Please Support Our Sponsors and Advertisers!
JSF Amazon Mall
AtLarge Nutrition Results
John Stone Fitness
Brick City Bicycles

Go Back   John Stone Fitness Forums > Main Fitness Forums > Fat Loss/Cutting

Fat Loss/Cutting Get ripped. This forum is for those who have already invested time into learning about fat loss. Beginners should post in the beginner's forum.

Hunger Questions
Old Sun, April 8th, 2012, 06:41 PM   #1
Salil

Sex: Male
Default Hunger Questions

Hello,
I had myself measured with body calipers as well as hydrostatic testing and with calipers I measured at 13.7% and with hydrostatic I measured at 15%. I am trying to cut further body fat and hence I workout 4 days a week with 30 minutes of interval training. My other activities include volleyball and dancing. I try to eat 5 times a day with a healthy breakfast. However, I face this problem consistently, I eat a meal of about 500-600 calories and within half an hour or so I am hungry again. Also if I get hungry and I eat I almost immediately have to go to the restroom after the meal. Does this indicate that my metabolism is speeding up?
I have a very busy work schedule and I try to eat healthy home cooked meals that I prepare like chicken and brown rice, pasta etc. but I never feel completely satisfied with the food and always feel hungry. I do have a good workout even though I have to eat before and immediately after the workout. I was wondering if it is better to eat a very heavy meal a couple of hours before the workout or is it a better idea to eat after. Also I have a protein + fruit milkshake after workout and have a very light dinner but when I wake up in the morning I am hungry again within 20 minutes.

Old Mon, April 9th, 2012, 11:56 AM   #2
jbivens

Location: In my own world. I'd invite you in but I need to straighten up first.
Stats: 10/4/13 - I'm back! 206.2. 90 day goal of 35 lbs by 11/22 (188.8). Overall 60 lbs by May 1. (163.8) And away I go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salil View Post
Hello,
I had myself measured with body calipers as well as hydrostatic testing and with calipers I measured at 13.7% and with hydrostatic I measured at 15%. I am trying to cut further body fat and hence I workout 4 days a week with 30 minutes of interval training. My other activities include volleyball and dancing. I try to eat 5 times a day with a healthy breakfast. However, I face this problem consistently, I eat a meal of about 500-600 calories and within half an hour or so I am hungry again. Also if I get hungry and I eat I almost immediately have to go to the restroom after the meal. Does this indicate that my metabolism is speeding up?
I have a very busy work schedule and I try to eat healthy home cooked meals that I prepare like chicken and brown rice, pasta etc. but I never feel completely satisfied with the food and always feel hungry. I do have a good workout even though I have to eat before and immediately after the workout. I was wondering if it is better to eat a very heavy meal a couple of hours before the workout or is it a better idea to eat after. Also I have a protein + fruit milkshake after workout and have a very light dinner but when I wake up in the morning I am hungry again within 20 minutes.

Eating healthy foods doesn't always translate to eating healthy. Maybe you are not eating enough calories. Have you figured out your caloric needs based on personal stats?

If you are confident you are eating the correct amount of calories to reach your goals, I would recommend two things. 1. Stock up on sugar free jello. 10 calories each and a quick snack to help the hunger subside. 2. I chew alot of sugar free gum. It keeps my mouth moving and mint soothes the stomach.

Are you drinking water? Water can sometimes make you feel full if you drink enough of it.

My Journal
http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/s...ad.php?t=51808

Old Mon, April 9th, 2012, 06:28 PM   #3
madamert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salil View Post
Hello,
1. You should be hungry on waking up. You've just fasted for 8 hours.

2. Do you know how many calories you should be consuming to lose/maintain/gain? Are you eating that many?

3. What is your breakdown? Are you not eating a lot of fat? Have you tried to eat more fat?

4. No weight training? Why not?

5. Bathroom after a meal does not indicate increased metabolism. That is what you ate yesterday, not what you just ate... unless something is very wrong. Perhaps your hunger is drowning out your existing need to go signal?

6. You are a guy, yes?

7. I eat before/during/after working out. I can't imagine only one of the 3.

Old Tue, April 10th, 2012, 09:20 PM   #4
stallion16

What do your meals consist of? Aim for meals higher in protein, fat, fiber, water-content. These foods tend to decrease hunger while meals high in sugar or a combination of sugar/fat/salt tend to increase appetite.

Old Wed, April 11th, 2012, 11:22 AM   #5
digitalnebula

When I eat a carb-heavy meal....see: chinese food....I get ravenously hungry within an hour after eating it....

I can smash my hunger pangs with a dozen peanuts....works like a charm...

Fats temper hunger.

Old Wed, April 11th, 2012, 09:02 PM   #6
wwwolf

I found that eating many small meals throughout the day made me feel hungry all the time.

I switched to only eating two main meals per day (noon and 8pm) and now am never hungry. I have to force myself to eat more than I would think, or else I don't get enough calories. It took two weeks to adjust to this eating pattern.