1. JSF is shutting down on February 12, 2020. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

12 weeks to BUD/s challege.

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by eodman12, Jun 16, 2004.

1. eodman12

eodman12 Well-Known Member

This is an insane book i plan on doing in september obviously its 12 weeks long. If you wanna do the challenge with me ITS INSANE but let me know the book is like 15 dollars and it doesnt require a gym.
    -phil

2. chicanerous

chicanerous Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

What does it entail? I'll be done with my bulk then.

3. FionaMaeve

FionaMaeve Well-Known Member

What BUD/S book are you referring to?

The only BUD/S I know of is Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL training and it lasts six months and covers weapons, diving, small boat handling, and other stuff as well as physical conditioning.

Is the BUD/S book you're referring to based on the physical fitness part of the Navy Seal program?

4. CL117

CL117 Well-Known Member

I think he was refering to this...

http://www.baseops.net/basictraining/navyseals/warningorder.html

5. eodman12

eodman12 Well-Known Member

No no.. I was refering to the 12 weeks to BUD/s workout book by stewart smith. It basically is a 12 week program to get you prepared for military special forces. It entails 4-6 mile runs 2 mile swims 120+ pullup workouts 400-700 pushup workouts and the like it also entails plyometrics for legs and sprints. There are no weights in this program but i have done it before and can say you will see huge gains of strength and endurance with it.
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1578260981/ref=pd_sim_books_2/103-4978495-9004667?v=glance&s=books

I am training for going to BUD/s next july so i plan on doing this book 3-4 times.ANyways its a good book anyone who wants to do it with me via emails come around september let me know.
    -Phil

#5 eodman12, Jun 17, 2004
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2004
  6. FionaMaeve

FionaMaeve Well-Known Member

Wow! That is awesome! I'll definitely get the book. I won't be able to do the swims though because I don't have access to a pool.

7. Naytch

Naytch Well-Known Member

This sounds like the program I've been looking for. I'm gonna try to find the book and get started. I'll let you know what I think! :tu:

8. billysbrew

billysbrew Well-Known Member

My roommate in the Army did this program with great results back in '94/'95. He was already in great shape, I think it was more of a 'lets just see if I can do this' type of thing (Maybe an Army vs Navy thing too :nod: ) . Nice for a change of pace though, thats for sure, a break from the daily grind.

9. AMR

AMR Well-Known Member

I just got the book, I'm going to try out the beginner routine for a month or two and then go for the 12 week program. This is exactly what I've been looking for. :tu: