View Full Version : Very Beginning of Bit of Abs

FionaMaeve
Fri, April 23rd, 2004, 10:58 PM
First picture was taken about two and a half months ago. Second picture was taken today.

Happiness: I've lost about 7 or 8 (it fluctuates) pounds. I'm happy that I can just barely see my abs showing through now.

Regrets: I really didn't work as hard as I could have during the last two months. I slacked off *a lot*. Plus, I didn't track my food. I ate well, but I did eat quite a bit for cutting (1800-2000 cals per day and a hell of a lot more on some days.)

Now I'm ready to buckle down, strip off a few more pounds of fat, and really tone up the muscle. I'm now tracking my food. Going in cycles of 1300 cals per day for two weeks then 2300 cals per day for two weeks. (See the ABCD thread in the Weight Lifting section.)

Apologies for the pics not being in the same light. Couldn't be helped today. Tried to compensate by increasing the saturation on the first pic to match the second. Also I committed the grevious sin of taking a shot in the mirror. . . oh well. . .

woeisemma
Fri, April 23rd, 2004, 11:13 PM
Great Job, Freemason!! Looks like you lost a lot more than 7 lbs! First picture was taken about two and a half months ago. Second picture was taken today.

Happiness: I've lost about 7 or 8 (it fluctuates) pounds. I'm happy that I can just barely see my abs showing through now.

Regrets: I really didn't work as hard as I could have during the last two months. I slacked off *a lot*. Plus, I didn't track my food. I ate well, but I did eat quite a bit for cutting (1800-2000 cals per day and a hell of a lot more on some days.)

Now I'm ready to buckle down, strip off a few more pounds of fat, and really tone up the muscle. I'm now tracking my food. Going in cycles of 1300 cals per day for two weeks then 2300 cals per day for two weeks. (See the ABCD thread in the Weight Lifting section.)

Apologies for the pics not being in the same light. Couldn't be helped today. Tried to compensate by increasing the saturation on the first pic to match the second. Also I committed the grevious sin of taking a shot in the mirror. . . oh well. . .

FionaMaeve
Fri, April 23rd, 2004, 11:20 PM
Great Job, Freemason!! Looks like you lost a lot more than 7 lbs!
Thanks! :) I need to check my bf%. I think I lost more than 7 lbs of fat but gained muscle.

Still working on writing up one of my 1800/2000 calorie days for you. . . (Sorry it's taking so long though. :o I always start to write it up and then get distracted.)

woeisemma
Fri, April 23rd, 2004, 11:33 PM
It's ok, you don't have to write it up. I cant see myself eating 2000 cals at this point anyways. What were your stats and what are your stats now?Thanks! :) I need to check my bf%. I think I lost more than 7 lbs of fat but gained muscle.

Still working on writing up one of my 1800/2000 calorie days for you. . . (Sorry it's taking so long though. :o I always start to write it up and then get distracted.)

FionaMaeve
Sat, April 24th, 2004, 12:04 AM
What were your stats and what are your stats now?
I was 129 lbs. Now 122. (Up from 120.5 before vacation. :( )
I'm 5'4".

marcus
Sat, April 24th, 2004, 12:25 AM
Looking good Freemason :tu: How much more do you plan to lose? You look damn close to me. Nice tan too, its amazing how much of a diff it makes.

keep it up :tucool:

Marcus :cool:

Steele
Sat, April 24th, 2004, 12:34 AM
wow, you can really see how your slimming down.

The abs are already nice, add some slight weights to your ab workouts and they'll pop.

Excellent progress.

FionaMaeve
Sat, April 24th, 2004, 12:40 AM
How much more do you plan to lose?
I'm not sure. The last time I was in peak physical condition was in high school, and I weighed 121, so maybe I just need to stay the same weight and lower bf%.

Nice tan too, its amazing how much of a diff it makes.
I actually haven't gotten a tan. I dunno why it looks like that. I think it's the lighting. I do like the look though. I'll have to get some fake tanning cream. :) (Just say no to sun damage.)

AndrewJones
Sat, April 24th, 2004, 12:43 AM
excellent work. =)

Duckman
Sat, April 24th, 2004, 02:50 AM
Excellent work...really huge diff!

Emma: checked out your site, and my god, you've done an incredible job yourself too!

