Sponsored Links

View Full Version : Ankle joint squeaking???

djerickd
Wed, February 4th, 2004, 07:19 PM
I'm not sure what it's from but ever since I started running and lifting my ankle will actually squeak sometimes when I walk in certain shoes (but it's not the shoe). There is no pain just a high pitched "squeak," it's freaky! Anyone ever experience anything like this? Someone told me it was crepitus which is a condition where bones grind against each other when the cartlidge is worn out, but it's not grinding. Should I worry? My ankle feels fine!

djerickd
Wed, February 4th, 2004, 07:24 PM
By the way I just started taking a Glucosamine/Chondroidin pill this week and I'm going to slow down on the cardio (I used to do it Monday - thursday and sometimes saturday, which I just found out may be hurting my growth, so I'm stopping today) maybe that will help?

I'm worried that this may be some sign of arthritis, but I'm only 27 years old!! :rolleyes:

HunkOLove
Wed, February 4th, 2004, 09:42 PM
It not hurting is at least good. No one here can tell you what is. We would all just be guessing and playing outhouse doctor. So I would recommend you go to see your doctor or give him or her a call and see what they think. Probably nothing but it won't hurt to get it checked out. If it is something then you can ask how you need to modify your program so as not to aggravate it. No need to worry man. A quick trip to the doctor will get the worry off your back. Heh - we all get old ain't it fun? :tucool:

djerickd
Wed, February 4th, 2004, 10:59 PM
Thanks for the advice! I think there may be something wrong with my joints both my elbow and wrists "pop" all the time like theres no tomorrow. I heard that does no harm but it's just wierd I guess.

djerickd
Thu, February 5th, 2004, 02:22 PM
Well I'm going to the Doc tomorrow, hopefully he won't have to amputate!

keep you fingers crossed!
:gl:

HunkOLove
Thu, February 5th, 2004, 07:00 PM
You'll be fine I'm sure.

djerickd
Fri, February 6th, 2004, 05:41 PM
Well went to the doc today, got x-rays, everything seems normal. He gave me some artiritis pain medicine called bextra. www.bextra.com
Maybe it will help...

HunkOLove
Fri, February 6th, 2004, 08:57 PM
Better safe than sorry. Quite a wake up call isn't getting that first prescription for something like that? Ah well getting old ain't bad considering the alternative...Hope your ankle gets better. :tucool:

Well went to the doc today, got x-rays, everything seems normal. He gave me some artiritis pain medicine called bextra.

www.bextra.com
Maybe it will help...

djerickd
Fri, February 6th, 2004, 09:40 PM
Yeah I'm 27 on arthritis medicine... :rolleyes:

Thanks for your support! :tu:

Evil Hx Coupe
Sat, February 7th, 2004, 09:33 AM
WD-40 that ankle and call it a day!!! :D

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links