Please Support Our Sponsors and Advertisers!
JSF Amazon Mall
AtLarge Nutrition Results
John Stone Fitness
Brick City Bicycles

Go Back   John Stone Fitness Forums > Other Forums > Media Gallery

Media Gallery Post pictures and videos of your progress, before/after shots, your gym equipment, your family -- whatever!

Old Sun, September 18th, 2005, 07:22 PM   #1201
John Stone
Owner

Sex: Male
Stats: 6', 159.6 pounds, 6.0% body fat (maintaining)

I'm relaxing and very happy in this shot. I just completed the best workout of my life...
Attached Images

"I don't ride bikes to add years to my life; I ride bikes to add life to my years."

Old Sun, September 18th, 2005, 08:33 PM   #1202
Moveon

Stats: Height 72" (182 cm) Weight 162.5 lbs
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Stone
First of all, I stopped wearing gloves a few weeks ago. I know it sounds stupid, but I like the feel of the steel on my hands when I'm lifting. I'm earning some nice calluses...

Now THAT'S a real iron man. I love the feel of the steel. It really does make a difference. Those calluses are badges. They are hard earned.

Old Sun, September 18th, 2005, 11:53 PM   #1203
1FastGTX

Stats: 5'8|220lbs|95.2%bf

Quote:
1FastGTX, this one is for you. Is this better?

Go about half-way in between that one and the previous one and it would probably be best. REGARDLESS YOU LOOK FREAKING AWESOME! I'm telling you there is no doubt that this program you're on right now is making the most dramatic and rapid changes I've ever seen on you. Seriously, everything looks better.

Old Mon, September 19th, 2005, 12:52 AM   #1204
SteveO

Stats: Aug.1 2005: Age: 35 Height: 6' Weight 250lbs BMI: 32 Resting Heart Rate: 70 BP: 115/75 Waist: 46"

Quote:
Believe it or not, only the first shot was taken while I was really pumped. I took it after my arm/delt workout. In the second shot only my delts and traps are pumped, as I only worked my delts/traps yesterday. Of course my arms are somewhat pumped in the second shot thru indirect stimulation, but nothing like they are after working them directly.
John, to celebrate your "Best Workout EVAR!!" I suggest you might put up a new background pic on the homepage. You know the one behind "Main Content"?

You have made great progress and you're now a lot more ripped than you were that picture...

My Progress

Last edited by SteveO; Mon, September 19th, 2005 at 02:37 AM..

Old Mon, September 19th, 2005, 01:16 AM   #1205
SwoleCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastGTX
I'm telling you there is no doubt that this program you're on right now is making the most dramatic and rapid changes I've ever seen on you. Seriously, everything looks better.
That is great to hear. As his trainer/nutritionist this means we're doing something right!

~SC~

Old Mon, September 19th, 2005, 06:29 AM   #1206
The Abdominal Snowman

Stats: 6'4" * 188 lbs * ~?% bf

Quote:
Sweating like a pig. I blew the bicep peak, but not a bad shot anyway...
Okay, I just had my first audible reply to ANY post on this forum... I just heard myself say WHOA out loud when I saw this picture. John, that is amazing! You're getting too muscular for what I'm shooting for, but DAMN!

Old Mon, September 19th, 2005, 07:59 AM   #1207
John Stone
Owner

Moveon,
Exactly! Yeah, it seemed silly to me at first - why would I WANT calluses? But training without gloves adds an additional visceral element to my workouts that was missing before. I like it!

1FastGTX,
Thanks, Chris! I've been so inspired by the results I've seen since I've been on SGX that it's taken my workouts to a whole new level. I also have more energy now than I did before. Plus I'm working out at night, and that really seems to agree with me. SGX is the real thing - if you work hard and stick to it, IT WORKS.

P.S. I'll give that rear bicep pose another shot soon.

SteveO,
You read my mind! I may change it soon, but I might wait until I'm done with SGX and SC's "Seven Days To Ultimate Leanness". We'll see. Either way, I agree - it's high time to change that picture. Probably my avatar, too.

SwoleCat,
I think that's safe to say!!

The Abdominal Snowman,
Apparently you've not read any of the "diets" some people in the newbie forum are planning on trying. If that doesn't elicit a few audible "Whoas!", I don't know what will!

"I don't ride bikes to add years to my life; I ride bikes to add life to my years."

Old Mon, September 19th, 2005, 09:37 AM   #1208
The Abdominal Snowman

Stats: 6'4" * 188 lbs * ~?% bf

Quote:
The Abdominal Snowman,
Apparently you've not read any of the "diets" some people in the newbie forum are planning on trying. If that doesn't elicit a few audible "Whoas!", I don't know what will!
They brought a smile to my face, that's what they did! Dietwise I'm hard to impress anymore, I've lived on fruit, raw vegetables and nuts for about 11 months! I got to know a lot of weird people during that time.

The freakiest one I heard of was a guy who claimed to be a breatharian, lived on sunlight or some b.s. He was hanging with a guy I knew when he started to eat a twinky. The other guy asked: hey, what are you doing, I thought you lived on sunlight?!
He replied: yeah, but I can still have a snack every now and then?!

