Please Support Our Sponsors and Advertisers!
JSF Amazon Mall
AtLarge Nutrition Results
John Stone Fitness
Brick City Bicycles

Go Back   John Stone Fitness Forums > Fat Loss, Muscle Building & Body Transformation > Nutrition & Supplements

Nutrition & Supplements Food, nutrition and supplements.

Not eating right - not living right!
Old Thu, May 3rd, 2012, 09:34 PM   #1
Kappa21

Sex: Male
Default Not eating right - not living right!

Hey guys,

I was on this forum for ages, but havent been on for a long time.....
Here is my thing.....
I was in shape and working out a lot before.... I was always wanting to get in shape and succeeded in losing weight.

I got a job and was busy and now after going back to square A, i found myself lazy and unmotivated to go back to the gym cause I always feel tired and lazy....

I feel one of the thing that I am doing is not eating right. I feel tired the whole day and bloated. I wanna get rid of the gut and the moobs, but its diffiuclt and i feel that eating is a big step in the right direction.

I dont like to cook and have a hard time finding good food. I eat too much sugar and too much salt cause i got no time to find nutricious food.

Please help

Old Sat, May 5th, 2012, 09:21 AM   #2
Terps01fan2006

Seems to me like your making excuses, what's good for you isnt easy and it's going to hurt. You have to take a long look in the mirror and have a talk with yourself about what you really want, and if your willing to go through the process to achieve your goals. Know that it won't be easy but the endgame will be worth it.

You just said you know you eat like shit, well then you know the fix. Take small steps towards improving your diet day in day out.

You've done it before, there is no reason why you can't get back on track. The last thing you or anybody else wants to hear or see, is you feeling sorry for yourself.

It comes down to doing it, you either accept the way you are now and not complain about it, or do something about it. Sounds to me like you want t do something about it, but wanting to a willing to is the great divide.

Good luck!

Old Sun, May 6th, 2012, 07:03 PM   #3
Sedentary_Endomorph

Stats: Age 42 5' 10" Began 258 and now 197.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa21 View Post
Hey guys,

I was on this forum for ages, but havent been on for a long time.....
Here is my thing.....
I was in shape and working out a lot before.... I was always wanting to get in shape and succeeded in losing weight.

I got a job and was busy and now after going back to square A, i found myself lazy and unmotivated to go back to the gym cause I always feel tired and lazy....

I feel one of the thing that I am doing is not eating right. I feel tired the whole day and bloated. I wanna get rid of the gut and the moobs, but its diffiuclt and i feel that eating is a big step in the right direction.

I dont like to cook and have a hard time finding good food. I eat too much sugar and too much salt cause i got no time to find nutricious food.

Please help
It doesn't take alot more time to cook healthy--even for one. The key is making enough for several meals and eating off that for a couple of days. Here is my suggestion. Cook a tray of skinless chicken breasts at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. It takes about 5 minutes to lay out the chicken and remove from the oven after cooked. The extra chicken will keep just fine for a couple of days in the fridge or you can freeze a few pieces. Look for sale items and you'll pay around .99 to 1.49 per pound

Brocholli microwaves in about 5 minutes. White rice takes about 15 minutes in the microwave (less oviously for instant). Frozen vegetables taste good and microwave quickly.

A can of tuna in water mixed in with pasta sauce and pasta is a quick meal. Beans (dried) need to be soaked in water before cooking, however, canned beans can be a great alternative.

Good luck

Hello.
Old Thu, May 31st, 2012, 12:14 PM   #4
Colossus

Stats: Height 6'3" ; Weight 220lbs. Trying to lose weight whilst also toning up by October 2012.
Default Hello.

Diet and nutrition is one are where I've been terrible these past 12/18 months.

Since Monday, I've been making changes to the way I eat and what I eat.

Right now, I'm at work and I'm currently eating a tuna salad. One tin of John West tuna (no drain) in sunflower oil with a half a bag of mixed leaf salad, and a few cherry tomotos. It took me less than two minutes to throw the ingredients into a tupperware box.

When I get home from work later at around 9:30pm, I'll probably have 1/2 roast chicken and some cottage cheese and a cup of green tea.

Cheers,
Colossus