Thumbs up to both of you :tu:

U2rocks
Sat, April 24th, 2004, 10:32 AM
wow thats a real nice difference there! did u change up anything in your workout routine in the 2.5 months?

karatetricker
Sat, April 24th, 2004, 12:26 PM
WOW! You have done an awesome job! 7 pounds lost is all? You must have gained muscle because even though you were definitely not fat in your before pic, you look a lot more than 7 pounds leaner in the after pic.

Keep up the good work, I'm very interested to see how that ABCDE diet works out for you.

FionaMaeve
Sat, April 24th, 2004, 12:42 PM
wow thats a real nice difference there! did u change up anything in your workout routine in the 2.5 months?
Yes, I started out pyramiding. (a la the Body for Life book) Then I switched to a Max OTish thing (a la SCHTEEVIE's beginner's guide to bulking thread). I liked the new way a lot better. But then I slacked off a bit.

Before I left for vacation, I started getting serious again. Now I do the Max OTish thing and pilates (to work on flexibility). And I run. On vacation at our family reunion we had a two mile fun run. It was nice to be one of the relatives actually running it rather than walking. :)

7 pounds lost is all? You must have gained muscle because even though you were definitely not fat in your before pic, you look a lot more than 7 pounds leaner in the after pic.
Yeah, it's weird. Really was just 7 pounds though. Oh well, I guess the first pic is what someone looks like who's at an okay weight but has absolutely no tone at all. :p

guava
Sat, April 24th, 2004, 12:56 PM
Way to go. Your hard work shows. It'll take a little longer with slacking off, but you're probably more willing to stick with it that way anyway. It's hard to be perfect.

You'll be ready for poolside in a month!

Fudgam
Sat, April 24th, 2004, 01:36 PM
Looking good :tu:

AndrewJones
Sat, April 24th, 2004, 01:59 PM
"You'll be ready for poolside in a month!"

She seems ready for poolside now....i see alot of really morbidly obese people at the water parks, so id say with her high level of fitness already attained she would be ready now =).

AndrewJones
Sat, April 24th, 2004, 01:59 PM
oh wait, i forgot its still cold in alot of the country and you guys cant swim yet, sorry im florida based and forget these things =)

AJ

Destiny
Sat, April 24th, 2004, 02:05 PM
Nice job! :tu:

Jimbo
Sat, April 24th, 2004, 02:18 PM
:claplow:

ABguy
Sat, April 24th, 2004, 02:18 PM
Nice job. Seven lbs. makes a big difference.

Good luck in your "buckling down" phase.

efk
Sat, April 24th, 2004, 03:59 PM
oh wait, i forgot its still cold in alot of the country and you guys cant swim yet, sorry im florida based and forget these things =)

AJ

Its just warming up, this weekend and last was VERY nice - Central NJ.

guava
Sat, April 24th, 2004, 04:09 PM
"You'll be ready for poolside in a month!"

She seems ready for poolside now....i see alot of really morbidly obese people at the water parks, so id say with her high level of fitness already attained she would be ready now =).

Of course she is. She looks fabulous. What I meant is that in a month she'll have made up for the slacking off.

OsCaR
Sat, April 24th, 2004, 04:12 PM
Nice job!!!!!! Exellent

Keep going xD
u look nice

FionaMaeve
Sat, April 24th, 2004, 04:46 PM
What I meant is that in a month she'll have made up for the slacking off.
I hope. :) /crosses fingers

Evil Hx Coupe
Sat, April 24th, 2004, 06:33 PM
:claphigh: :claplow:

badgolfer
Sat, April 24th, 2004, 09:52 PM
nice job freemason. that abcde diet is getting popular.

Lurifax
Sun, April 25th, 2004, 01:30 AM
Excellent work! Now you're getting a beautiful body that matches your beautiful face ;) :tucool:

Good job, and keep up the good work!

-Alexander

Toolish
Sun, April 25th, 2004, 04:51 AM
Nice work, the first pic isn't far from where my girlfriend is at the moment (she may be a bit bigger), and i was wondering if you could outline for her what you did to go from the before pic to the after pic.

I have talked to her a lot about working out etc, but she might trust it more from you seeing those results.

Also, any other pics? if your stomach has changed like that the rest must have improved some too.

