Please Support Our Sponsors and Advertisers!
JSF Amazon Mall
AtLarge Nutrition Results
John Stone Fitness
Brick City Bicycles

Go Back   John Stone Fitness Forums > Main Fitness Forums > Fat Loss/Cutting

Fat Loss/Cutting Get ripped. This forum is for those who have already invested time into learning about fat loss. Beginners should post in the beginner's forum.

my cutting plan..what you think?
Old Fri, February 17th, 2012, 06:29 AM   #1
gym-freak

Sex: Male
Default my cutting plan..what you think?

hi. right now im on a cut, its a low carbs, high protein and fat diet. im posting my diet and training too see if any where can be improoved.
stats:
height: 5 ft 11
Weight: 16 stones

Meal 1:
peanut butter
1 bagel
Protien: 11g, carbs: 30g, fats: 11g

meal 2 (1 hour after)
Tuna can
Protien 35g, carbs: 0, Fats: 10g (sun flower oil)

Meal 3
2 Scoop whey protien
my protien oats
flax oil
Protein, 50g, carbs 30g, fats,10g

meal 4
200g chicken + veg
protien- 61g, fats, 3.4g

meal 5
200g chicken
200g whole grain rice
protien: 64g, cbs, 31g, fats 3.4g

meal 6(pwo)
whey protien
protien 50g

meal 7
chicken veg
protien 61g, fats 3.4g

snacks- pistachios and almonds
protien-15g, carbs 8g, fats 40g

Protien total- 340g 1392kcal
Carb total- 99g 396kcal
Fat= 84g 756kcal

Gym
monday: am cardio 30mins low intensity
pm- weights (30mins low intensity)

tuesday-
pm boxig

wednesday
weights lunch time
pm 1 hour hiit fitness class

thursday
mma conditioning 1 hour

friday
am cardio (30mins low intensity)
pm weights
(30mins low intensity)

saturday
pm weights
(40mins low intensity)

sunday- day off (cheat meals)

during all these sessions i drink an amino acid drink during work out.

i know theres a lot of high intensity work out, hoping not to loose too much muscle, doing the mma and boxing to build stamina and hopefully help with fat loss and toning, should i up my carbs a bit on the boxin, mma days? i find it hard to loose fat, its stubborn as hell.

let me know what you guys think.

thanks!

Old Fri, February 17th, 2012, 11:53 AM   #2
mastover

Stats: Pro Natural Bodybuilder

That's an incredible amount of activity. How long have you been on this diet and what has it done for you? IMO, I would eliminate the amino acid drink unless it is a bcaa or straight up l-leucine drink. If your drink contains the entire amino acid array that makes up the essential amino's, then you would have to factor it's protein and calories into your daily macro's. However, your existing protein intake is quite high. My suggestion would be to lower your protein, fats, and overall calories, but increase your carb intake. Take in the majority of your daily carbs pre and post workout and divide the rest of your carbs any way you like. I would also bump up your protein intake at Meal #1 to at least 35 grams.

Good luck.

Old Fri, February 17th, 2012, 01:19 PM   #3
gym-freak

theres some days i wont do weights due to being too sore from mma, ive just started the diet last week, but not lost anything :s according to scales. how much carbs should i bump it up by?? i find im sensitive to carbs so few people gave me these macros? and the drink is scivation xtend

Old Fri, February 17th, 2012, 01:38 PM   #4
mastover

Quote:
Originally Posted by gym-freak View Post
theres some days i wont do weights due to being too sore from mma, ive just started the diet last week, but not lost anything :s according to scales. how much carbs should i bump it up by?? i find im sensitive to carbs so few people gave me these macros? and the drink is scivation xtend
Remember that scale weight is a poor gauge concerning what is actually happening. What are your carb choices? My opinion is that you should cut down/out low intensity cardio if possible. It impairs strength and hypertrophy and lowers metabolic rate.

I'd start off with: (this is if you eliminate the cheat day on Sunday)
PRO - 240 grams
CHO - 190 grams
FAT - 65 grams
On a complete day off from any kind of training, I'd lower carbs by 25 grams.

Make adjustments according to your bodies weekly feedback.

Old Fri, February 17th, 2012, 01:41 PM   #5
gym-freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastover View Post
Remember that scale weight is a poor gauge concerning what is actually happening. What are your carb choices? My opinion is that you should cut down/out low intensity cardio if possible. It impairs strength and hypertrophy and lowers metabolic rate.

I'd start off with: (this is if you eliminate the cheat day on Sunday)
PRO - 240 grams
CHO - 190 grams
FAT - 65 grams
On a complete day off from any kind of training, I'd lower carbs by 25 grams.

Make adjustments according to your bodies weekly feedback.
i though low intensity cardio (am) burns fat?? am i not doing enough cardio with only 3 mma sessions a week? carbs i use is oats, rice, bagels.

Old Fri, February 17th, 2012, 01:56 PM   #6
mastover

Quote:
i though low intensity cardio (am) burns fat?? am i not doing enough cardio with only 3 mma sessions a week? carbs i use is oats, rice, bagels.
LISS is not nearly effective as HIIT. In fact, there's no comparison especially for an endomorphic body type, which you appear to be. Yes, your cardio is more than enough. If you were not doing the mma stuff, I'd do HIIT. Remember, in the beginning stages of fat loss, less is best with cardio. Your added LISS is going to bring you to a very early plateau with fat loss. When that happens, you'll have to do even more and more cardio. At that point you'll be burned out with nothing left to give.... Less is best with cardio... particularly at the onset.

