Please Support Our Sponsors and Advertisers!
JSF Amazon Mall
AtLarge Nutrition Results
John Stone Fitness
Brick City Bicycles

Go Back   John Stone Fitness Forums > Fat Loss, Muscle Building & Body Transformation > Weight Training/Bulking

Weight Training/Bulking Weight/strength training exercises, programs, techniques.

How do guys in jail get so big????
Old Thu, October 29th, 2009, 01:29 PM   #1
onamission

Sex: Male
Default How do guys in jail get so big????

I wasnt completly sure where too post this...but this is a question me and my friends have often wondered and im hoping someone can shed some light on it for us.

How do some guys in prison get so bigg?? im from the uk..and theres a show on TV called "americas toughest jails" i dont know if you get it in america lol, but anyways they show the whole prison, and guys working out in the yard-apparently these guys train most the day-some are absoultly huge!..but then they also said at another point on the show that each prisoner is allocated 45g of protien per day, it looks like some of these guys would need 250g just too maintain!!

Now im sure some exstort food from other inmates, but surly not that much, i dont believe everything i see on TV, can anyone tell me if the 45g protien a day is accurate?, training half the day?.

It goes against everything i have read about building muscle and im abit confused!.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Old Thu, October 29th, 2009, 02:21 PM   #2
Chopaholic

Sex: Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by onamission View Post
I wasnt completly sure where too post this...but this is a question me and my friends have often wondered and im hoping someone can shed some light on it for us.

How do some guys in prison get so bigg?? im from the uk..and theres a show on TV called "americas toughest jails" i dont know if you get it in america lol, but anyways they show the whole prison, and guys working out in the yard-apparently these guys train most the day-some are absoultly huge!..but then they also said at another point on the show that each prisoner is allocated 45g of protien per day, it looks like some of these guys would need 250g just too maintain!!

Now im sure some exstort food from other inmates, but surly not that much, i dont believe everything i see on TV, can anyone tell me if the 45g protien a day is accurate?, training half the day?.

It goes against everything i have read about building muscle and im abit confused!.

Can anyone enlighten me?
I have no idea. But one thing comes to mind: starchy, calorically dense food is really cheap. So they may have access to a ton of calories just not in the protein-heavy style you might expect from traditional bodybuilders or strength athletes.

It's also possible to develop an incredible physique with body weight exercises. Regardless of what equipment is available, they'll aways have that, and time.

Old Thu, October 29th, 2009, 02:25 PM   #3
George

This might help:

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a..._behind_bars_i
http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...behind_bars_ii

EDIT: Keep in mind that you don't know whether they were big before they got to prison, how long they've been there, etc.

Last edited by George; Thu, October 29th, 2009 at 02:35 PM..

Old Thu, October 29th, 2009, 03:02 PM   #4
onamission

thanks for the replys

i think the starchy carbs is a good point, but still unsure about thier protien intake, and how.

those links were a great read! thanks for that.

Old Thu, October 29th, 2009, 03:34 PM   #5
john_e_turner_ii

They must eat pretty well. That first prison story of that huge guy was really good. He must have to eat at least 4000 calories per day to support a body that size and that can perform like that. That's a lot of food, and I bet he doesn't breakdown his macros or worry about getting this or that. He just eats. Sometimes I think we all worry too much about percentages, and we just need to eat.

And...
Old Thu, October 29th, 2009, 03:35 PM   #6
tbuck

Stats: Better than last year!
Default And...

I would suspect that steroids are pretty easy to get, as well as other drugs.

I've read that some prisons are taking away the workout equipment, because the inmates get so big and strong...it's difficult for the guards to control them.

"Failure is not falling. Failure is not getting up."
"Keep doing what you've always done, and you'll get what you've always got."
"Keep on keepin' on."
"Tough times build character. I don't need any more character. I've got more than I planned on."

Old Thu, October 29th, 2009, 04:29 PM   #7
JoeSchmo

John Romano, who did time, writes about this:

http://www.rxmuscle.com/articles/rom...the-joint.html

Old Sun, November 29th, 2009, 09:34 AM   #8
sjake

Sex: Female
Stats: height 5'4" weight 120 bf ?

I worked at a jail here in the US..All jails here have recreation rooms equipped with the weight rooms! They all have gyms for the inmates to work out in..And yes the food is basic enough only to meet minimal caloric intake..However, thes people have access to commonsary which they can utilize $ in their accounts(from family/friends) to buy almost any supplement known to man..These people have nothing to do for 24 hours a day but work out! And in this environment, its detrimental to their own health and safety to small framed. Meaning the other inmates will physically hurt the weaker..So size in somewhat of a survival technique..Survival of the fittest totally comes into play here..