Trinity
Sun, April 25th, 2004, 10:39 AM
I'm impressed, Freemason! From the pictures it looks like more than 7lbs lost, so I'd bet you put on some muscle. I don't know if you saw my pictures, but at the time of posting I was only down 1/2lb after 2 months, but my body fat percentage was 3% lower.

Keep up the excellent work! I look forward to seeing another set of pictures next month :)

FionaMaeve
Sun, April 25th, 2004, 11:11 AM
Nice work, the first pic isn't far from where my girlfriend is at the moment (she may be a bit bigger), and i was wondering if you could outline for her what you did to go from the before pic to the after pic.

I started out following Body for Life.
Monday: Upper Body Weight Training (45 min)
Tuesday: HIIT Cardio (20 min)
Wednesday: Lower Body Weight Training (45 min)
Thursday: HIIT Cardio (20 min)
Friday: Upper Body Weight Training (45 min)
Saturday: HIIT Cardio (20 min)
Sunday: Nothing and Cheat Meals Galore
Next week the same except Lower Body Weight Training on Monday and Friday with Upper Body on Wednesday.

This worked very well for starting out. Got me used to working out, and allowed me to learn how to do free weights which I had never used before. Now I'm kind of toying around with my program and going with a Max OTish thing (see the sticky thread started by SCHEETVIE in the Weight Lifting section of the forum) and mixing in some pilates. Also mixing in some running and cardio DVD's with the HIIT Cardio. Don't have the split completely ironed out yet, so I've been trying different things.

I ate 1800-2000 calories per day. Amount of calories to eat will vary by the person. My metabolism may be higher or lower than your girlfriend's is. I eliminated fast food from my diet, and I eat 6 times per day. (8:00am, 11:00am, 2:00pm, 5:00pm, 7:00pm, 9:00pm are the times I try to eat.) That said, all of my meals are pretty convenient because I'm not a big fan of cooking. Whey protein, hard-boiled eggs, wheat pita bread, feta cheese, cereal with Fat Free Carb Conscious dairy beverage, "lite" fruit cups, and V-8 are staples of my diet.

And of course, I slacked off quite a bit here and there. Made it very easy for me to stick with it but definitely made things much slower. So, if your girlfriend sticks to a fitness program religiously, she may very well have much faster results than me.

Teg4e
Mon, April 26th, 2004, 10:54 AM
Hey, you look great. Keep it up. :tu:

Toolish
Mon, April 26th, 2004, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the info Freemason, exactly the info I was after for her.

Once again, congrats on the progress and stick to it :tucool:

akm3
Mon, April 26th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Congrats! Lookin' Hot!!

-Alen

John Stone
Mon, May 3rd, 2004, 07:54 PM
Wow FM, you are looking great! That's quite a change in a short period of time.

Your friends and family are not going to recognize you and your husband if you guys keep this up (and where are his pictures? ;))

Awesome job!

Nico
Mon, May 3rd, 2004, 08:24 PM
Your abs look much improved! How much of it do you attribute to the diet and how much to the cardio and how much to the weights?

More women need to work out-although I have nothing to complain about because I'm marrying a girl who loves to hit the gym.

Your husband is a lucky guy-like me!

FionaMaeve
Mon, May 3rd, 2004, 10:34 PM
(and where are his pictures? ;)
He just got back from a 2 and half week movie shoot. There wasn't a gym there, but he did manage to stick with his strict diet. :) Right now, he's lost 51 lbs. :tu: Pictures to come when he loses the rest. (As of now, I'm the only one who gets to see his pictures.)

Someone finally noticed that I lost weight. That was nice. :D Most people never noticed that I lacked any tone because I was very good at dressing around it. (I should have written that book "What Not to Wear".) However, an astute friend of mine who is trying to get fit hadn't seen me in about four weeks, and she noticed that I looked more lean. :flex: I was glad. :)

CrysmBug
Tue, May 4th, 2004, 06:04 PM
Congrats :claplow:

Chim-Chim
Tue, May 4th, 2004, 06:22 PM
You look absolutely amazing. I cannot believe the difference. You must feel great. Keep up the good work. I too have a hard time eating as good as I should. Don't feel like you are the only one.

Tucker
Tue, May 4th, 2004, 08:13 PM
First picture was taken about two and a half months ago. Second picture was taken today.

