Please Support Our Sponsors and Advertisers!
JSF Amazon Mall
AtLarge Nutrition Results
John Stone Fitness
Brick City Bicycles

Go Back   John Stone Fitness Forums > Other Forums > Fitness Challenges > "100 Challenges"

"100 Challenges" Everyone starts with 100 points, can you keep them all for a full month?

Closed Thread

John Stone's May 2012 "100 Challenge" (Completed)
Old Mon, April 16th, 2012, 08:41 AM   #1
John Stone
Owner

Sex: Male
Stats: 6', 160.2 pounds, 6.2% body fat (maintaining)
Arrow John Stone's May 2012 "100 Challenge" (Completed)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE CHALLENGE HAS BEGUN. NO MORE ENTRIES ALLOWED FOR THIS MONTH'S CHALLENGE!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Until the challenge begins, please DO NOT make any posts in this thread except your Official Entry post (a single placeholder post is OK). Once the challenge starts, you may post all you like.

This premise of this challenge is pretty simple: Each participant starts the month with 100 points. A point is deducted each time a workout is missed, a meal is missed, an unscheduled "cheat" meal or snack is consumed or a daily update to your official challenge post is missed. The goal, of course, is to finish the month with 100 points!

Here are the rules:

1) The challenge begins on MAY 1, 2012. You must have your starting post up by 9:00 AM (EDT) on MAY 1, 2012--NO EXCEPTIONS!
2) It doesn't matter if you are cutting, bulking or maintaining. The common goal here is 100% consistency.
3) Each person participating in the challenge should start a post in this thread by the cut-off time. Your Official Challenge post must be updated each and every day. The updates won't take long (examples below). If you miss an update, you must deduct a point. Please note that you should edit your existing Official Challenge post--don't start a new post every day.
4) Miss a workout for any reason, deduct a point.
5) Miss a meal for any reason, deduct a point.
6) Eat an unscheduled "cheat" meal or snack, deduct a point.

Feel free to post before/after pictures if you like (optional).

Of course this challenge is based on the honor system. You can cheat, but that would be pointless.

Here's an example Official Challenge post (feel free to copy and paste, substituting your own information):

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sample Official "100 Challenge" post

GOAL: Cutting

COMMENT: I want to reduce my body fat to 8%.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
Monday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: chest & triceps (PM)
Tuesday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)
Wednesday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: back & biceps (PM)
Thursday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)
Friday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: delts & traps (PM)
Saturday Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: legs (PM)
Sunday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)

MEAL SCHEDULE
Six meals per day, one cheat meal per week.

STARTING STATS
WEIGHT: 200 pounds
BODY FAT: 9.8%
ARMS: 16.75"
CALVES: 16.5"
CHEST: 42.75"
FOREARMS: 13.5"
HIPS: 38.75"
THIGHS: 24"
WAIST: 32.5"

END STATS
WEIGHT:
BODY FAT:
ARMS:
CALVES:
CHEST:
FOREARMS:
HIPS:
THIGHS:
WAIST:

DAILY LOG (Note: Each entry should be completed the day after, or at the end of the same day after all meals/workouts are completed. Please be sure to keep a running total of your points, as shown below.)

MAY 1: I did my cardio and ate all meals as scheduled.
-0 points [100 points]

MAY 2: My car broke down and I missed my back workout. I walked to Burger King for dinner and had an unscheduled cheat meal.
-2 points [98 points]

MAY 3: I missed my cardio today, but ate all meals as scheduled.
-1 point [97 points]

MAY 4:

MAY 5: I missed yesterday's update, but I did my delts and traps workout yesterday, and ate all meals as scheduled (including my scheduled cheat meal). Today I did my cardio, ate all meals as scheduled and did my leg workout.
-1 point [96 POINTS]

You get the idea.....

"I don't ride bikes to add years to my life; I ride bikes to add life to my years."

Old Sun, April 29th, 2012, 07:32 PM   #2
buffedstuff

Sex: Female

Yes, I will play tag for another month. May is a wild and beautiful month at least on my agenda.

Goal: This might indeed be my month of salvation. It looks like I will be here there and everywhere,thankfully not at the same time so my major goal will be training 5 days per week minimum & Maximizing my nutritional intake while traveling. I can only pray that it all comes together.

