Sponsored Links

View Full Version : Is a 3lb/week fat loss OK?

Back on Track
Sat, December 5th, 2009, 06:59 AM
I'm losing, in average, 3 lbs of my weight per week. I know the maximum recomended is 2lbs, but by the simple fact of eating clean adn working out everyday, I'm losing 3.
Should I be concerned? Should I rise my calorie intake?

- I'm experiencing no strength loss, in fact, I would say it's growing.
- My BMR + calories spended in working out = 4010 kcals(It's high, I know, but I'm 6'2'' and 242.)
- I eat, without being hungry, 2500 - 2800 kcals per day,

Thanks

Foley
Sat, December 5th, 2009, 07:48 AM
I'm losing, in average, 3 lbs of my weight per week. I know the maximum recomended is 2lbs, but by the simple fact of eating clean adn working out everyday, I'm losing 3.
Should I be concerned? Should I rise my calorie intake?

- I'm experiencing no strength loss, in fact, I would say it's growing.
- My BMR + calories spended in working out = 4010 kcals(It's high, I know, but I'm 6'2'' and 242.)
- I eat, without being hungry, 2500 - 2800 kcals per day,

Thanks
How long have you been going at this? Are you averaging the lbs lost, e.g. 30lbs in 10 weeks is 3lbs a week. It's normal for someone to lose a LOT the first week when they clean up their diet. So basically what I'm saying is, are you consistently losing 3lbs a week or is this an average... :p

Back on Track
Sat, December 5th, 2009, 10:30 AM
This is my first month that I get really serious about cutting. Here's the loss, per week:

1st week: 1,1kg (2,45lbs)
2nd week: 0,95kg(2lbs)
3rd week: 1,65kg (3,65lbs)
4th week: 1,45kg (3,2 lbs)

if you do the math, it will have something like 2,8 lbs per week.

I just wanted to know if it's okay or if I should have this limit of 2lbs per week, and increase my food intake.

Thanks

ck101
Sat, December 5th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Are you keeping properly hydrated? You may be losing a bit of water weight, which is a bad thing.

Also, what skin type are you? Are you prone to loose skin and stretch marks?

Anyways, good luck with the weight loss!

Back on Track
Sat, December 5th, 2009, 01:04 PM
yes I'm very well hydrated.

How do I know what's my skin type?

I have a few strecth marks, mainly in my love handles. No loose skin so far...

ck101
Sat, December 5th, 2009, 03:42 PM
When you wake up in the morning, are you oily or dry skinned mostly?

Oily skin tends to have more elasticity, which means its less likely that you will have any skin problems as a result of rapid weight loss.

As long as you are keeping very well hydrated, the weight lost is mostly fat, and you are not worried about loose skin then I see no problem in losing weight this fast.

I'm assuming you're getting all the necessary nutrients for health and that you are eating at least your resting bmr.

Few quick notes:

When people aim to lose weight they tend to miss out on a few essential nutrients for proper health. The first ones to go are healthy fats, make sure you get enough of them. Olive oil, fish oil, nut oils.

Another problem is people begin to eat too few calories a day and this results in muscle loss. Try to eat around your resting bmr.

Foley
Sat, December 5th, 2009, 03:54 PM
In that case, I wouldn't hesitate in eating a little more food. More food and still dropping fat = win situation.

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links