But, to get back on topic at what time did you use to workout before, and what time do you do it now?

Old Mon, September 19th, 2005, 10:25 AM   #1209
karatetricker

You are looking massive. I can't even tell you how much different and better you look than similar body fat levels two years ago. Your arms are absolutely huge!

Old Mon, September 19th, 2005, 11:44 AM   #1210
Oranzith

at one arm shot, from the side, where you said it was showing the pump. OMFG TAHT IS GINORMOUS! That definitely looks like competition level guns to less knowledgeable people to me.

I gotta ask, is that pushing the arm against your body to push the muscle out, is it just that big? would it look lke that if your arm was 1 foot away from your body?

Nevertheless, you are looking, whats the word? Oh yes - SWOLE

Old Mon, September 19th, 2005, 11:48 AM   #1211
SwoleCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oranzith

Nevertheless, you are looking, whats the word? Oh yes - SWOLE
I must say that I love that word.

~SC~

Old Mon, September 19th, 2005, 12:04 PM   #1212
John Stone
Owner

The Abdominal Snowman,
I've tried everything: weight training first thing in the morning (fasted), in the morning after a protein shake, mid-day after breakfast but before meal #2, and evenings between meals 4 & 5. No doubt about it, the evening workouts are best for me.

karatetricker,
Thanks KT! I've not heard the "you're too skinny" complaint in almost a year.

Oranzith,
Thank you!

No, I promise you, I'm not pushing my arm against my body at all. If you were working out with me you'd see the same thing. Lisa always does a double-take when she sees how pumped my arms get. My arms just get extra freaky looking when I superset biceps and triceps - that's over a 1.25" pump right there. They sure don't look like that all time time!

Here's another arm picture from last night, only this time I'm flexing. I didn't post it because it's not a very good picture, but I think it shows that most of my arm is behind my body. Also, my arms get so hard when they are pumped up that pressing them against my body while flexing would do nothing to the size.
Attached Images

Old Mon, September 19th, 2005, 12:28 PM   #1213
Nico

Stats: 6'2" 205 lbs

John, you're now officially huge. But without the fat you were carrying back in January of this year. Nice work-I've been working out with the supersets for a little while and I really like them too.

Old Mon, September 19th, 2005, 12:43 PM   #1214
Nate

Quote:
Sweating like a pig. I blew the bicep peak, but not a bad shot anyway...
That's a great shot. Nice work, John.

AIM: aquariumdrinquer - IM me, I don't bite.

Old Mon, September 19th, 2005, 01:47 PM   #1215
Jim G.

The really scary part is: after he's done cutting he's going on a bulk! Imagine that, he's just going to burst out of his skin!

Great results John!

Old Mon, September 19th, 2005, 02:14 PM   #1216
Gila Monster

Sex: Female
Stats: July 2008 Height 165 cm Weight 54 kg Biceps: 24.5 cm Goal: 25.5 cm Waist: 69.1 cm Goal: 65 cm Thighs: 53.2 cm Goal: 50 cm Calves: 33.4 cm Goal: 35 cm

John, you look unbelievable!!!
Great progress! I can hardly believe you're cutting!

Old Mon, September 19th, 2005, 03:31 PM   #1217
1FastGTX

Stats: 5'8|220lbs|95.2%bf

WARNING TO JOHN STONE:
If they have not started already, you will soon be getting the "ewww you're getting too big" comments!! (Which I would disagree with - you look awesome!)

Old Mon, September 19th, 2005, 03:53 PM   #1218
dano

Quote:
WARNING TO JOHN STONE:
If they have not started already, you will soon be getting the "ewww you're getting too big" comments!! (Which I would disagree with - you look awesome!)
Or the "See , I knew he was taking steroids."

Mr. Stone, you are definately large and in charge. Superb work !
"The whole "natural" thing is kind of hard to really figure when you get down to it. "Artificial" things are found in nature. Anthrax is all natural but you kind of want to avoid eating it."- zenpharaohs

Old Mon, September 19th, 2005, 03:58 PM   #1219
John Stone
Owner

Nico,
Supersets are awesome, aren't they? I love doing them. I can't believe I never tried them until recently. Thanks for the kind words!

Nate,
I almost didn't post it because my flexing was off and my arm was cut off. Other than those two things, I like the picture so I put it up. Thanks for the comment, glad you liked it!

Jim G.,
Thanks, Jim! I plan to put my last bulk to shame this year. I feel like I have it in me.

Gila Monster,
That makes two of us! Three cheers for SGX. Thanks for the kind words!

Quote:
WARNING TO JOHN STONE:
If they have not started already, you will soon be getting the "ewww you're getting too big" comments!!
Oh, I'm quite used to hearing that particular comment.

What can I say, I'm in a weird mood...

Old Mon, September 19th, 2005, 03:59 PM   #1220
stallion16

Hey John, how ya doing?

Im just curious if it would be possible to get the number of calories ur eating (I know SGX is a confidential plan but since its individualized for every person, I dont see a problem with giving out this one number.) im just curious because you look like youve been bulking which is wierd because you're supposedly on a cutting regimen.