View Full Version : What's the quickest, easiest way to cook boneless chicken breast?

k53connect
Thu, September 16th, 2004, 05:37 PM
I see John has 8oz of chicken breast a day, and I decided to start eating it as well. I went out and bought this boneless and skinless chicken breast in the meat section of Kroger and now I want to know how to make it as quickly as possible. Do I fry it? If so, what type of oil do I use? Do I Bake it? If so, how long and at what temp. Is there anyway to make it without rolling it in flour or doing anything to it? Thanks.

txitalian
Thu, September 16th, 2004, 05:44 PM
I usually get a baking pan, put some foil on it, spray it with cooking spray and then bake it for 20 minutes at 375 degrees. Search the recipes forum and their should be several different recipes for it.

Jason

Zerebus
Thu, September 16th, 2004, 05:48 PM
MICROWAVE IT! It's definately the fastest and easiest way to cook anything. Granted, your chicken will probably taste horrible and you may have some issues with cooking it all the way through...

I say ignore the fast route and find a way to cook something that's palatable. Boiled chicken gets real old real fast.

american dream
Thu, September 16th, 2004, 06:26 PM
Cut any excess fat. Season (takes like 4 seconds). Get a frying pan and spray with non fat Pam cooking spray. Cook for about 15-18 minutes on 5-6 on your stovetop dial (or 4-5 but for a few minutes longer) turning once or twice to get both sides.

An awesome way to do chicken also is to get chicken breast tender strips, because they are already cut for you. They are thinner, therefore cooking faster. You can pick em up at any grocery store.

Grub it up buddy!

:nod:

im_a_noob
Thu, September 16th, 2004, 07:37 PM
two words

George Foreman

can't live without it

inurb
Thu, September 16th, 2004, 07:42 PM
Baking it in the oven covered in foil with some seasonings and water is the easiest way for me. Foreman grill is nice but only 3 breats fit and clean up is a pain in the ass.

DeafNgari
Thu, September 16th, 2004, 08:03 PM
Im a grill man most of the time. Takes a bit to do a ton of chicken but ehhh you can do anything while it grills.

slush_puppy
Thu, September 16th, 2004, 10:24 PM
I cut all the fat off, then put the chicken breasts in a pot. I then pour in enough chicken broth to cover them, then cover the pot and boil for about 12 minutes on the stove. You know they're cooked when the meat reaches 160 degrees.

You can cook all your chicken in one shot (I usually cook 12 chicken breasts at once), you can't burn it, you don't have to flip them while cooking and they are SO juicy! This is a great way to make chicken for a week.

akm3
Thu, September 16th, 2004, 10:41 PM
My two "Fast" ways to cook chicken are:
Boil it (then throw like Johnny's Seasoning Salt on it so it doesn't completely suck)

George Foreman grill (Add some BBQ Sauce and it is quite tasty this way.

Only takes about 3-5 minutes on the grill, 10 minutes or so boiling (not including time to boil the water)

-Allen

girlcop1
Fri, September 17th, 2004, 01:13 AM
Baking it in the oven covered in foil with some seasonings and water is the easiest way for me. Foreman grill is nice but only 3 breats fit and clean up is a pain in the ass.

I have a Wolfgang Puck Pannini grill. I love this thing. I can cook four large chicken breast at a time and they take about five minutes. A little salt and pepper or curry to taste and voila. It cooks on both sides and leaves the best grill marks. I got it on HSN.com, the best fifty bucks I ever spent, plus it does great grilled sandwiches and steaks and so many other things. It is wonderful. :D

TeMpTeD
Fri, September 17th, 2004, 04:57 AM
two words

George Foreman

can't live without it

DITTO.

Butterfly the breasts and its done in 6-7mins flat.Every other night I cook 6 breasts which will last me 2 days. I cook 3 breasts at once so it takes about 20 mins to cook the lot. Just gotta make sure you wash your hands about 3 times to ensure against salmonella.

guava
Fri, September 17th, 2004, 05:49 AM
When I'm in the most hurry, I cut the chicken breasts into little chunks about the size of grapes, and stir them in the frying pan until they are no longer pink. I don't coat them in flour. I don't use any oil or even non-stick spray. Just a nonstick pan and a few tablespoons of water. If I'm not going to eat them with any sauce, I sprinkle some seasoning salt on them while I'm stirring.

