Sponsored Links

View Full Version : I don't poop much

legend
Wed, May 19th, 2004, 12:08 PM
:lol:

To be serious, I don't. I poop like once every 3 or 4 days maybe...And on top of that I don't feel bloated or bad usually. Could this be because my body is using everything I take in. I'm really cutting and eating extremely healthy and wholesome foods. Just wondering I suppose...is this normal? What is regular?

Craig
Wed, May 19th, 2004, 12:12 PM
LOL :D Nice thread :tu:

Well I think eating cleanly does have an effect on this. Before I would be regular as clockwork twice a day and now it's normally once a day or once every two days.

Make sense that if you put less crap in, less crap will come out.

badgolfer
Wed, May 19th, 2004, 12:27 PM
check out this web site and disreagrd if you think its junk but i used this on a tip from a friend of mine. it does everything it says it will. i am trying to avoid being graphic but does three feet more than once mean anything to you while i was using it. i had this much waste in my system. i did this about two years ago and i am much more regular now. get the powder and mix it in oj for best results and taste. it tastes terrible and you may have trouble getting it down but in a day or so (depending on how badly you are backed up) you will be rewarded.
the website says it is safe but many people might argue that. it has the same fiber in it that John substitutes with (i think) just more of it per serving and some other ingredients. i have told other friends of mine and they all love the results.

http://www.clean-colon.com/01.asp?page=1

HateTheSun
Wed, May 19th, 2004, 01:25 PM
I have wanted to post this same question to the community for some time now. I just didn't want to risk becoming John's "supidest question" on the home page. (currently unit size, LOL)

My calorie intake is really low, about 1000 per day. This has increased my storage time from 2 to 4 days. Amazing!

I think I'm going to stop there and just keep an eye on this thread, it may prove to be hilarious.

Bluestreak
Wed, May 19th, 2004, 01:35 PM
Make sure you're getting enough fiber in your diet, if not, supplement it. I also use a stool softener daily to keep things moving and softer. I suffered a fissure last year during my transformation due to the solidity of the waste product I was producing which eventually required surgery to correct. Trust me, you don't want that to happen to you. It's painful, time consuming to recover from, and to call it "unpleasant at best" is an understatement. It may sound funny, but the health of your excretory system is extremely important on the diet(s) we choose... and that's the "last stop" on the way out "the door", so it needs to be kept healthy and happy.

Ugh. What a confession to make...

-R

efk
Wed, May 19th, 2004, 02:15 PM
Damnit... there was a link a while ago on some of the blogs I read - written by this woman (blogger I think) who had one... her story was VERY well written, light and informative... wish I could find it :(

I can tell stuff is getting... harder, but I'm not sure waht to do, plenty of fibure - about 40+ grams a day

Danny Noonan
Wed, May 19th, 2004, 03:20 PM
My calorie intake is really low, about 1000 per day. :d_eek:

Sock
Wed, May 19th, 2004, 04:53 PM
Damnit... there was a link a while ago on some of the blogs I read - written by this woman (blogger I think) who had one... her story was VERY well written, light and informative... wish I could find it :(

You would think that a subject such as this would be a deterrent to my compulsive habit of tracking things down on the web. Unfortunately, you would be wrong...

http://www.ambiguous.org/quinn/medical/fissure.html

Chim-Chim
Wed, May 19th, 2004, 05:08 PM
diet could be the problem. I used to go 3 days before having "a movement" but now I am regular. When I say regular I mean same time every day to the second regular. Poop is so fickle!!

Presse
Wed, May 19th, 2004, 05:16 PM
On the subject of 'irreguler pooping' ...

I heard a doctor on a radio talk-show (Gabe Mirkin) often discuss situations where one can get bouts of very hard stools, interspersed with periods of very loose - diahrea like - stools. I recall him mentioning this was something to watch out for. He said increasing fibre intake would normally take care of it. Also, he mentioned that if gone untreated, this could lead or be indicative of a condition called 'Diverticulitis' (irreguler 'pouches' in the intestines).

FWIW

Ya can hardly get too much fiber!

presse

efk
Wed, May 19th, 2004, 05:35 PM
Sock - I'm the one my friends come too when they need something found, you are the one I'm going to go to! awesome job
wow.

You would think that a subject such as this would be a deterrent to my compulsive habit of tracking things down on the web. Unfortunately, you would be wrong...

http://www.ambiguous.org/quinn/medical/fissure.html

pepito33
Wed, May 19th, 2004, 05:38 PM
Same thing happened to me some time ago. Just up your fiber AND fat intake and you'll be fine. I eat 2 big salads and quite a lot of vegetables every day, and a bowl of Fiber One cereal every other day, and that is more than enough to keep me nice and regular :tu: :o If you need to take fiber supplements then your diet is lacking these foods, which BTW are very filling and extremely low in calories (never got why some people take fiber supps :d_confuse )

While everyone seems to be aware of this fiber issue, few people consider fat intake as an important factor. If you are eating so few cals (I spent a year on a 1000 kcal diet, and I tell you you don't want to lose weight that fast) your fat intake is probably ridiculous, and that is more than probably the cause of your "not pooping" :D

There are weight-loss (legal) pills that prevent your body from absorbing 33% of the fat you eat, and it's stated in the prospect that the extra "fat waste" will cause diohrrea (I'll throw a party the day I manage to spell that right :lol: ).

Anyway, hope that helped and... :gl: :lol: :lol: :lol:

efk
Wed, May 19th, 2004, 05:41 PM
I'm taking drastic measures - Coke!!!
I haven't had one in a while, but the caffine always used to make me go.
and is it true you can't have enough fiber? I'm up to around 40g a day... should I be higher? - For the first 4 weeks of this diet change, I was super regular, but now... I think its too hard, maybe I shold use a softener

legend
Wed, May 19th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Hahahaha. I don't think its a result of me not getting enough fiber, just a result of this healthier diet and lifestyle... To be safe, what kinds of foods are most fiberous? I eat a bowl of raisen bran every day.

pepito33
Wed, May 19th, 2004, 05:56 PM
Hahahaha. I don't think its a result of me not getting enough fiber, just a result of this healthier diet and lifestyle... To be safe, what kinds of foods are most fiberous? I eat a bowl of raisen bran every day.

Let's see...vegetables like cauliflower and broccoli are uberfiberous, and celery is 100% pure fiber. For more info on the "fiber ratio" of different foods check out discussfitness.com forums, they have lots of info on this matter there.

By the way...it's not enough to eat lots of fiber, you have to drink lots of water too. In fact, eating fiber and not drinking enough water will cause you to lower your....trips to the bathroom (General, we're running out of euphemisms!!!)

However, I still think your problem has more to do with fat intake than it has to do with fiber. Just try to eat more fats for a day or two and see/smell it yourself :lol: BTW, coffee or coke might also help you in finally....delivering the package :lol: :lol: :lol:

See you around!

PS: Please join me in telling extremely bad jokes about this. Thank you :D

pepito33
Wed, May 19th, 2004, 06:03 PM
Keep on trying! And remember...you're not alone.

http://www.wasteoftechnology.com/images/constipation.jpg

PS: Someone kill me and put an end to my misery...I just can't stop :o

John Stone
Wed, May 19th, 2004, 08:29 PM
Whether you intended it to be or not, the below remark is racist. Please avoid such comments on these forums in the future. Thanks.

I just dropped the cosby kids off at the pool. :lol: :D

legend
Wed, May 19th, 2004, 09:09 PM
sorry john, wasnt meant to be like that obviously. feel free to delete any posts that may be tainting this poop thread. i hope you dont have a bad opinion of me now.

John Stone
Wed, May 19th, 2004, 09:37 PM
Not at all. I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it. Happy pooping. :)

sorry john, wasnt meant to be like that obviously. feel free to delete any posts that may be tainting this poop thread. i hope you dont have a bad opinion of me now.

Speed Trials
Wed, May 19th, 2004, 10:26 PM
Maybe in the future you could just refer to it as "taking the Browns to the Superbowl." ;)

HunkOLove
Wed, May 19th, 2004, 11:32 PM
In my bad eating days I always found a 6 piece nuggets to gurantee a poop within 30 minutes. Best laxative ever. :claplow:

Ken In Canada
Thu, May 20th, 2004, 11:00 AM
Maybe in the future you could just refer to it as "taking the Browns to the Superbowl." ;)

Now THAT was funny.

I'll never think of Cleveland the same way.

