Please Support Our Sponsors and Advertisers!
JSF Amazon Mall
AtLarge Nutrition Results
John Stone Fitness
Brick City Bicycles

Go Back   John Stone Fitness Forums > Other Forums > Fitness Journals

Fitness Journals Chronicle your progress, or just see how others are doing.

Jeremy's Journal - Victory and Progress
Old Sat, December 18th, 2010, 03:27 AM   #1
jeremy155rr

Sex: Male
Stats: 5'7" 151.4lbs - Cutting
Default Jeremy's Journal - Victory and Progress

Here goes...

Height: 5'7"

9-10-2010 – 230lbs (most I’ve ever seen on a scale)

Doctor told me my triglycerides were off the charts (400-500), I had a fatty liver, and my overall cholesterol was high. Due to the fact that heart disease runs rampant in my family I plan on staying the course for the long haul.

1999 – High school graduation – was around 215lb *at least I was at some time during senior year, probably 175-180ish at graduation

1999 – 2000 – First year of college – got down to an incredibly low 145lb

2000 – 2003 – Weight bounced around from 150ish up to around 175lb at times (felt very healthy and looked great).

From 1999-2003 I was the definition of a gym rat.

2003-2004 slowly but steadily gained eventually maxing out around 200lbs

2004-2010 was a viscous cycle of yo-yo dieting and ranged 175-200lbs

Fast forward to 2010, I lost my job and was at home for 6 months and eventually got up close to 230lbs

9-10-2010 – 230lbs (most I’ve ever seen on a scale)

11-23-2010 – 189lbs (I’m getting there)

I’m probably not eating enough, but I feel pretty good. I’m not counting calories this go around, I know I should but it’s just not going to happen right now. I work 12hr shifts and have two babies at home and a wife that works full time… I know, excuses, excuses. *edit - I actually am counting calories! I’m not going to the gym at all, my new job put me going in the opposite direction of any gyms and my current contract isn’t up for a while for me to switch to one that would be more feasible. I’m going to start going 1-2 days a week in a few months though after I’m done with a P90X cycle that I just bought (fingers crossed on this one). After reading some reviews I may take out the cardio kenpo dvd and just do some spinning instead. I’ve also purchased a new spinning bike, I’ve been road cycling and am going to get the mountain bike out again soon as well. The weight loss I’ve seen so far has been due to diet, and an exercise bike for a minimum of 20min a day.

The goal right now is 160lbs – then I will evaluate

Other goals include: participate in as many races (triathlon types, xc mtb, etc…) finish, and finish well this upcoming season – beginning in March more than likely.

Entry 11-29-2010:
Thanksgiving was a killer, I did very well on Thanksgiving day, but the Friday, Saturday, and Sunday after were wretched. Over ate, cared nothing about what I ate, including sweets! I did not work out at all. I have confidence I will turn this around though. Today is Monday and I’m going to kill it this week to counteract that Thanksgiving fiasco. Calories will be watched very closely!

CURRENT ROUTINE AND START DATE: P90X and SPINNING - 12-03-2010
Weight 12-01-2010: 190
P90X – APPROX 1 HOUR A DAY (FOLLOWING PROGRAM)

12-03-2010: 188.5lbs
Got started on P90X today, it’s tough, but no more or less than I thought it would be. Felt like throwing up at a few points but held my composure. Not feeling it later in the day though, feel like doing some spinning to get a good sweat going before I hit the sack. I’m sure I’ll be sore tomorrow though. Ab Ripper X, forget about it, I can’t do half the exercises on there, not sure if it’s because of my back or if my abs are just that pathetic. Feeling fat as crap right now, not sure why, may have had around 1500 calories or so, nothing bad. I’m keeping track somewhat of what I’m eating in hardcopy form.

12-05-2010: 186.2
Did shoulders and arms workout today followed by Ab Ripper X. Was able to do more of the ab workout today but still not nearly enough. My lower back just digs in the ground so hard. Oh, did plyometrics yesterday, wasn’t as hard as I’d heard. Guess different people have harder times doing certain things. Yoga X will be in the morning 12/6 when I get home from work. Then when I wake up I’ll hopefully do some spinning.

12-08-2010
Didn’t weigh today but hit 183.6lbs (couple days ago). So, workouts still going well, kenpo x definitely does not do it for me, spinning will take its place.

12-12-2010 – Didn’t weigh today but have been hovering above and below 183 all week (saw 182 once!)
Workouts have been going well, missed a Ab Ripper X last week sometime but I made it up. Today was horrible, woke up with the worst feeling ever. Felt like I had the flu, had the shakes and was sore all over, its either a virus or I was just exhausted and didn’t get enough sleep anyways. Did my shoulders and arms workout (with wussy weights on everything) and did not do my Ab Ripper X vid again. Guess I’ll make it up tomorrow night before my cardio. Hard to stay motivated during the holiday season. Haven’t been able to eat anything today, calories are going to be extremely low, I did cheat and eat some Pringles though, dang those are good

12-14-2010 – 182.2 (P90X day 12)
Workouts still going strong, managed to do shoulders and arms workout with a stomach virus (that ended badly). I did make up my ab workout though, and can actually make it through the whole routine now, albeit without the three hundred some odd rep count, but close. Hard to come by motivation during the holidays, probably need to start eating more but dang its hard to do when you’re writing all of it down. When I hit the 170’s it will be the lightest I’ve been since probably 2003-04. I’m already starting to worry about loose skin….blah. Can’t wait till my 30 day progress pics – few more weeks!!!

