Please Support Our Sponsors and Advertisers!
JSF Amazon Mall
AtLarge Nutrition Results
John Stone Fitness
Brick City Bicycles

Go Back   John Stone Fitness Forums > Other Forums > Media Gallery

Media Gallery Post pictures and videos of your progress, before/after shots, your gym equipment, your family -- whatever!

Huge difference abs flexed/relaxed
Old Sat, September 27th, 2008, 12:55 PM   #1
Ark

Sex: Male
Default Huge difference abs flexed/relaxed

Hi guys.

Have a look at these 2 pics of me. In the first one, I am flexing only my abs, in the second one, they are totally relaxed. You can tell there is pretty much a difference, and one question pops out: is this the way many people with breathtaking abs pose in the pics ? There is 1 month between the two.

Anyway, by the way I look in the 2nd, I maybe I have high % bodyfat around my stomach, or am I incorrect? I do workout every week, and do cardio 2 o 3 times a week.

Thank you.
Attached Images

Last edited by Ark; Sat, September 27th, 2008 at 01:48 PM.. Reason: attach files

Old Sat, September 27th, 2008, 06:50 PM   #2
modmaven

Sex: Female
Stats: 5' 8" and that's all I'm saying

In general you seem to be a little leaner in the first picture than in the second, but I would guess that people pose for those fabulous ab photos -- just as you did in your fabulous ab photo. Is there a difference in weight or fat% between these two photos? Could you have managed to get that definition in month 2?

April 2014: Keep tracking and lifting and look on the bright side of everything.

Old Sat, September 27th, 2008, 08:14 PM   #3
Ark

I dont think there is any difference bf% between the two pics, difference only deals with the pose in the first one, almost sure.

Old Sat, September 27th, 2008, 09:14 PM   #4
ethan

Stats: 5'11" 170 lb 15% Goal: bf 10% weight 160

Making a short video of you flexing the abs and going back would be helpful.

Old Sun, September 28th, 2008, 01:29 AM   #5
Big_D

Stats: 6'1, one cheeseburger short of 300lb

My abs do the same thing, but I'm not quite as lean as you. You do look more tan less hairy and leaner in the second one though.

Old Sun, September 28th, 2008, 04:40 AM   #6
CuTe PoIsOn

Hi ark great abs man, In exception to general lifting, which exercises do you do for your abs. Also I would put you at +/- 0.5% of 7%

Old Sun, September 28th, 2008, 05:09 PM   #7
1FastGTX

Stats: 5'8|220lbs|95.2%bf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark View Post
...is this the way many people with breathtaking abs pose in the pics ?
Sorry, I'm a little confused. Are you actually asking if models and bodybuilders - or even regular folks - flex their abs when someone takes their pictures? I kind of figured this was an obvious "yes!"

Regardless, your abs look great!

-Vince Gironda

Old Sun, September 28th, 2008, 06:02 PM   #8
Roibus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastGTX View Post
Sorry, I'm a little confused. Are you actually asking if models and bodybuilders - or even regular folks - flex their abs when someone takes their pictures? I kind of figured this was an obvious "yes!"
Not so obvious I think. Many people go for having the "flexed" look completely relaxed, which is quite difficult to achieve

Old Mon, September 29th, 2008, 09:22 AM   #9
Ark

Quote:
Originally Posted by khris107 View Post
Hi ark great abs man, In exception to general lifting, which exercises do you do for your abs. Also I would put you at +/- 0.5% of 7%
Thanks, I did this routine, which is meant to be done in a 16 weeks period time or less. You donīt want to do it more than that, because is a killer one. Lately, Iīve been doing this one, (search for parts 2 and 3) combining it with other abs excersises. I usually do abs super-series, but I dont know wheter they are more effective than regular series or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastGTX View Post
I appreciate it. Yes, I was asking that because I dont know how models take their pics, since Iīve never been in a photoshoot or something.

Old Mon, September 29th, 2008, 03:46 PM   #10
CuTe PoIsOn

Quote:
Thanks, I did this routine, which is meant to be done in a 16 weeks period time or less. You donīt want to do it more than that, because is a killer one. Lately, Iīve been doing this one, (search for parts 2 and 3) combining it with other abs excersises. I usually do abs super-series, but I dont know wheter they are more effective than regular series or not.

I appreciate it. Yes, I was asking that because I dont know how models take their pics, since Iīve never been in a photoshoot or something.
Thanks man I like your second link with that natural bodybuilder guy, Ive seen his videos before theyre good. I like the knees up's on a beach but my lower back/butt always seems to ache after doing 5-10 reps.

Old Tue, September 30th, 2008, 04:09 PM   #11
KT Monahan

Stats: 5'11" - 200 lbs - @23+% BF

I actually came across a photo shoot one day and there was a make up artist putting make up on the model's abs to give it a shadow or something. In any event, it made the abs look more pronounced than they were.

Old Tue, September 30th, 2008, 08:03 PM   #12
Doubleoqueso

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT Monahan View Post
I actually came across a photo shoot one day and there was a make up artist putting make up on the model's abs to give it a shadow or something. In any event, it made the abs look more pronounced than they were.
That's just the beginning... You probably didn't stick around long enough to see the ridiculous amount of photoshopping that occurs after the picture is taken.

Old Wed, October 1st, 2008, 07:04 AM   #13
Ark

Interesting that you mentioned photoshop, since Iīve been "accused" of photoshopping the pic, which of course Í didnīt.

Old Wed, October 1st, 2008, 08:57 AM   #14
M@

Stats: 6'3" 218 lbs 38" waist

Quote:
Interesting that you mentioned photoshop, since Iīve been "accused" of photoshopping the pic, which of course Í didnīt.
I can see why: your head looks incredibly small in the left picture. How tall are you and what size hat do you wear? Any idea?

I don't think it'd matter if they were digitally retouched, anyway. You're fit and looking great in both shots.
M@ | After receiving our free video and literature, only 3 out of 10 people both view the video and read our literature. Those who fail to watch the video and read the literature are not very likely to purchase a ROM. It takes a small amount of discipline to both watch the video and thoroughly read the literature. ~ $15,000 Exercise Machine Marketing Crazy

Old Wed, October 1st, 2008, 11:37 AM   #15
Ark

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@ View Post
I can see why: your head looks incredibly small in the left picture. How tall are you and what size hat do you wear? Any idea?
Yes iīve been told that. Iīm 1,70 metres tall, no idea about the hat, I usually donīt wear it.

Old Wed, October 1st, 2008, 11:44 AM   #16
Sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubleoqueso View Post
That's just the beginning... You probably didn't stick around long enough to see the ridiculous amount of photoshopping that occurs after the picture is taken.
I watched Bigger Stronger Faster and the part where he goes to a photoshoot to talk to one model and how they retouched his own photos in like 15 minutes made me laugh

Oh and during the shoot itself camera guy was like "flex your abs!"