Please Support Our Sponsors and Advertisers!
JSF Amazon Mall
AtLarge Nutrition Results
John Stone Fitness
Brick City Bicycles

Go Back   John Stone Fitness Forums > Main Fitness Forums > Introductions & Advice For Beginners

Introductions & Advice For Beginners New to the forums and want to introduce yourself? This is the place. Confused about fat loss, eating right and/or weight training and don't know where to begin? Start by reading the "sticky" posts at the top of this forum.

Hello Forum Newbie here!
Old Tue, April 24th, 2012, 11:55 AM   #1
mnbluepits

Sex: Male
Default Hello Forum Newbie here!

Hello everyone i wanna start off saying IM over weight! and i know it...
It started 3 years ago and just getting bad every day!

3 years ago i weight 200lbs im 6foot.. Got into a quad accident broke my right back leg Scroll down to see the leg its the back little bone i broke twisted and tore all my ligament in my ankle.Well put me off my leg and ankle for 7 months then the doctor told me to do go up and down on my tippy toes.and i couldn't every time i tried it cause major pain in my leg.Went back to doctors they said it could take up to 5 years.. to fully heal!! well the next year i found up my son has muscle dystrophy duchenne So that threw me into depressing . With him having so little time on i want to be able to spend much time as i can with him .and as of right now i cant walk more then 50 feet before i have to sit down and wait for the pain in my leg to stop before i can walk again i currently weight about 340 ive tried doing work out but anything that has to do with my leg cause me pain... so here is my question what can i do to lose weight so i can enjoy time with my son. Any help is much welcome!

Old Thu, April 26th, 2012, 12:53 AM   #2
FatLenny

Stats: I stand 5' 10". Started at 336 lbs and 49% BF. Currently 215.8 lbs, 19.8% BF, a fire under my bum that can grind out some serious squats.

I think for you, it will be mainly about your nutrition(like it is for everybody, in reality). Listen to your doctors and physical therapists for your exercise and activity advice. Do what they ask you to do. They will help you heal properly.

To lose weight, you may want to speak with a nutritionist to evaluate your current nutritional habits and recommend changes. Have you ever tracked what you eat or kept a food journal? That would be a good place to start... check out the sticky threads in this forum, too. Look closely at the ones about nutrition.

Good luck!

Old Sat, April 28th, 2012, 11:07 AM   #3
mnbluepits

Yea ive been talking to one. seams my intake needs to be 2600 and i ve tried a week now with no luck on getting that close.. im eating any where to 1600 to 1700 thats it

Old Sat, April 28th, 2012, 12:50 PM   #4
Chopaholic

Sex: Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnbluepits View Post
Yea ive been talking to one. seams my intake needs to be 2600 and i ve tried a week now with no luck on getting that close.. im eating any where to 1600 to 1700 thats it
2600 to LOSE weight, when you can't exercise - can hardly walk?

That seems like a tremendous number of calories.

Old Sun, April 29th, 2012, 06:34 PM   #5
mnbluepits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopaholic View Post
2600 to LOSE weight, when you can't exercise - can hardly walk?

That seems like a tremendous number of calories.
i can walk about a total of 100 yards at time then i need to stop after that.till leg feels better and yes i think thats alot and my fitnesspal app tells me around the same but im only eating around half that and that with me pushing my self to eat more

Last edited by mnbluepits; Sun, April 29th, 2012 at 06:36 PM.. Reason: spell error