Ken

paolo12345678910
Thu, May 20th, 2004, 04:14 PM
wow, i go like 2 times a week, not to get too graphic but its an easy wipe, and shower right after. :confused: But I guess I'll try to increase my fruit intake. I was thinking of taking a vitamin c and d supplement anyways, all excess nutrients will be expelled through your body's excrementory mechanisms. But too much vitamin c will use the number 2 method. :p

Craig
Thu, May 20th, 2004, 06:33 PM
My wife has always been 'backed up' with her system by a few days and gets really frustrated with how regular I am :lol:

Whenever she has her weigh-in and gets upset because she's not lost much or gained a little, I just tell her to take 5 lbs of her measurement to compensate :D :whistle:

efk
Thu, May 20th, 2004, 11:21 PM
i'm still having "problems" I took something, we'll see...
I've never been irregular in my life, I don't know what it is about my diet that could be causing it (I'm not going to ask anyone to comment b/c I'm changing some stuff starting next week)

bunman
Fri, May 21st, 2004, 12:32 AM

The caffeine is probably part of what makes you go, but more than that I think it's the corn syrup. Pediatricians give constipated children a solution of corn syrup and water. It has an osmotic effect that draws water into the stool and results in bulking and, consequently, elimination.
Some people think that dark soft drinks have somewhat of the opposite effect because of the carmel color (charcoal is very binding). So you might get even better results with something like Mountain Dew.
One of the reasons your body holds on to solid waste is to absorb more water, a process that occurs in the intestine. If you used to drink a lot of soft drinks, your body may have gotten used to the laxative effects.
If you've started exercising vigorously, you're probably just more dehydrated than usual and that's why your bpwels have slowed down a little. So like other posters, I say you should make sure you're drinking plenty of water, if you're not already doing so.

Filthysock
Fri, May 21st, 2004, 02:24 AM
and is it true you can't have enough fiber? I'm up to around 40g a day... should I be higher? - For the first 4 weeks of this diet change, I was super regular, but now... I think its too hard, maybe I shold use a softener
WATER! If its too hard, its possible there isn't enough water in your body. When you are dehydrated, the body takes water from that area to send to other parts.

Craig
Fri, May 21st, 2004, 05:56 AM
Well, I had a homemade Chilli last night and have been 3 times within the last two hours (stings a little though :D ).

Stanzo
Fri, May 21st, 2004, 07:48 AM
I too aint "going" as often as I used to.
Its a real pest, now I have nowhere to read my newspaper at nights ! :)

efk
Fri, May 21st, 2004, 08:25 AM
Bunman, Filthysock...
the coke did nothing of value - it has in the past. I haven't had coke on a regular basis in I don't know how long (a year maybe). But I do drink a lot of water. When this problem first started, I had 3.5L in one day, two days in a row - thats 2x my normal amount. That didn't help. I took something last night - a laxative - and I feel much better this morning (not sure if I'm "done" though). I'm just very concerned with my diet that this will happen again. But like I said - I'm not asking for advice just yet, b/c I'm changing up my diet this weekend.

Andrew M
Fri, May 21st, 2004, 08:51 AM
There's a wide range of 'normal'.

The generally accepted range is from once every three days up to three per day. Anything in that range can be accepted as unproblematic.

A change in bowel habit for no apparent reason (i.e. change after a change of diet is normal) is a cause for pause, and should be checked out.

Andrew.

Just to derail a little, the below is Glenn 'The Daddy' Ross, who lives about 15 miles from me. He was Britain's strongest man 2 or 3 times, but didn't make the grade at World's strongest. He's as strong as any of them, in fact, probably has more brute strength than virtually anyone, but weighs 28 stone. (400 pounds or 180kg) I believe he could have won if he lost about 30kg.

I met him in my university gym once, and spotted him doing bench press, as his training partner had nipped to the loo. I was scared shitless. He was benching 240kg, for 10 reps as he built up to something higher, and that was over twice my max for deadlifts at the time. Never have I been more glad to see a stranger come into the gym than when his training partner returned.
http://www.wasteoftechnology.com/images/constipation.jpg

legend
Tue, June 1st, 2004, 04:22 PM
I just wanted to pop in to say that I tried Fiber supplements. I guess when they write laxative on the front of the bottle you shouldn't take it lightly... if you plan on taking it daily, plan on calling in sick everyday and sitting on the toilet staring at the wall. Try using them only when you're having trouble with movements first. Maybe that will help someone out...

FionaMaeve
Tue, June 1st, 2004, 08:16 PM
Okay, so I was curious, and I bought this stuff. Just came in.

Trouble getting it down? No kidding. :lol: This stuff is wretched.