Workout schedule: Weight training 5 days per week, Cardiovascular protocols 5 days per week.
Nutrition 3-4 meals a day.

May1: 99% Starting out with a slight glitch.
May2: 98% I'm still chasing myself, I might freak myself out if I ever catch myself.
May3: 97% The psychology of being me is becoming more complicated by the day.
May4: 96% I am tapering with the success equation again
May5: 95% Did I mention this was one of those dodging traffic playing with cars type weeks??
May6: 94% No Comment!
May13: 87% Okay, when duty calls I have to go put I will subtract a point for each day I couldn't sign in ...ouch! Other than that I am blessed!
May 14: 87% Okay I am back on my home turf training and my butt was slaughtered today. Literally. It was Monday time to rock the glutes and massacre the legs all I can say is mission complete.
Continue to give it your best everyone and have a fantastic week.
May 15: 87% In the battle of me versus me I might just be winning LOL...it's only tuesday and already my butt has been kicked to the curb. I am feeling the intensity but I am falling in love with it, in a wicked sort of wild way.
May 16: 86% addicted to beautiful pressure
May 17: 85% This is like really crazy, what a wild month.
May 20: 82% Back from another road trip and ready for a productive week.
May 21: 82% What a wonderful Monday I am feeling the love.
May 22: 82% mission complete
May 23: 82% Holding it together counting the blessings.
May 24: 82% Yes Indeed, I survived and held it all together.
May 31: 74% Okay I missed a lot of logging in this month, but yet slowly I progress. I will not be deterred. By the grace of G-d I will reach my goal. Each month thus far has given me viable feedback it will only be a matter of time until....

Last edited by buffedstuff; Thu, May 31st, 2012 at 06:33 PM..

Old Mon, April 30th, 2012, 09:48 AM   #3
optiks

GOAL: Lose weight + increase fitness. No coffee or soft drinks. Take lunch to work every day.
COMMENT: I mainly want to get back my running fitness as I've piled on a few kilos in the last month and a half.
WORKOUT SCHEDULE: This will differ per day but will include walking, running and swimming at least once a day.
MEAL SCHEDULE: Six meals per day, one cheat meal per week.
STARTING STATS - WEIGHT: 96kg

MAY 1: Went for a 40min walk as my body's still pretty sore from my run yesterday (the first in a month). Ate well but was still hungry for most of the day. No coffee or soft drinks (slight cravings for coffee).
-0 points [100 points]

MAY 2: Went for a 40min walk during lunch. Ate well. Had left over pumpkin soup for lunch. No coffee or soft drinks (no real cravings).
-0 points [100 points]

May 3: Went for a 10km run/walk. Melbourne is *freezing* at the moment! Ate well apart from penne bolognese that my fiance cooked for dinner. No coffee or soft drinks (no real cravings but I do miss them!).
-1 point for pasta [99 points]

May 4: [Missed] No exercise. Ate pretty ordinarily. Still going strong on the no coffee or soft drinks.
-3 points for missing update, no exercise and food [96 points]

May 5: [Missed] No exercise. Busy day running around looking at house auctions and inspections. Ate pretty ordinarily. Still going strong on the no coffee of soft drinks.
-3 points for missing update, no exercise and food [93 points]

May 6: No exercise. Ate pretty ordinarily (although I have to admit my first ever roast pork was worth it :-)). Still going strong on the no coffee or soft drinks.
-2 points for no exercise and food [91 points]

May 7: No exercise. Ate pretty ordinarily (dinner at sister's house). No coffee or soft drinks (at least I'm succeeding at this??).
-2 points for no exercise and food [89 points]

May 8: No exercise. Ate crap. No coffee or soft drinks.
-2 points for no exercise and food [87 points]

TIME TO GET ON TOP OF THIS AGAIN ARGH.

Last edited by optiks; Tue, May 8th, 2012 at 08:18 AM..

