Please Support Our Sponsors and Advertisers!
JSF Amazon Mall
AtLarge Nutrition Results
John Stone Fitness
Brick City Bicycles

Go Back   John Stone Fitness Forums > Participatory Sports, General Health & Injuries > Female Health & Fitness

Female Health & Fitness General health and fitness topics specific to women.

Has anyone actually firmed up sagging breasts through exercise?
Old Tue, April 13th, 2010, 03:17 PM   #1
rootinator

Sex: Male
Default Has anyone actually firmed up sagging breasts through exercise?

I'm currently in good physical shape, young (under 22), and have never been overweight. Despite this, my breasts are prematurely sagging. I'm only a C cup.

Is it possible for me to firm them up through upper body exercise? Has anyone ever done this? If so, are there any specific exercises you'd recommend?

Thanks!

Old Tue, April 13th, 2010, 04:14 PM   #2
frances92307

Sex: Female
Stats: 5'2" 110 lbs 22% BF 36-25-34

Unfortunately chest exercises will not firm up the actual breast itself. It will improve how they lay on your chest wall, but it will do nothing for the skin itself. It sounds like you're experiencing a loss of volume. The breast itself is primarily fat and glandular tissue. As you lean out your body, you will lose fat in your breast area as well. Sucks I know. This is probably what is contributing to the saggy appearance....not really saggy but more deflated.

Old Mon, April 19th, 2010, 04:47 AM   #3
KoNcEpT61

my gf lost 25lbs and she really noticed that her breasts got smaller... they are made up of mostly fat, so they may reduce in size and kind of firm up, but i think that the only way to really firm them would be surgery
Overhead Press: 150

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

Old Thu, April 29th, 2010, 08:16 PM   #4
SweetPea

Stats: Mother of two handsome guys..7 and 2 years old. Working hard at my first competition July 10, 2010.

The better in shape you become the saggier they become...or at least that is my experience...I am not unhappy with mine...but they aren't as perky as when I had more fat up top

Old Fri, April 30th, 2010, 08:39 PM   #5
KoNcEpT61

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPea View Post
The better in shape you become the saggier they become...or at least that is my experience...I am not unhappy with mine...but they aren't as perky as when I had more fat up top
I always thought it'd be the opposite, since the breast is made up of a large percentage of fat
Overhead Press: 150

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

Old Fri, May 7th, 2010, 04:37 PM   #6
Kristen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoNcEpT61 View Post
I always thought it'd be the opposite, since the breast is made up of a large percentage of fat
It depends on how elastic your skin is. . . imagine a deflated balloon.

To the original poster: working your pecs can give you the illusion of perkier girls, but won't actually firm up your breast tissue. Still, it's worth a try!

Old Wed, May 12th, 2010, 05:31 PM   #7
bbgurl21

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootinator View Post
Is it possible for me to firm them up through upper body exercise? Has anyone ever done this? If so, are there any specific exercises you'd recommend?

Thanks!

I've been blessed with "ample" genes. After I stopped nursing my 2nd child, however, I went from a D to a B. I was almost as disappointed in my "deflated" appearance as my husband was. I believed everything I'd ever heard about breasts being simply fat tissue and there's nothing you can do about it.

Then, I began working out. Nothing elaborate or anything, just my usual pre-baby routines. Much to my surprise ("shock" is more appropriate) I not only regained a full cup size (back to my pre-baby C) but I filled out! No more "deflated balloon" look!

Breasts are MOSTLY fat. There is MUSCLE beneath the mammary ducts and fatty tissue. When I built up that muscle (pectoralis major) it increased the size of the muscle, which pushed outward the fatty breast tissue against the skin, making the entire breast fuller and "perkier".

So, to answer your question: YES!! It's entirely possible!! Here are the simple exercises I used in respect to the pectoralis major (and minor) muscles:
Dumb Bell Bench Press (PMajor, some PMinor)
Dumb Bell Flyes (PMinor, some PMajor)
That's it!! That's the only chest exercises I did!

Here's the routine (substitute your own weights)
BP: 12 reps x 20lbs each, rest 1 min
10 reps x 25 lbs each, rest 1 min
8 reps x 30 lbs each, rest 1 min
6 reps x 35 lbs each, rest 1 min
then do flyes
Flyes: 12 reps x 20 lbs each, no rest
12 resps (or to failure) x 15 lbs each

I did this routine 1-2 x week with my regular workouts. Hope this helps!!

"No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it."
"I had everything figured out - my whole life - and then I regained consciousness."

Old Fri, June 4th, 2010, 05:05 PM   #8
jeremykid

I've read an article and says to do palm pressing - Kneel down and press your palms in 'Namaskar' (Indian greeting) pose in the center of chest so that the tissues around the breasts are under full pressure. Or you can try this one, spread both hands and place palms on a wall in front of you. Press your palms and you will feel pressure on your veins and tissues and they will stretch.

If this one doesn't work for you, maybe you'll need the help of a surgeon.

Old Fri, June 4th, 2010, 05:31 PM   #9
mastover

Stats: Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremykid View Post
I've read an article and says to do palm pressing - Kneel down and press your palms in 'Namaskar' (Indian greeting) pose in the center of chest so that the tissues around the breasts are under full pressure. Or you can try this one, spread both hands and place palms on a wall in front of you. Press your palms and you will feel pressure on your veins and tissues and they will stretch.

If this one doesn't work for you, maybe you'll need the help of a surgeon.
Can you link me to the mental moron who wrote this article?

Old Sun, January 30th, 2011, 10:34 PM   #10
louisa87

I too would be interested in this 'miracle' workout, but dear I don't know if you're gonna find one. I haven't yet. Might just be one thing you gotta love for what it is.