1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

2 Month progress pics

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by Glenwils, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Glenwils

Glenwils Active Member

Hey all.

Well il give you abit of back ground knowledge of myself before i post my little progress pics.

Ive been over weight most of my life, 2 months ago after coming home from a lads holiday to greece i thought fuck this, ive got to do something about my weight.
    My brother is also on the chubby side so i thought of a little bet between me and my brother that would help us both lose weight and maybe make a few quid while we were at it.
    Every week we would have a weigh in, who ever lost the least amount of weight puts a tenner in a pot. On new years day we have a final weigh in and who evers lost the most, wins the pot.

Ive been eating really healthy having 3 decent meals a day, for instance, fruit and fibre for breakfast, 2 scrambled egg on brown toast for lunch and steamed chicken and veg for dinner.
    Ive not found this a hardship atall because i enjoy the food i make and can really see myself sticking to it for a long time. Ive cut my drinking down from 20 pints a week to 5. Ive joined the gym at work which ive been visiting about 4-5 times a week, i really enjoy going and feel great after a good work out.

I really think i can stick to this healthy lifestyle.

Ive been gradually loosing weight, roughly 2-3lb's per week. Which from what ive read from this site is quite a good steady amount to lose.

So far ive only had to put 20quid in the kitty which im quite pleased about.
    Sadly my brother hasent taken any pics of himself, hes lost 7lb's so far.

So heres 2 pics of me weighing 19lb's less :)

[​IMG]

I cant really see major differences but its only been a couple of months, im quite happy with the way its going :)

If youve not fallen asleep by now, thanks for reading :)

Glen

2. Glenwils

Glenwils Active Member

Doh:doh: think ive posted this in the wrong forum.

3. JONESY_87

JONESY_87 Active Member

Oh well if you have im sure a mod will move it. I can see a rather big difference..Keep up the excellent work.:tu:

4. BuffPapa06

BuffPapa06 Well-Known Member

Great Progress! Keep it up!

5. Cocomartinez

Cocomartinez Active Member

Great results!

6. Lo0p

Lo0p Active Member

Are you serious? Thats a dramatic and obvious loss of fat! Great work!

7. kecko1

kecko1 Active Member

Yeah, big changes! Well done!

8. njprime

njprime Active Member

Damn dude, don't be so hard on yourself!

You say you can't see any difference, but the difference is incredibly obvious in your chest, stomach, and arms.

Congrats, and Keep at it!

9. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Definitely some good progress there, don't doubt it mate, you are doing very well :tu:

10. The1andonly

The1andonly Active Member

WOOOOOOOW you look great....cant wait to see this again in 4 months!!! amazing!

11. lordkovacs

lordkovacs Well-Known Member

great job man... well done!

12. DreamScape

DreamScape Active Member

You definately can tell there is a difference. There is a saying of something like "you are your own hardest critic." I imagine you probably are already getting comments about your weight loss from friends and family. That is usually what starts to happen first. Other people will notice it before you do.

In future pics, I would suggest that you use a camera with a timer on it so you can stand normally and get a full shot of your face. Your face will change alot...

Keep at it... you're doing great!

13. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

Glen, awesome progress! Keep it up. :tucool:

Your post is fine here in the fat loss forum, but I can move it to the media forum if you prefer to have it there--your choice. :)

14. MAD180

MAD180 Well-Known Member

Awesome progress dude, keep up the good work. You have made some huge gains there. How can you not see any difference?!

15. MadeInNY

MadeInNY Active Member

I see a big difference! You look great!

16. ÉstaNocheBailamos

ÉstaNocheBailamos Active Member

17. Glenwils

Glenwils Active Member

Cheers for the replys all. I think like Dreamscape said i think im my hardest critic. I have had quite a few comments from friends and family which are always nice to hear!

I lost 3lb's this week which im chuffed about. 3 weeks to go till the end of the bet. Im going to keep weighing myself every week and jotting it down on the fridge like i have been but i dont think my brother will be putting his money where his mouth is this time.

Im hoping to be good over the holiday, but theres no way im having a healthy christmas dinner :p

Thanks again for the support :tu:

18. Rogozhin

Rogozhin Active Member

The progress you've made so far is very evident, keep it going Glen! :tucool:

19. Glenwils

Glenwils Active Member

Alright lads, took this pic the other day. Again, slight difference, nothing major.

Still going very well, lost 2lb's last week and on route to lose 2-3 this week.

Being made redundant from my job pretty soon, so until i find another job il be hitting the gym pretty hard. As the saying goes, every cloud has a silver lining!

[​IMG]

20. cymbals

cymbals Active Member

I see big changes for sure, great job. When I lost weight a few years ago I had a hard time seeing progress too, I'm not sure why that is. Keep up the good work!!:):)