Do you not eat any veggies? I'd include at least 2-4 cups of green fibrous veggies to your diet and make sure to record the pro, carb, calories in them. They are important for the vitamins, minerals, and fiber. They also help amplify protein synthesis.

Old Fri, February 17th, 2012, 02:00 PM   #7
gym-freak

i have veggies twice a day, i could easily up it. im just afraid the extra carbs will effect my fat loss? and yes im endomorph.

Old Fri, February 17th, 2012, 02:02 PM   #8
gym-freak

so if i have more carbs before a work out? say extra rice, and a banana after work out? that should be enough for extra carbs?

since i am doing lots of mma i dont want to go catabolic..thats why i had soo much protien..any suggestions on catabolic.

Old Fri, February 17th, 2012, 02:47 PM   #9
mastover

Quote:
so if i have more carbs before a work out? say extra rice, and a banana after work out? that should be enough for extra carbs?

since i am doing lots of mma i dont want to go catabolic..thats why i had soo much protien..any suggestions on catabolic.
Does that rice, banana make up most of your daily carb intake?? Get most of your daily carb macro's around the training window.

If your protein requirements are met by day's end, then carbs are going to be more important to stop or prevent catabolism. But I think you are overthinking this.

As long as your protein and carb requirements are met within a 24 hour period, your body is in what's called the "fed state" when blood glucose (which is stored in the muscle and liver, a very powerful anabolic signaler) is filled, or in an optimal range.

The repair and restorative process of muscle tissue doesn't begin and stop after you have a pre and an immediate post workout protein source. It continues all day and night 24/7.

Make sure you have more protein at breakfast than you currently are (you are coming off a lengthy fast called sleep), get in most of your carbs around training, and and you are gold.

Old Sat, February 18th, 2012, 08:45 AM   #10
gym-freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastover View Post
Does that rice, banana make up most of your daily carb intake?? Get most of your daily carb macro's around the training window.

If your protein requirements are met by day's end, then carbs are going to be more important to stop or prevent catabolism. But I think you are overthinking this.

As long as your protein and carb requirements are met within a 24 hour period, your body is in what's called the "fed state" when blood glucose (which is stored in the muscle and liver, a very powerful anabolic signaler) is filled, or in an optimal range.

The repair and restorative process of muscle tissue doesn't begin and stop after you have a pre and an immediate post workout protein source. It continues all day and night 24/7.

Make sure you have more protein at breakfast than you currently are (you are coming off a lengthy fast called sleep), get in most of your carbs around training, and and you are gold.
ok, so ill stick to the 3 mma/boxing sessions, and weight sessions, up my carbs and adjust protiens and fats, eat more protiens in the morning. and cut out low intensity cardio. and see how it goes. not lost anything this week still the same, would of though id drop at least 1lb.

Old Mon, February 20th, 2012, 08:30 PM   #11
Jackw72

Stats: 5" 11', 23-24% BF, Max Rep: Bench 90kg Squat 150kg Shoudler press 70kg Deadlift 150kg

Weight will take a while to come off, especially if you are gaining muscle and getting rid of fat which by the amount of exercise you do, you most likely are. It will take a good couple of weeks before it is noticeable.

I don't like going against Mastover (as he seems to know what he's talking about ) but I would lower the carbs and just eat them around the exercise you are doing. Like yourself Carbs are my worst enemy and seem to stick to me like glue despite the amount of exercise I was doing. I find now that doing less is best as the beginning. The body is like a learning machine, it takes short cuts and adapts very quickly. Stupid Body...

Meal 1 - Peanut Butter and Bagel, you could just replace that with a shake and a piece of fruit.

You could probably combine Meal 1 + 2!

Meal 3 is good.

Meal 4 is good.

Meal 5 which I assume is Pre workout, you could add some faster acting carbs as well as the rice.

Meal 6 I would have a few carbs as well to aid recovery.

Meal 7 IST GUT JA.

There are a lot of meals there, if you are in a rush it would be easy to forget/skip one or two. Have you considered consolidating them into 4 or 5?

Just thoughts.

Jack

Old Sun, February 26th, 2012, 09:47 AM   #12
gym-freak

so having most of my carbs in breakfast, pre and post work out. only done 2 mma sessions and 2 gym sessions. and im still the same weight! kept my calories in check. very annoying!

Old Sun, February 26th, 2012, 06:12 PM   #13
Jackw72

Stats: 5" 11', 23-24% BF, Max Rep: Bench 90kg Squat 150kg Shoudler press 70kg Deadlift 150kg

Keep it going until the beginning of next week. If no change by Mon/Tues then drop your calories by 200 and see how that goes.

Old Sun, February 26th, 2012, 08:29 PM   #14
gym-freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackw72 View Post
Keep it going until the beginning of next week. If no change by Mon/Tues then drop your calories by 200 and see how that goes.
for the past half year, ive been very inconsistent with my training and my diet, as in some days i would eat hardly anything and some days id eat alot, and gym/cardio very inconsistent, and i was stuck at the weight i am in that time, isit possible my metabolism has slown right down because of this? thanks

Old Mon, February 27th, 2012, 05:51 AM   #15
Jackw72

Yes that would be a very reasonable explanation. Consistency is the key and you will need to get consistent to achieve anything

It shouldn't be too difficult to keep consistency if you have specific times for exercise, it means just getting the meals right.

Like I suggested earlier if you are struggling to keep consistency cut down the amount of meals you are eating. to 4 or 5 say instead of like 7 or 8. Less chance of error.