Anyone care to expand on how one would boil a chicken breast? Sounds like not a bad idea. Could you throw in raw chunks of chicken in with your pasta? :confused:

phoenix808
Fri, September 17th, 2004, 08:39 AM
I cut all the fat off, then put the chicken breasts in a pot. I then pour in enough chicken broth to cover them, then cover the pot and boil for about 12 minutes on the stove. You know they're cooked when the meat reaches 160 degrees.

You can cook all your chicken in one shot (I usually cook 12 chicken breasts at once), you can't burn it, you don't have to flip them while cooking and they are SO juicy! This is a great way to make chicken for a week.
Me too! This is what I do, except I usually put some seasoning in the water, so that it gets soaked in/infuses the chicken while cooking.

Couldn't be easier. :tu:

Bluestreak
Fri, September 17th, 2004, 08:48 AM
Guava,

Sometimes I make a healthy chicken soup. I use a low sodium, low fat Campbell's chicken broth and then toss in about an ounce of pasta (about 20~30 g's of carbs) and 1/2 of a large Tyson chicken breast diced up. In the time it takes to cook the pasta, the chicken bits cook and absorb the chicken broth, staying nice and juicy.

A single serving of this soup is about 30 g's protein, 40 g's carbs and under 5g's fat. Good for when you're sick or on a cold day... healthy, low fat chicken soup!

TeMpTeD
Fri, September 17th, 2004, 09:31 AM
....Anyone care to expand on how one would boil a chicken breast? Sounds like not a bad idea. Could you throw in raw chunks of chicken in with your pasta? :confused:

I used to boil my chicken before I got the Foreman Grill. All I used to do was get the water boiling and dunk the breast into the pan for about 11mins. We have electric hobs, so if you have gas it will probably be quicker.

ThatOldGuy
Fri, September 17th, 2004, 11:17 AM
Ditto the George Foreman. I bought one about a month ago and I'm not sure how I ever lived without it. A chicken breast is 6 minutes, it's seared on both sides, and it's not dry!

nals
Mon, September 20th, 2004, 10:34 AM
two words

George Foreman

can't live without it

same, i toss two days worth on the foreman, add some sodium free seasoning salt... gtg.

StevieD
Mon, September 20th, 2004, 11:13 AM
My favorite these days is to get the Tyson Skinless Boneless "Fast Cook" chicken breasts from Sam's/Costco and grill them.

These are basically just plain chicken breasts (with some broth injected, I think) that have been flattened to a uniform thickness of about 1/3-1/2 inch and then flash frozen individually. With the "standard" Tyson frozen breasts, I would have to defrost them overnight and then flatten them between a couple of sheets of plastic wrap with a rolling pin to get quicker and more even cooking.

You take them straight out of the (5 lb) bag, still frozen, and grill them over high heat for 5 minutes per side, and they are perfect. Season them any way you want.

15 minutes start to finish right out of the freezer (including 5 minutes to preheat the grill). It's the best!

ShadowPenguin
Tue, September 21st, 2004, 04:48 PM
I broil mine.

Basically I buy up enough chicken for the whole week (saves time) cook all of it and just take what i need for lunch every day.

usually nothing fancy just some chicken seasoning...sometimes i'll throw some tomato sauce and cheese on it for something resembling an italian theme.

make sure to put some water in the pan before you put it in the oven. Keeps the chicken from drying out.

try mixing some cumin, paprika and curry in a bowl (not a lot, that shit is POTENT) roll the breasts out with rolling pin to flatten 'em out a bit. Rub the mixture on both sides of the chicken, when ur done cooking and ready to serve (or reheat) spoon some salsa over it, nice little kick for lunch. I made this recipe by cooking the chicken in a skillet, but i think it'll work the same if you bake it.

BONE APA TIT :lol: