Please Support Our Sponsors and Advertisers!
JSF Amazon Mall
AtLarge Nutrition Results
John Stone Fitness
Brick City Bicycles

Go Back   John Stone Fitness Forums > Main Fitness Forums > Nutrition & Supplements

Nutrition & Supplements Food, nutrition and supplements.

Old Mon, January 31st, 2005, 06:48 PM   #21
Brian Golden

Sex: Male
Stats: 5'10", 167 lbs, 18-20%

Is a money back guarantee offered?

That is usually the best test of the effectiveness of any product.

Just curious...

Old Mon, January 31st, 2005, 07:47 PM   #22
chris mason
Official Sponsor - www.atlargenutrition.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerone
Is a money back guarantee offered?

That is usually the best test of the effectiveness of any product.

Just curious...
We do not. Personally, I chose not to offer one because I think they are meaningless. How many crap products have "money back guarantees"?

In other words I feel that offering such guarantees are almost insulting because they really don't mean anything but sound nice. In the end, they are fluff much like the products which carry them.

We don't sell crap. EVERY SINGLE product we offer works as we claim. We will operate in no other manner.

Old Mon, January 31st, 2005, 07:57 PM   #23
Maffy

Stats: 38 years old, 5' 8", 172 lbs, 6% bodyfat

I completely agree. The "Money Back Guarantee" is one of the biggest sham marketing ploys there is. The guarantor relies on the fact that once you factor in the initial nonrefundable shipping cost and the cost and hassle of shipping the product back, most people will never bother to call them on it. It's just a way of making the product maker/seller sound supremely confident of what they're selling without actually putting much of anything on the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris mason
We do not. Personally, I chose not to offer one because I think they are meaningless. How many crap products have "money back guarantees"?

In other words I feel that offering such guarantees are almost insulting because they really don't mean anything but sound nice. In the end, they are fluff much like the products which carry them.

We don't sell crap. EVERY SINGLE product we offer works as we claim. We will operate in no other manner.

Old Mon, January 31st, 2005, 08:20 PM   #24
Brian Golden

Stats: 5'10", 167 lbs, 18-20%

I agree and disagree with the money back guarantee comments.

Old Mon, January 31st, 2005, 11:02 PM   #25
HobbesAB

Well, as I have already mentioned, I have used ALN's products and I did not regret my purchase for a moment. The products and customer service were of the highest quality.

Old Tue, February 1st, 2005, 11:33 AM   #26
Daniel Clough

Thanks for the thread John.

Maffy, I hear you... Theres a lot of B.S in the supplement industry and it only stands to reason that when you hear that something might be as good as John suggests, alarm bells ring.

If you take a good read of our about page on www.atlargenutrition.com/about.php you will see our aim is to NOT fall into this breed of supplement companies.

Also, I can relate to John's comments about putting his whole weight behind advertisers. I also run a bodybuilding website and we get sponsors each month we have to turn away as myself and Chris simply do not agree with the types of products these guys offer. They range from plan crap, to things that myself and Chris just do not believe are effective enough to push to our visitors.

Theres only one way to find out and thats to give it a try I am sure you will not be dissapointed!

Thanks

Daniel

Old Tue, February 1st, 2005, 01:30 PM   #27
rboit
Village Idiot

Welcome to the new sponsors. Do you guys or anyone else have any links to peer-reviewed studies that show that the ETS supplement does in fact decrease DOMS, aid sleep, and increase testesterone, etc.? I'd like to check out the studies if you can point me to any. Thanks!

Old Tue, February 1st, 2005, 02:05 PM   #28
chris mason

We are honest and that can be a fault sometimes in the supplement world .

Anyway, we were the first supplement company to discover the ergogenic properties of Microlactin (TM). Prior to our looking into it there was only one study done which was performed on runners. This study peaked my interest in it for weight trained athletes. The study is on Humanetics' website (the company which distibutes Microlactin TM in the states).

It has been around for several years but marketed as a joint supplement product.

Once we determined it had benefits for the weight trained athlete we played around with various vitamin and mineral additions in order to maximize the results. We feel our final formula has realized a truly unique and highly effective sports supplement (as do our customers ).

We tested the product prior to bringing it to market but our "study" was not done in a university setting and would not qualify as a valid scientific study (although we did our best to follow proper scientific protocol given the circumstances).

I can tell you from our study and empirical evidence that the product works exactly as advertised and that is all there is to it. Trust me when I say that other supplement companies will soon have VERY similar products on the market. Something this good will not remain a "secret" for long (good from the perspective of highly effective and extremely safe).

In my opinion, our product will help to fill the void created with the banning of pro-hormones.

Old Tue, February 1st, 2005, 02:15 PM   #29
Maffy

Stats: 38 years old, 5' 8", 172 lbs, 6% bodyfat

Daniel,

Thanks for taking my comment in the spirit in which it was intended: not an attack, but just a learned-the-hard-way wariness of inflated supplement claims. Thanks, too, for your levelheaded response and participation in a forum like this. That, more than anything else, makes me inclined to believe that you guys are not like the all too prevalent snake oil salesmen in this industry. If nothing else, I"m convinced your intentions are honorable. As for the effectiveness of ETS, there's only one sure way to find out for myself: I ordered a bottle today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Clough
Thanks for the thread John.

Maffy, I hear you... Theres a lot of B.S in the supplement industry and it only stands to reason that when you hear that something might be as good as John suggests, alarm bells ring.