Incredible fiber content though. There's so much fiber in it that it has basically turned the water it was mixed in into a viscuous solid. :eek:

Here's to curiousity and colon health. . .
/cheers

check out this web site and disreagrd if you think its junk but i used this on a tip from a friend of mine. it does everything it says it will. i am trying to avoid being graphic but does three feet more than once mean anything to you while i was using it. i had this much waste in my system. i did this about two years ago and i am much more regular now. get the powder and mix it in oj for best results and taste. it tastes terrible and you may have trouble getting it down but in a day or so (depending on how badly you are backed up) you will be rewarded.
the website says it is safe but many people might argue that. it has the same fiber in it that John substitutes with (i think) just more of it per serving and some other ingredients. i have told other friends of mine and they all love the results.

http://www.clean-colon.com/01.asp?page=1

jst07
Thu, June 3rd, 2004, 03:56 PM
I can't imagine going 2-3 times a day like that one site siad with its supplments. I usually go about every 2 days, but when I went off caffeine, I had extremely loose bowls, and had to go about 5 times a day for a whole week :(

badgolfer
Thu, June 3rd, 2004, 04:29 PM
Okay, so I was curious, and I bought this stuff. Just came in.

Trouble getting it down? No kidding. :lol: This stuff is wretched.

Incredible fiber content though. There's so much fiber in it that it has basically turned the water it was mixed in into a viscuous solid. :eek:

Here's to curiousity and colon health. . .
/cheers

how did it go. its been a couple days you might want to give it one or two more before giving up if you stuck to the directions. try the oj. it really does mask the flavor and it tastes less terrible. i just cant bring myself to saying tastes better with this stuff. wretched was a great word.

born sleepy
Thu, June 3rd, 2004, 05:27 PM
heh. she probably hasn't been able to leave the bathroom since June 1 :)

FionaMaeve
Thu, June 3rd, 2004, 08:55 PM
Haha :p

I'll just say it works. :nod: But not excessively so. Very good very bad tasting product. :tu:

(I wasn't "backed up" so to speak when I bought it. I just wanted to try it out of curiousity. However, if you are "backed up", I have no doubt that this would end that very quickly.)

I think that drinking enough water while taking this product would be absolutely key. There is a *lot* of fiber in this stuff.

Excellent recommendation from badgolfer. :)

efk
Thu, June 3rd, 2004, 10:40 PM
how much fiber is in it?
I'm still... not ... moving... correctly.... but I've stopped worring about it :)

badgolfer
Thu, June 3rd, 2004, 11:38 PM
I think that drinking enough water while taking this product would be absolutely key. There is a *lot* of fiber in this stuff.

I should have mentioned that. You should drink a lot of water.

FionaMaeve
Sun, June 6th, 2004, 01:58 AM
how much fiber is in it?
8 grams in two teaspoons. Two teaspoons = one serving.

I think I figured out how to describe the taste--it tastes like very spicy very bitter dirt. Is that how you would describe it, badgolfer?

I've got to go buy some orange juice. I've been drinking it using water.

badgolfer
Sun, June 6th, 2004, 04:33 PM
bitter dirt sounds about right. i think its the cayenne(sp?) pepper that makes it taste like sh*t.

nate1
Mon, June 21st, 2004, 06:26 PM

To be serious, I don't. I poop like once every 3 or 4 days maybe...And on top of that I don't feel bloated or bad usually. Could this be because my body is using everything I take in. I'm really cutting and eating extremely healthy and wholesome foods. Just wondering I suppose...is this normal? What is regular?

Very common problem and question but there is an answer. BRAN CEREAL I always do my cardio later in the day even sometimes before bed. After this I usually have a bowl of bran cereal or grape nuts....somthing with high fiber. It doesn't take alot but just a little everyday at the same regular times will keep you "regular". Also high fiber is the key to weight loss and proper nutrition for this very reason. Grape Nuts also has a surprizing amount of protein in each serving.

nate1

Fraser
Tue, June 22nd, 2004, 06:49 PM
Can't believe that no one has not mentioned Porridge !

great way to start the day with some All Bran mixed in from the start...

if that doesn't help try a double espresso a couple hours later on
:whistle:

cheers

OnlyDave
Thu, June 24th, 2004, 07:57 AM
This is also something ive encountered, I only poop about once every 2-4 days or so. But I have made a drasti c change to what I eat and exercise everyday.

Taxcheat
Sun, June 27th, 2004, 09:53 PM
For what it's worth, Safeway brand cottage cheese uses xanthan gum, guar gum and whey.

Tastes great.

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links