Please Support Our Sponsors and Advertisers!
JSF Amazon Mall
AtLarge Nutrition Results
John Stone Fitness
Brick City Bicycles

Go Back   John Stone Fitness Forums > Fat Loss, Muscle Building & Body Transformation > Gym Equipment

Gym Equipment Cardio, strength training and other gym equipment questions and reviews.

BodyMetrix Ultrasound Body Fat Measurement Device - Coupon through Nov 30
Old Sat, November 26th, 2011, 01:31 AM   #1
theamigo

Sex: Male
Stats: 155 lbs., 6' 0"
Default BodyMetrix Ultrasound Body Fat Measurement Device - Coupon through Nov 30

Tim Ferriss has a post that lists a coupon through Nov 30 for the personal version of the Body Metrix Body Fat measurement device he mentions in his latest book:

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog...ed-vegetables/

Quote:
To the 100s of readers who have asked when the hell the personal-use BodyMetrix would be ready: itís finally here (http://www.intelametrix.com/update/). As a thank-you for your patience, Iíve asked the manufacturer for an additional discount. Until Nov. 30, you can get 25% off (which should be around $125) by using the code 4HOURBODY at check out. For those interested, hereís the site. The pro version has been used by everyone from the New York Yankeeís to AC Milan.
Still pretty pricey at around $375 after coupon though.

New Coupon Code for BodyMetrix
Old Sun, March 11th, 2012, 02:32 PM   #2
Carl

Default New Coupon Code for BodyMetrix

When the old coupon code did not work - and the best price I could find was $495.00 - I called IntelaMetrix. Heidi informed me that the 25% off was a special promotion, but that she could offer a 20% discount. The code, as of 3/9/12 is: BMS2012. Placed my order directly with them and did not try it on Amazon. Also do not know how long this offer will last, so thought I would pass it on.

For what it is worth, a friend who is a physician and used to have a weight loss clinic gave their product a ringing endorsement which helped me to decide to go for it. Figured I have easily spent 400 on junk food and other crap over the years, so why not!

Good Luck,
Carl

Quote:
Originally Posted by theamigo View Post
Tim Ferriss has a post that lists a coupon through Nov 30 for the personal version of the Body Metrix Body Fat measurement device he mentions in his latest book:

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog...ed-vegetables/

Still pretty pricey at around $375 after coupon though.

Old Fri, March 23rd, 2012, 11:26 AM   #3
confuzed

Has anybody used this? How does it compare to calipers in terms of reliability and accuracy? 1% better? 10%? 100%? It looks very appealing on paper, but on the other hand I'm skeptical of anything Tim Ferriss is involved in.

Old Fri, March 23rd, 2012, 12:18 PM   #4
Carl

Quote:
Originally Posted by confuzed View Post
Has anybody used this? How does it compare to calipers in terms of reliability and accuracy? 1% better? 10%? 100%? It looks very appealing on paper, but on the other hand I'm skeptical of anything Tim Ferriss is involved in.
Have not used it yet as I just received it this week. I relied on the input from a friend who is a physician and used to run a weight loss clinic and used the bioelectrical impedance devices and verified that the results can vary widely depending on how hydrated the person is. He looked at the BodyMetrix device and felt it was "state-of-the-art" technology - so I went for it. I had also seen this site (http://www.medicinenet.com/script/ma...ticlekey=56830) that evaluates several methods, but did not include the BM. Will be happy to post once I get to use it, but don't know how long the coupon code I used (BMS2012) that got me a 20% discount will last.

Good Luck,
Carl

Old Fri, March 23rd, 2012, 03:33 PM   #5
confuzed

Thanks Carl. Please do keep us updated. I checked the coupon code yesterday and it's still working.