Hey great job!!! I'd be very interested in the results of the ABCD diet. You are looking tight, keep it up! :tu:

gravityhomer
Wed, May 5th, 2004, 08:48 AM
Great job Freemason! Your stomach looks great. lots of hard work to get that.

can you post a link to the ABCD thread you were talking about in the weight training forum. Couldn't find it after a pretty feable search attempt, but I figured you saved it.

danboback
Wed, May 5th, 2004, 11:49 AM
incredible job, keep it up! :drool: :tu:

FionaMaeve
Wed, May 5th, 2004, 12:32 PM
Great job Freemason! Your stomach looks great. lots of hard work to get that.

can you post a link to the ABCD thread you were talking about in the weight training forum. Couldn't find it after a pretty feable search attempt, but I figured you saved it.
ABCDE Thread (http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/showthread.php?t=3514)

I finished my low calorie phase and went down to 119. Now I'm in the high calorie phase. Seems to be working. I'll post new pics after the next low calorie phase. That should be in about 3 and a half weeks.

gravityhomer
Wed, May 5th, 2004, 02:26 PM
ABCDE Thread (http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/showthread.php?t=3514)

I finished my low calorie phase and went down to 119. Now I'm in the high calorie phase. Seems to be working. I'll post new pics after the next low calorie phase. That should be in about 3 and a half weeks.

Thanks for the link, I read through a good deal of it. I have a question. When you are in the bulking phase did you find that you gained more on the lower body or upper body. My fiance is looking to put on some muscle in her arms and shoulders before our wedding in July. However, she definitely is the type that if she gains weight it would probably go to her lower body first. This would make it hard to add mass to the upper body. So I'm hesitant to recomend it to her. As I can just picture her reaction if this was a plan that only made her lower half big.

Since I have been eating more carefully over the last 4 months, it would take some serious courage to eat a lot for two weeks.

thanks for the info.

guava
Wed, May 5th, 2004, 03:26 PM
When you are in the bulking phase did you find that you gained more on the lower body or upper body. My fiance is looking to put on some muscle in her arms and shoulders before our wedding in July. However, she definitely is the type that if she gains weight it would probably go to her lower body first. This would make it hard to add mass to the upper body. So I'm hesitant to recomend it to her. As I can just picture her reaction if this was a plan that only made her lower half big.

gravityhome, you didn't ask me, but I never did either a bulking or cutting phase, yet my biceps have gotten huge while my abs got tiny. (Legs stayed about the same.) Your fiance can just start lifting weights, and her muscle tone can improve greatly without necessitating a change in diet at all.

gravityhomer
Wed, May 5th, 2004, 05:45 PM
gravityhome, you didn't ask me, but I never did either a bulking or cutting phase, yet my biceps have gotten huge while my abs got tiny. (Legs stayed about the same.) Your fiance can just start lifting weights, and her muscle tone can improve greatly without necessitating a change in diet at all.

She is sort of doing that now. She works out about three days a week. I showed her at least one exercise for each body part and she is doing that right now. But she still works out all body parts everytime. I'm trying to get her into doing a split as she complains that it takes too long.

Also I think I may have misinterpreted what freemason did over the last few months. I was thinking she did the ABCDE the whole time, but now that I read it again, I think she been trying this only recently in the last few weeks. And the bulk of her results were obtained the normal way of clean diet, weights and cardio.

FionaMaeve
Wed, May 5th, 2004, 06:02 PM
Also I think I may have misinterpreted what freemason did over the last few months. I was thinking she did the ABCDE the whole time, but now that I read it again, I think she been trying this only recently in the last few weeks. And the bulk of her results were obtained the normal way of clean diet, weights and cardio.
You are correct. The pictures you see are from clean diet, weights, cardio, and slacking. Now I am trying ABCDE, and I will post new pics after the next cut cycle. So far, I like it.

guava
Thu, May 6th, 2004, 12:59 AM
I could never do a split either. I tried it after three months of working out, and had to work each body part so hard to feel "done" that I was aching for three days afterward. I much prefer the full body workouts. I still lift "to failure" but the work is spread around to more areas. My full body workout takes about an hour.

Ludvig78
Thu, May 6th, 2004, 06:00 AM
Great progress. I think you can see huge difference on the lovehandles and that usually is a good sign. You will get there in time. :)