1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

191 by February 1

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by carguy, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Excellent burger tips MD (keeping with CG's notation :D). Although very popular, jalapeno peppers really are not that hot. For a spicier and smokier taste sensation, try using smoked jalapenos, usually called chipotles. The have about twice as much heat and, as one would surmise, as smoky flavor. They usually come in little cans with some sauce and a little goes a long way.

If you do a search for Scoville Heat Index you'll find a listing of the relative spiciness of many different peppers.

2. tensdanny

tensdanny Well-Known Member

College. I was working full time as a software developer while in school for engineering. I also was partying like a rockstar. I put on a ton of weight over 5 years or so. Probably 20 lbs a year.

My diet was absolute shit. Either fast food, sit-down restaurant or a frozen pizza. Very, very terrible. Cannot believe my GF put up with it to be honest. She is such a saint. I cannot imagine dating someone that fat.

Seltzer, raw jalapeƱos are pretty hot for me. The pickled kind are really not hot at all, I agree. I think when I grilled the burgers the peppers were cooked down a lot. Eating 4-5 raw jalapeƱos would have been insanely hot for me!!!!!!

#22 tensdanny, Dec 4, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  3. MT77

MT77 Active Member

I'm in! Currently 5'10" 197. Trying to lose the powerlifting gut by the end of the year.

4. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

Good deal. 191 here we come.:nod:

5. MT77

MT77 Active Member

Scale said 194.0 this morning. I need to enter yesterday's meals into fit day to see how it stacked up.

6. tensdanny

1 scoop protein
    16 oz skim milk
    handful of berries
    banana

3 oz beef

6 oz beef
    1.2 oz cheese

2 heaping plates of assorted thai food (team putting)

Lifts:

Backsquat:
    5x5 @ 230 - Last set was hard but I got it

Bench Press:
    5x5 @ 185 - Good sets. Was worried because I didn't have a spotted but I got it done.

Deadlift:
    1x5 @ 325 - Legs were dead and the last rep was really hard but I got it done.

Probably ate 2000-2500 calories in thai food alone. Really, really hard to predict. Incredibly salty too.

7. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

Weighed 180# at the gym this morning so was happy with that. I'm trying to drink a high-calorie shake before bed every night. So far I haven't been very consistent.

Today was legs day and it's been a long time since I've done a serious one. Have to say my wheels feel like they're going to fall off.

Update on Joe and Bud. Joe is down to 203 and Bud is down to 202. New guy Cory hasn't given me his starting weight yet but it is probably about 170.

Good luck everyone.

8. Mauidude

Mauidude Active Member

Good job on the bench. Make sure you leave the collars off when lifting heavy with no spotter. If you fail on your last rep at least you can slide the weights off so you don't choke yourself.

9. MT77

MT77 Active Member

Still hovering around 194 / 195 during morning weigh-ins.

10. TooMuch

TooMuch Active Member

184 pounds. :bb: :eat: No workouts missed.

11. MT77

MT77 Active Member

192 this morning. Nothing like a little alcohol induced dehydration to drop a couple lbs.

12. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

I was 182 at the gym this afternoon, but I usually weigh myself when I'm there to work out at 5:30 am, so I will see what it says tomorrow.

13. tensdanny

Weight is awfully high after returning today from a week long business and pleasure trip to California. I'm guessing it's almost all water weight.

I expect really big things out of myself these next few weeks. I'm going to nail this challenge.

14. MT77

MT77 Active Member

Weight back to 198 / 202 range. Not burning enough calories lately, and stress levels have been lower at work.

15. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

carguy (plus Joe and Bud from my gym)
    tensdanny
    tooMuch
    ThirdMohican
    MT77

How's it going guys? Time to check in for the New Year. We only have about one month left. I'm sill at 180# so have a ways to go to 191. I did start back up on Creatine yesterday after two months off so I'm hoping for my usual 5-7 pound weight gain with that.

Bud had a great week a few weeks ago and dropped to 196# but is back up to 202. Joe is like me and only dropped to about 204.

tensdanny, your lifts are looking good, how is the weight? And when is the wedding?

TooMuch, what's your latest?

ThirdMohican, haven't had an update in a while? Any new pounds? :eat:

MT77, you looked like you would be first to 191, how is it going now?

16. Mauidude

Mauidude Active Member

Let's go fellas! Time for the big kick to the finish line. I'm rooting for ya!:tucool:

17. TooMuch

TooMuch Active Member

I am 184 currently :eat:

18. TheThirdMohican

TheThirdMohican Active Member

CG and co.! I have been off this site for a full month (but not off the lifting warpath). Work's been killing me.

Diet has not been ideal (not enough cals) but at 184 lbs right now. Will need a strong kick to hit 191 in time.

19. MT77

MT77 Active Member

I was within a few pounds at one point, but now I'm hovering around 202. I don't think I'll get to 191 until after my next strongman contest. I'd like to stay around 205 / 208, cut to 200 for weigh-ins the day before the contest, compete at ~ 205, and then start a diet after the contest at the end of April.

20. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

Great to hear all the updates.

Feb. 1 is starting to loom close. But I was really happy to weigh in at 184# at the gym this morning. Considering that I dropped back to 179# when I started this, that's a gain of 5#.:claphigh:

Bud and Joe stayed the same as last week.

I normally hate legs day but I had an intense workout today and actually enjoyed it.

Keep up the good work guys.:bb: