1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

1939 Record: 75K miles in one year

Discussion in 'Road Cycling, Mountain Biking & Cyclocross' started by abuseguy, Sep 16, 2014.

1. abuseguy

abuseguy Active Member

2. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

9,000 miles, or almost 15,000 kilometers (I assume you meant 2014 :lol:).

Even if I were retired and had nothing to do with my time, I would not want to bike that much. I love riding, but those kinds of miles would make me not love it.

3. abuseguy

abuseguy Active Member

Naw. I meant 2015. I figured I'd give you time to plan for a 76K year in order to break the record. Even at your pace you couldn't hit it by the end of December 2014.

I also wouldn't want to spend that much time in the saddle or doing any one thing. However, one of these days I will attempt to find out how long I can ride in 24 hours -- just out of curiosity -- but that'll be next year.

On that note, Jens Voigt is attempting to break the Hour Record tomorrow. You're probably aware already, but I believe CyclingFans will be updating links re: where it can be watched. SHUT UP LEGS!!! http://www.cyclingfans.com/hour-record/live

4. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

:doh:

Seems obvious to me now. I guess I've been a little scattered this week. :o

That's an awesome idea! Hrmmm..... :spaz:

Yep, can't wait! Love Jens. Odds are strong that he'll become the new record holder, but I don't think it will last for long.

5. phillydude

phillydude Don't Never Give Up.

Media:
    Albums:
    I rode from Orlando to South Beach ... but that was sixteen hours of time in the saddle over two days (a man's gotta sleep, ya know). I bet you could do it in twenty-four hours with no problem... hell, why not make a weekend of it? Ride from John Stone Mansion to Joe's Stone Crab for dinner on a Saturday, and ride home on Sunday.