Please Support Our Sponsors and Advertisers!
JSF Amazon Mall
AtLarge Nutrition Results
John Stone Fitness
Brick City Bicycles

Go Back   John Stone Fitness Forums > Other Forums > Fitness Journals

Fitness Journals Chronicle your progress, or just see how others are doing.

Old Sat, March 18th, 2006, 02:41 PM   #21
Shamie

Sex: Male
Stats: height: 5'10; weight: goal: 165

day 17/31. Friday - calories: 2,750. workout: 30 minutes arctrainer, 30 minutes running. mtd workouts: 13/17. For my weighin, I was 204, which was a pound less than last week. I was a bit disappointed, but then I read my food journals, an ate an average of 3,220 calories a day. That was a wakeup call, and I will need to cut down, in order to get to 200 by the end of the month. I would like to lose 2 pounds each week for the rest of the month. So far for March I have averaged 3,000 a day. I actually woke up this morning, thinking I might make today a rest day, but then after I weighed myself, it gave me the incentive to go to the gym. Realistically though, losing 1 pound eating 3,220 a day is not bad, but had I just cut down to 2,700 a day, I could have lost 2 pounds for the week, and made my goal.

Old Mon, March 20th, 2006, 09:08 AM   #22
Shamie

day 18/31. Saturday: 3,630 calories. workout: lower body weights, 30 minutes arctrainer; 30 minutes running. mtd workouts: 14/18. Ate alot, but again no junk. I finished the last of the diet soda, so now I am off soda again. I think I will have to lose more weight than I thought. The tanita scale shows that I am 16% fat, but I think that is too low, since I still have a fat stomach. I was hoping to be 185 at my current muscle level, but I might have to go down to 170, in order to get this fat off my stomach. After Sunday, I am going to eat "to the book" the rest of the week.

Old Mon, March 20th, 2006, 09:21 AM   #23
Shamie

day 19/'31. Sunday: calories 7,200. workout: upper body lifting; 30 minutes concept 2 rower; 30 minutes running. For the longest time, I stopped using the rowing machine, but after using again recently, I really like it. I changed my cardio alittle, while I do 30 minutes of running everyday, for the other 30 minutes, I started alternating machines, stairmaster; ellyptical, arctrainer; rowing machine, stationary bike and running for a full 60 minutes). Last night I went to a family celebration at a buffet resturant, and probably this will be the most I ate for the rest of the year, apart from Thanksgiving. It is just a guestimate, but even though I ate alot, I did try to eat mostly protein, apart from the desserts. I am not sorry I ate it, I enjoyed this food, and just consider it a cheat day. As I said the day before, I am going to eat "to the book" the rest of the week, and still hope to lose 2 pounds this week, by eating lite the rest of the week, and going to the gym every day, apart from today (Mon), which is my rest day for the week.

Last edited by Shamie; Mon, March 20th, 2006 at 05:13 PM..

Old Tue, March 21st, 2006, 08:20 AM   #24
Shamie

day 20/31. Monday calories: 1,990. workout: rest day. mtd workouts: 15/20. Intentionally tired to eat lite yesterday, to compensate somewhat for Sunday. Went to the gym this morning, where I did one hour of cardio. Even woke up before alarm clock today. Working out in the morning helps me alot with dealing with the stess of my job. When I worked out at night, sometimes I would have to drop off at a Starbucks, to have some coffee to give me the energy to exercise, and sometimes I would have to sit there to convince myself to go.

Old Wed, March 22nd, 2006, 08:41 AM   #25
Shamie

day 21/31. Tuesday: calories 3,130. workout: 30 minutes stairmaster; 30 minutes running. mtd workouts: 16/21. Today again woke up before alarm clock, and this time I had more time, since I decided to skip breakfast, and try cardio on an empty stomach. Yet I couldn't get out of bed, letting negative thoughts enter my mind, how I am too tired to go, and even if I miss today, I can still get in 5 days this week if I go tomorrow and Friday. Yet, since I ate about 500 extra calories yesterday, off to the gym I went, where I did an hour of cardio. I didn't notice any difference in my workout level without food. I might try just coffee before the workout for awhile. Assuming I need to get to 170 to see some kind of a 6 pack, I am 60% there now. I would need to lose another 33 pounds. 83 pounds used to seem overwhelming, impossible at the time. But now losing another 33 pounds seems achievable, it seems within reach. I have a good plan now, I just have to stick to it. I think I will post some photo's if I reach my 50 pound loss on Saturday, if I can figure out how to black out my face.

Old Thu, March 23rd, 2006, 08:45 AM   #26
Shamie

day 22/31. Weds calories: 2,850. workout: 30 minutes elliptical; 30 minutes running. mtd workouts: 17/22. Didn't work out this morning, woke up at 3:00, went back to bed, and next thing I knew, it was too late. So, I will go tonight, and do no cardio, just upper body weights (well maybe 30 minutes of cardio). I actually was pretty beat this morning, so I was not too upset at myself. Calories were pretty good yesterday, today will be higher, since I am having a cliff bar before working out tonight (or would be too hungry to workout), and Endurox R4 drink after, endurathon while working out, that totals 580. I am getting alittle anxious about my weighin on Saturday, I was tempted today to weigh myself, but didn't.

Old Fri, March 24th, 2006, 08:33 AM   #27
Shamie

day 23/31. Thursday - calories 2,890. workout: rest day. mtd workouts: 17/23. Didn't workout last night as I orginally planned. I started to think, if I workout last night, I probably won't be able to workout this morning, and don't want to get into the situation I was in working out at night all the time. I did workout this morning, running 6.60 miles on a treadmill in 1 hour. I should be able to make 24 days working out this month, which I am satisfied with. I do too much cardio though, and not enough weights, but I consider myself a runner, not a bodybuilder, but I am going to cut down on cardio alittle when I get to about 190, and add more weights then. I do lift upper and lower one time a week, at the moment I am trying to maintain my muscles that I have. I think my weight loss tomorrow is looking good, since all of a sudden my waist feels loose on my pants. Have a great weekend.

Old Sun, March 26th, 2006, 01:19 PM   #28
Shamie

day 24/31. Friday calories: 2,900. workout: 1 hour on treadmill. mtd workouts: 24/31.

Old Sun, March 26th, 2006, 01:30 PM   #29
Shamie

day 25/31. Saturday: calories: 2,440. workout: 30 minutes arctrainer; 30 minutes treadmill; lower body workout. mtd workouts: 18/25. For my weighin, I was alittle disappointed. I weighed 203.50, which was a 1/2 pound loss for the week, just short of me having the 50 pound loss. Then I read my thread for the last week, and I was pretty stupid to think I would be losing 2 pounds, when I ate an average of 3,500 calories during the week, and worked out 5 times instead of 6. When I read my thread for the last week, I mentioned I would follow my diet "to the book". I didn't do that. I was actually lucky I lost 1/2 pound, I probably should have gained a pound. This week, I am going to be tough with myself. I am going to have a maximum of 2,500 a day (if you call that tough) for the rest of the month, as I did on Saturday. If I eat 2,500 a day, for the month I will average 3,000 a day, a big improvement over February, when I ate over 4,000 a day. I think I might workout everday this week, and start taking off a weekend day as I had planned. I might lift lower body during the week, and continue doing my upper body on the weekend. Assuming I can lose 1/2 pound at eating 3,500 a day, at 2,500 I should be losing 2.50 pounds this week, which would bring me to 201. This is a test for this week, and I am going to see how it works. I did my upper body workout this morning, along with 1 hour of cardio. I am at the library now, getting ready to do my tax return on turbotax. I don't have internet at home, and don't want to do my taxes at work. Have a great rest of the weekend.

Last edited by Shamie; Mon, March 27th, 2006 at 06:04 PM..

Old Mon, March 27th, 2006, 09:12 AM   #30
Shamie

day 26/31. Sunday calories: 2,400. workout: upper body lifting, 30 minutes rower; 30 miinutes treadmill. mtd workouts: 19/26. I worked out this morning, usually I take off on Monday, but am changing my rest day to Sunday this week. I have surprising got good control of my diet, and at the same time, my workouts have been excellent (the earth, moon and sun must be in alignment). I am determined to be under 202 or less next Saturday, and to have my calories average at 3,000 or under for the month of March. It wasn't too hard to eat this lower amount for me, which surprised me, since usually on a weekend I eat more. I need to formulate my diet better, my protein was much too low on Sunday, like 80 grams, but as I said, I didn't want to eat over 2,500, so need to cut some carbs, since fat is pretty low already. The problem there is I do alot of cardo, and I need alot of carbs. But I don't want my protein under 150 grams a day. I was looking back at what I wrote a few days ago, and now I think that 170 (5'11") would be too low for my body build, assuming that I am 16% now (203), to get to 9%I would have to lose 7% of my body fat, which would be roughly 15 pounds, which would bring me to 188, assuming I would lose 5 pounds of muscle getting there, I would need to get to about 183. Of course I would have to see when I got there, but right now that is what I am shooting for. A 20 pound loss from where I was on Saturday.

Last edited by Shamie; Wed, March 29th, 2006 at 09:14 AM..

