1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

180 degree lifestyle change

Discussion in 'General Health/Fitness & Injuries' started by sigeplaxer, May 16, 2016.

1. sigeplaxer

sigeplaxer Well-Known Member

Hey guys.

I've been a member for a while. Been here off and on over that time. After a few major life changes, I find myself able to throw myself into getting healthy even more so now. Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, but I'm sure someone will move it as needed. :)

The quick and dirty info...44 yo, 6'1", 245# (down from 311 back in December 2015), type 2 diabetes, adult ADHD (explains much) and pre hypertension (I think the life changes improved this but finding out soon).

After getting back to normal, I'm comfortable hitting the gym 4-5 times a week at this point. I held off asking for guidance until when I missed a session I felt grumpy because I didn't go so I'm not wasting anyone's time.

On to the questions....I'm looking to lose another 30-40 pounds. Have done a decent job on my own, but the progress has slowed and I don't know enough about fitness to figure out where to turn next. The majority of the excess weight sits in the mid section. My arms, legs, face and neck have leaned out quite a bit (neck is 16.5 down from 22 inches). I know a lot of my progess will be addressed via diet, so I'm on the diabetic site checking out food recipes and googling for others in my situation to see how they eat since blood sugar is a bear to manage sometimes. But, I know there is an exercise component as well. My cardio efforts are good and still making fair progress there. Now, I need advice / guidance for the strength training part.

So, here I am. Ready to do the work, just need help figuring out what that work needs to be.

Thanks for any info. Feel free to come back with questions to better help me with what I'm after. I'm not entirely sure what all I needed to say.