If you take a good read of our about page on www.atlargenutrition.com/about.php you will see our aim is to NOT fall into this breed of supplement companies.

Also, I can relate to John's comments about putting his whole weight behind advertisers. I also run a bodybuilding website and we get sponsors each month we have to turn away as myself and Chris simply do not agree with the types of products these guys offer. They range from plan crap, to things that myself and Chris just do not believe are effective enough to push to our visitors.

Theres only one way to find out and thats to give it a try I am sure you will not be dissapointed!

Thanks

Daniel

Old Tue, February 1st, 2005, 02:30 PM   #30
chris mason

Thanks again Maffy!

Old Thu, February 3rd, 2005, 06:14 PM   #31
HobbesAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Stone
I've noticed less stiffness and fewer aches and pains. That's 100% true....It's not a miracle supplement, but it is a very good one and I'm glad I found it.
John,

Did you take the ETS by itself or did you continue to take glucosamine along with the ETS? Any plans to stack the two? A microlactin and glucosamine combo could really help the joints. If you do stack the two, can you post any differences it made for you when you combined them?

Old Fri, February 4th, 2005, 06:13 AM   #32
Daniel Clough

Thanks for the order Maffy, please let everyone know how you get on!

Old Mon, February 7th, 2005, 07:53 AM   #33
John Stone
Owner

Stats: 6', 159.6 pounds, 6.0% body fat (maintaining)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbesAB
John,

Did you take the ETS by itself or did you continue to take glucosamine along with the ETS? Any plans to stack the two? A microlactin and glucosamine combo could really help the joints. If you do stack the two, can you post any differences it made for you when you combined them?
Yes, I'm still taking Glucosamine, MSM and Chrondroitin (this is in my food logs, BTW ).

MicroLactin (found in ETS) and G/MSM/C address joint pain in completely different ways, so these products are a fantastic stack for overall joint health. It took a little over a week for me to start feeling the benefits of ETS.

"I don't ride bikes to add years to my life; I ride bikes to add life to my years."

Old Mon, February 7th, 2005, 04:54 PM   #34
ThatOldGuy

I received my first order today. There's a hand written thank you from Chris on the invoice. I'm always impressed when a supplier takes the time to do that.

Old Mon, February 7th, 2005, 09:48 PM   #35
HobbesAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Stone
Yes, I'm still taking Glucosamine, MSM and Chrondroitin (this is in my food logs, BTW ).

MicroLactin (found in ETS) and G/MSM/C address joint pain in completely different ways, so these products are a fantastic stack for overall joint health. It took a little over a week for me to start feeling the benefits of ETS.
Thanks for the info.

Old Mon, February 7th, 2005, 10:32 PM   #36
chris mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOldGuy
I received my first order today. There's a hand written thank you from Chris on the invoice. I'm always impressed when a supplier takes the time to do that.
Customer service is as important to us as offering the best quality products possible.

We pride ourselves on giving the best service possible.

Thanks again for your business!

Chris

Old Tue, February 8th, 2005, 06:29 PM   #37
Maki Riddington

Although this is my first post I just wanted to let those who are on the fence know, that when it comes to AtLarge Nutrition, you're only going to get quality products, great service and the chance to have your questions answered by Chris. He is definitely a fountain of knowledge as he's been in this game for awhile now. I call him Grandpa Mason.

Old Wed, February 16th, 2005, 05:34 AM   #38
Kino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maki Riddington
Although this is my first post I just wanted to let those who are on the fence know, that when it comes to AtLarge Nutrition, you're only going to get quality products, great service and the chance to have your questions answered by Chris. He is definitely a fountain of knowledge as he's been in this game for awhile now. I call him Grandpa Mason.
Maki,

Welcome to the boards. I didn't see your name until I was searching some threads. I guess that this place is attracting more and more seasoned indivisuals. OH...I know you from the FG and WCBB forums.

Old Thu, February 24th, 2005, 12:23 PM   #39
slush_puppy

I've decided to give ETS a try... I just had a few questions that maybe Chris can answer.

1. I know that when taking ZMA, you're supposed to avoid taking it with dairy based products. There's nothing on your website about this, I was wondering if that's even a consideration, especially considering that the main ingredient in ETS (microlactin) is milk based.
2. I'm curious why ALN decided to incorporate ZMA with the microlactin. Is there something special about ZMA that works well with it or are the two just completely independent parts that have no relationship together. Why not tribulus to complete it?

AtLarge Nutrition Special!
Old Thu, February 24th, 2005, 04:40 PM   #40
John Stone
Owner

Stats: 6', 159.6 pounds, 6.0% body fat (maintaining)
Default AtLarge Nutrition Special!

AtLarge Nutrition is running an awesome deal through Monday, February 28, 2005. I'll be mentioning this in my Daily News Updates, but I wanted to let everyone here know about it right away.

For just $49.95 you are going to get
  • 2 bottles (60 servings) of Multi-Plus Vitamins
  • 1 bottle (60 servings) of ETS (I love this stuff!)
  • 500g of (100 servings) Creatine monohydrate
That's over $22.00 in savings, and it will allow you to sample a few of AtLarge's products for one low price.

For more details and to place your order: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/nutr...products_id/13

Be sure to let everyone know what you think after you've had a chance to try these supplements by posting your review in this thread!

"I don't ride bikes to add years to my life; I ride bikes to add life to my years."