Old Tue, March 28th, 2006, 08:42 AM   #31
Shamie

day 27/31. Monday calories: 2,580. workout: 30 minutes elliptical; 30 minutes running. mtd workouts: 20/27. I woke up at 4:00 really hungry, and ate my cereal. I was debating should I take a rest day today, since at the time I felt beat. But since I want to take no chances about getting to 202 this Saturday, and under 200 by my birthday on 4/17, I went to gym at 5:20, got there about 5:35, and started my workout by 5:40. I thougjht I was tired, but once I started working out, I felt great. My running really has improved, and I am looking forward to running in a 10K this Sunday, to see my improvement in action. I weigh myself, take measurements, and take photo's each Saturday morning. It is a good thing too. Because, even though I have been lifting, and I can see the poundage that I lift has steadily (but slowly) increased, and I lost 50 pounds, looking at myself, I never would remember how fat I was, and would not have stayed on this program, because I would not be able to see the progress I have made.

Old Wed, March 29th, 2006, 09:14 AM   #32
Shamie

day 28/31. Tuesday calories: 2,505. workout: 30 minutes arc trainer; 30 minutes running. mtd workouts: 21/28. Last night my left leg felt a twinge of pain, and while I planned on taking a day off on Sunday, I decided to make today a rest day instead. Sunday I am running in a 10K, so running in a 10K is not exactly taking the day off. Calories have been good, just 2 more days after today of 2,500, and then I am going to move to 2,700 for April.

Old Thu, March 30th, 2006, 08:17 AM   #33
Shamie

day 29/31. Weds - calories 2,375. workout: rest day. mtd workouts: 22/29. I think my calories were 2,375, but they might have been 2,475, either way it is excellent for me. Went to the gym this morning, 30 minutes stairmaster; 30 minutes running. Since I leave so early to workout during the week, I didn't have time to make coffee, and it was too early to buy coffee here. I bought a container of instant Taster Choice coffee this week, and have been having it before I leave in the morning, I heat up some water in the microwave, and the caffeine (I think) improves my workout. It testes pretty good too. I am looking forward to weighing myself on Saturday, to see if this lower calorie diet has made me take off a few pouinds. If you have read this thread, I think I mentioned that I bought way too much food (a hoarder),and through last year and this year, I have pretty much stopped buying so much food, and am finishing all of the food that I had previously bought. Much of it was food that I would no longer buy, since they don't fit into my nutrition plan. I am about 95% done, and to accomplish this, I try to focus on a few foods that each month, and go try to finish them. For instance, in March, I focused on finishing canned chili, canned peaches, and diet soda. I am done with the first 2, and will be done with the diet soda by tomorrow. I had finished the diet soda earlier in the month, but then bought more. For April, I am going to finish my supply of triscuits, cheddar chesse, and raisans. Most of these foods no longer fit into my plan, and will not be buying them again, but some I will have, but I will never buy in the quantities that I had bought. In addtion, I am continuing to have cold cereal, I have I think about 12 boxes left, when that is gone going to have oatmeal. I am trying to weed out some of the foods that I had been eating, and replacing them with better foods.

Old Fri, March 31st, 2006, 09:00 AM   #34
Shamie

day 30/31. Thursday calories: 2,450. Workout: 30 minutes stairmaster; 30 minutes running. mtd workouts: 23/30. I had a great workout this morning - running 60 minutes, I almost made 7 miles. March was an excellent month for me. I made 24 days working out this month, and 93,000 calories, 3,000 per day (assuming I eat to plan tonight). Which is a big improvement for me, since last month worked out 16 times (was a shorter month), but ate over 4,000 a day. I got my calorie average down from just under 4,200 for the first 2 months of the year, to alittle under 3,800 for the 3 month period depending on what I eat tonight. I almost weighed myself at the gym today, walking back from the showers. They have a doctor's type scale, which is pretty accurate. But I didn't want to get a good number today, and be disappointed with my "offical" weight tomorrow. April has one less day, I am planning for 2,700 calories a day, which is 81,000 calories, about 12,000 less than March. One change that I have made in my nutrition program is with carbs. Before, during and after working out is when carbs are needed. When I am sitting at my desk at work, or watching TV, that is not the time to have carbs. So for me, it is about timing. Since I have been using carbs this way, I haven't had any desire (strong desire) to binge, like eat a bag of potatoe chips etc. Have a great weekend.

