscle and get a 500 lbs deadlift, 400 lbs squat, 300 bench, 200 press. That's my ultimate goal.

I've incorporated swimming into my routine this week. It's fun, but I suck in a lot of water when trying to breathe properly. This will take some work.

Lifted chest today.

Swam 550 meters.

About to go down 30 min HIIT on the elliptical.

I'm really going hard this week before I leave for vacation Thursday morning.

20. LateStart

Wednesday, 08/10/2011:

Weekly weight: 180 pounds
    Weekly delta: N/A
    Challenge total: -2 pounds

Sounds like a broken record but, I am still losing some fat. It's just that my body composition is changing (for the better) and my overall weight is not dropping very fast. Depending on levels of hydration and other factors, I have seen interim daily weights between weigh-ins dip as low as 178 the last few weeks but on the official days, 180 has been the lowest.

I will be nowhere near 20 lbs down by September 1st but hope to make it to 175 or so. That should get me in the neighborhood of 15% BF (a neighborhood I haven't visited in a quite a while! :lol: )