May '12
Old Mon, April 30th, 2012, 07:46 PM   #4
MrsGoldsen

Sex: Female
Default May '12

May 1 Tuesday-Got some rest. Ate two cookies, but for the amount I'm paying in rent I felt obligated to take them from the office when I was in there. Strolled with the dog. Went swimming with the kid. A few laps. Mostly playing with the football. Other than 2 cookies ate nutritious food. Not a heavy duty workout, but not pure couch potato either.

Weeks vary depending on which city I'm in (and don't worry, the dog will be walked by someone else if it's not me), but here's what I'm shooting for:

Monday: Walk dog morning, upper body, walk dog evening
Tuesday: Walk dog morning, yoga, walk dog evening
Wednesday: Switch cities, exercise bike
Thursday: Switch cities, walk dog morning or evening, upper body
Friday: walk dog morning, switch cities
Saturday: Volunteer Challenger Baseball, sleep
Sunday: Switch cities, exercise bike, walk dog evening

Last edited by MrsGoldsen; Tue, May 1st, 2012 at 09:06 PM..

Old Tue, May 1st, 2012, 09:33 AM   #5
100pr00f

Stats: 5.9' 180lbs

[Points: 97]

GOAL: Weight Loss 6-8 lb s / get my push up endurance to 100 straight

COMMENT: mmm today i got news i might be working alot outside so if this happens work outs during the week will be slim to none due to time ..blaahhh it suck wish i worked at home on my own time lol but any ways i still will hit my goal but my points my suffer due to only giving my self a 2 days a week breaks ...i still will do push ups every day

WORKOUT SCHEDULE

Workout 1:
leg stretches (10 min), Stationary bike (15 min) Triceps, back, shoulders, chest

Workout 2: leg stretches (10 min), Stationary bike (15 min) Biceps, legs, traps, calfs

Workout 3: leg stretches (10 min), Stationary bike (15 min) abs

Repeat

Note: I give myself Two days off a week randomly due to work as i work 20 hrs some times ....

MEAL SCHEDULE
Five meals per day

STARTING STATS
WEIGHT: 180
BODY FAT: 25
ARMS: 15.1
CALVES: 15
CHEST: 39.5
FOREARMS: 11.5
HIPS: 34
THIGHS: 22.5
WAIST: 35

END STATS
WEIGHT:
BODY FAT:
ARMS:
CALVES:
CHEST:
FOREARMS:
HIPS:
THIGHS:
WAIST:

DAILY LOG

May 1: 1st non work out of the week ..lol what a way to start it ...cals are on point
[Points 100]

May 2: felt good to get in the gym. the cals are on point...still doing the pushup challenge
[Points 100]

May 3: Worked out at home and not gym today cals are on point [Points 100]

May 4: worked out even though i worked all last night...im dead tired now ..cals are off today but i dont mind
[Points 99]

May 5: work out was great cals are on point......the avengers was nice haha [Points 99]

May 6: work out i felt sluggish but complete it ...cals are off today ..not to happy about that one ....2marro i need to get back in the grove
[Points 98]

May 7: work out was good the cals are on point [Points 98]

May 8: no work out due to work hard to work out on 2 hours of sleep...first of the week...cals are on point ..push ups are going good as well they are getting easier to do [Points 98]

May 9: worked out ...was a lil sluggish due to sleep and work ...cals are on point
[Points 98]

May 10: work out was ok ...my neck is stiff ..i hate that...food was on track [Points 98]

May 11: neck is still stiff work out was ok cant wait for tomorrow to get a good work out in [Points 98]

May 12: every thing went good ..work out check cals on point check. [Points 98]

May 13: work out was good but the cals were off ...but it was worth it [Points 97]

May 14: had a good work out cals are back on target [Points 97]

May 15: no work out 1 due to work ....cals are on point [Points 97]
May 16: very crappy day ...im to tired to do any thing ...no workout 2......cals are on point [Points 97]

Last edited by 100pr00f; Wed, May 16th, 2012 at 10:44 AM..

Old Tue, May 1st, 2012, 02:29 PM   #6
John Stone
Owner

Stats: 6', 160.2 pounds, 6.2% body fat (maintaining)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE CHALLENGE HAS BEGUN. NO MORE ENTRIES ALLOWED FOR THIS MONTH'S CHALLENGE!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't ride bikes to add years to my life; I ride bikes to add life to my years."

Closed Thread