Old Sat, April 1st, 2006, 12:28 PM   #35
Shamie

day 31/31. Friday calories: 2,510. workout: 60 minutes running. March workouts: 24/31. My weighin this week was a total success, better than I expected. I had hoped to get to 201, but my weight was exactly 200 (a 53 pound loss from my start 9/18/04). My waist went down one inch from last week, where it had been stuck at the same place for a long time. I hope (like everyone else) that it will continue to come off from my stomach. So far, my skin is pretty good, no extra skin (apart from under my chin), but I think that may change once I lose more weight on my stomach. For the extra skin under my chin, I think when the summer is over, I will grow a beard to hide that. Who would have thought, that I would weigh less than John Stone. Of course, as he said in his update today, the scale doesn't tell too much. He probably has 15-20 pounds of muscle more than me. The plan for April, is to get down to 193, a loss of 7 pounds. For this weeks measurements, apart from my waist, everything but my calfs decreased. It is disappointing to see you chest size decrease, but if I am losing fat from my chest, that is a good thing. I lifted upper body today, and there was no loss in my lifting weights, in fact a small improvement, so I don't think I am losing much if any muscle. Tomorrow is my 10K, have a great weekend.

Old Mon, April 3rd, 2006, 01:03 PM   #36
Shamie

day 1/30. Saturday. Calories: 3,200. workout: upper body lifting, 30 minutes rowing, 30 minutes treadmill. mtd workouts: 1/1. I thought I might try keeping my calories at an average of 2,700 for the month, but for each week, Mon to Fri have 2,500, and Sat & Sun have 3,200. That still equals 2,700 on average per week. My 10K was great Sunday, ran it at a time of 52:04, which is 8:23 per mile. I felt great, and for me that is an excellent time. Today (Mon), I planned a rest day, and it is a good thing I did. I don't know if was just the change of the clock, or really pushing myself in the 10K, but I was really tired. I entered the foods for Sunday in my journal, but I didn't list the calories, so I won't be updating that until tomorrow.

Old Tue, April 4th, 2006, 08:23 AM   #37
Shamie

day 2/30. Sunday: calories: 6,135. workout: ran 10K 52:04. mtd workouts: 2/2. I didn't realize how much I ate, until after I added up the numbers. I ate out for dinner, and they had a salad bar, with besides salad, had pasta salad, bread etc. Then the meal, and I had no dessert. It is just a guesstimate, but I think it is fairly accurate. I ate alot of bread, and pasta salad, which is what killed me.

Old Tue, April 4th, 2006, 08:32 AM   #38
Shamie

day 3/30. Monday calories: 3,330. workout: rest day. mtd workouts 2/3. All those carbs on Sunday, must have stimulated my appetite, since I also ate alot. In fact, my plan of eating 3,200 Sat & Sun, and 2,500 during the week, has been thrown out the window. If I want to reach 2,700 average for the month, I only have 2,515 daily the rest of the month, and it is only the April 4th. I almost skipped working out this morning (Tues), I woke up, and I told myself I am still sore from the 10K, and I need the rest. Then the more sensible side of me, told me I already screwed up my diet so far this month, to compensate I better get my butt to the gym today, while it is still a habit, if I want to keep it a habit. It is not likely that I will reach my goal of 198 this Saturday, but I am going to buckle down the rest of the week, that gives me 4 days to lose a pound, to get under 200. I can see it happening, if I keep my calories to 2,500, and workout everyday for the next 3 days.

Old Wed, April 5th, 2006, 08:26 AM   #39
Shamie

day 4/30. Tuesday calories: 2,660. workout: 30 minutes elliptical; 30 minutes running. mtd workouts: 3/4. I wake up now at 4:30am, before the alarm clock, since working out in the morning is now a habit, having done so most of March. But I still have to talk myself into going to the gym. I tell myself that I am too tired, that I need a rest day today, and that even if I don't go today, I would still be doing 5 days for the week. But in the end, I reason with myself that since I am up, I might as well go, and end up going. I ran 6.50 miles this morning. I alternate speeds, I ran 55 minutes, walked 5 on an incline, and ran for 10 minutes on a 3-5% incline. While I feel tired and like crap some days before I go, after the workout, when I am showered and dressed, I feel like a million dollars. There has never been a day that I don't feel better when I leave the gym then when I got there. This being said, I don't know why it is such a struggle to get myself there in the morning.

Old Thu, April 6th, 2006, 08:12 AM   #40
Shamie

day 5/30. Weds calories: 4,200. workout: 60 minutes running. mtd workouts: 4/5. Ate way too much yesterday, my only consolation is that I had no junk yesterday, and protein was alittle over 250 grams. I think for the first 5 days of the month, I averaged 4,000 calories a day. That is no way to reach my goal of losing 2 pounds this week. My high level of cardio hopefully will offset most of these extra calories, so I have a chance that I won't gain any weight on Saturday. I atleast want to stabilize this week, and not gain any weight. I had a great workout this morning, probably from the energy all of this extra food is giving me. Tomorrow, I am getting to the gym when it opens 5:00, so I can do a lower body workout, along with an hour of cardio. I am running in a 4 mile run on Sunday, and won't be making it to the gym. My last 10K on Sunday I ran at 8:23 per mile, since this race is 2 miles shorter, I hope to run it at 8:00 per mile.