12-18-2010: 181.6
All signs point to me being ready for the first race, which is a duathlon -run, bike, run. Sprint distances of course. Looking forward to the offroad triathlons more so... need a new road bike Workouts going well, noticing some strength increases and some more definition. Will go back this evening and post a 'before pic' that was taken 12-01-2010 at 190lbs.
Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever. - Lance Armstrong
Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.
DEFINITION: Tri•ath'•lon
Large amounts of pain and agony linked together over varying distances

JOURNAL|My Daily Mile|FACEBOOK|TSoM|TnTriFit

Last edited by jeremy155rr; Sat, April 16th, 2011 at 02:43 AM..

Old Sat, December 18th, 2010, 03:40 AM   #2
jeremy155rr

Oh, and HI btw, been a while, hope everyone is well and has a Merry Christmas! I'm sure there are tons of new members and hopefully plenty of the old heads are still around as well!
Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever. - Lance Armstrong
Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.

Old Sat, December 18th, 2010, 05:05 PM   #3
jeremy155rr

Before weight gain pic 165-170

220-230 pic - best (worst) I could find!

12-01-2010 pics - P90X before pic - 190lbs

30 day progress pics coming 01-01-2011!!!

Last edited by jeremy155rr; Tue, March 1st, 2011 at 04:47 AM..

Old Sun, December 19th, 2010, 05:01 AM   #4
jeremy155rr

Not supposed to post anymore until 30 day progress pics but I was bored yesterday and took this crappy cell phone pic. Probably 180ish.

Last edited by jeremy155rr; Tue, March 1st, 2011 at 04:47 AM..

Old Sun, December 19th, 2010, 05:28 PM   #5
jeremy155rr

12-19-2010
Weighed in at 180.0 this morning, making it entirely possible for me to meet my mini-goal of being 175lbs by the 30 day progress deadline. Had a super pumped arm workout this morning increasing wt/reps on just about everything, very happy with how well I seem to be responding to this workout.

Old Mon, December 20th, 2010, 05:23 PM   #6
jeremy155rr

Old Wed, December 22nd, 2010, 12:48 AM   #7
jeremy155rr

Quick word about protein powder, i've used a plethora of 'em. MRI PRO NOS has been a fave for the last little while but it is pricey. I ordered some ON against my better judgement but was pleasantly suprised by the mocha cappuccino flavor. I was snooping through the pantry when I realized I had some splenda... ON Mocha Cappuccino w/ 1 packet of splenda = money

Old Thu, December 23rd, 2010, 06:47 AM   #8
jeremy155rr

Old Thu, December 23rd, 2010, 12:35 PM   #9
imelda

Sex: Female
Stats: 5'8", 147 lb., 21% b.f.

Hey, jeremy, liked your progress pic! Your upper body looks like it's really starting to take shape! Goal of 175 definitely looks doable!

Old Thu, December 23rd, 2010, 12:40 PM   #10
jeremy155rr

Thank You!

Old Thu, December 23rd, 2010, 12:58 PM   #11
Whoracle

Stats: 6' 215 lbs. Cutting

Looking good man keep it up

Fitocracy: http://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Ninja82/

Myfitnesspal is ninjaMJD. Add me, I need active friends

Old Thu, December 23rd, 2010, 10:55 PM   #12
jeremy155rr

First day over 2k calories, feels crappy...

Old Thu, December 23rd, 2010, 10:56 PM   #13
jeremy155rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoracle View Post
Looking good man keep it up
thank you!

Old Sat, December 25th, 2010, 10:04 AM   #14
jeremy155rr

Merry Christmas! 178.4 today, very surprising!

Old Sun, December 26th, 2010, 01:04 PM   #15
jeremy155rr

If I can make it through today and my extended families enormous potluck Christmas party I'll be one happy dude. Next month I'll shoot for ten pounds or so, I didn't even think about how many pounds my last mini goal was. I know I'll make it but when I think about it 3lb isn't very feasible for a 7 day period. I was 178.4 yesterday so I'll call it 3 pounds left to go. I'm not going to be naive and shoot for 15 pounds in 30 days again, cause thats bound to slow down eventually.

Old Mon, December 27th, 2010, 06:31 PM   #16
jeremy155rr

Okay, i'm bored again, not quite 30 days and not quite 175lbs (don't think, I refuse to weigh myself).

Last edited by jeremy155rr; Tue, March 1st, 2011 at 04:48 AM..

Old Mon, December 27th, 2010, 06:39 PM   #17
jeremy155rr

^that kinda sucks... picture wise, oh well, something else for me to look at

Old Tue, December 28th, 2010, 03:11 PM   #18
jeremy155rr

Old Tue, December 28th, 2010, 11:31 PM   #19
jeremy155rr

Anybody else ever take multiple meals to their 12hr shift job and end up eating all of it in one sitting as opposed to every few hours??? I'm such a glutton! I swap day to nights every three days (3on,3off switch) and the first night always screws with me...

Old Wed, December 29th, 2010, 06:46 PM   #20
jeremy155rr

Last edited by jeremy155rr; Tue, March 1st, 2011 at 04:48 AM..