Sponsored Links

View Full Version : Worlds Strongest Men & Steroids

Fudgam
Mon, April 19th, 2004, 10:03 PM
Im watching it as I post, and I just wondered if anybody knew if they were steroid users or not. Im not sure. It is sponsored by Met-Rex, So I always assumed that they were natural body builders/ Power lifters. Any one know?

mzmtg
Tue, April 20th, 2004, 08:21 AM
This guy claims to be clean:

http://www.magnus-samuelsson.net/en/default.asp?view=bio

efk
Tue, April 20th, 2004, 08:30 AM
I really like when the Strongmen have lowish bf% ...
I mean, I'm NEVER going to be a strongman, but some of those guys focus 100% on strength, the ones that are cut seem to be much more rounded people, I'm sure its all perception.

Reno_1ted
Tue, April 20th, 2004, 08:32 AM
Its easy to say ur clean when you can legally buy Precusors and pro-hormone stacks at health shops.

For him to say he's clean means hes saying he doesnt take steriods. (Dianabol etc) But that doesnt mean he doesnt take hormone inducing suppliments etc.

Depends what u call clean. I tend to be pessimistic and suspicious about these things. I personally think most people of that size have taken some form of suppliment that alters the hormone level in ur body. Maybe not direct hormones like steds, but something.

Banditfist
Tue, April 20th, 2004, 11:57 AM
I used to work out at Bill Kazmeir's gym in Auburn, Alabama. He is one of the host of the show and won the title quite a few times in the eighties. I got to see him in action a few times when he was promoting his gym. He is huge.

I never saw or heard anything negative about him. I would tend to think that he did. I did know that there were a ton of juicers who worked out at his gym.

mzmtg
Tue, April 20th, 2004, 12:59 PM
I used to work out at Bill Kazmeir's gym in Auburn, Alabama.

I used to work next door to Kaz's gym in Auburn. :tu:

Two Step
Tue, April 20th, 2004, 08:06 PM
I recall an interview I saw (or read) read by Bill where he pretty much admitted to taking steroids back in the day

FionaMaeve
Wed, April 21st, 2004, 08:42 PM
They may be taking steroids. . .

But that said, it seems like people on this forum (and I don't as much mean this thread but in many others) tend to very easily assume that people have taken or are taking steroids. I think that sometimes people forget that there are people in the world who are just naturally huge and have lots of hormones on their own.

My stepfather, for example, balloons when he lifts weights. He's just naturally a really big guy. There are also a couple guys at work who used to play college sports (football and baseball) who are just naturally really big guys. My mother used to tutor at the University of Arkansas athletic dormitory. Some of the guys who didn't "juice" were just enormous. (Some of the football players used to come over for Thanksgiving.)

mzmtg
Thu, April 22nd, 2004, 08:14 AM
My stepfather, for example, balloons when he lifts weights. He's just naturally a really big guy. There are also a couple guys at work who used to play college sports (football and baseball) who are just naturally really big guys. My mother used to tutor at the University of Arkansas athletic dormitory. Some of the guys who didn't "juice" were just enormous. (Some of the football players used to come over for Thanksgiving.)

Clearly all those people are taking steroids, and lots of it.

Banditfist
Thu, April 22nd, 2004, 08:17 AM
I used to work next door to Kaz's gym in Auburn. :tu:

The smoothie shop (which opened after I graduated)? Forgot what used to be to the right of Kaz's.

I loved how Kaz gave the majorettes free memberships. Auburn had some seriously hot majorettes. I loved spring time in Auburn.

mzmtg
Thu, April 22nd, 2004, 08:48 AM
The smoothie shop (which opened after I graduated)? Forgot what used to be to the right of Kaz's.

I loved how Kaz gave the majorettes free memberships. Auburn had some seriously hot majorettes. I loved spring time in Auburn.

No, I worked a burger place called The Stadium. It was actually a couple doors up the hill from the gym. It was only there from 1998 - 2001.

We had a sandwich named after one of the guys who worked out at Kaz. His name was Phil (dont know his last name). The sandwich was called The Big Phil, it was a chicken breast and a beef patty on one bun. Phil ate a couple of those each day.

FionaMaeve
Thu, April 22nd, 2004, 12:22 PM
Clearly all those people are taking steroids, and lots of it.
Hahaha :jumping:
I have seen all of them with syringes hanging from their hips at times. . . :confused: j/k

Banditfist
Thu, April 22nd, 2004, 06:27 PM
No, I worked a burger place called The Stadium. It was actually a couple doors up the hill from the gym. It was only there from 1998 - 2001.

We had a sandwich named after one of the guys who worked out at Kaz. His name was Phil (dont know his last name). The sandwich was called The Big Phil, it was a chicken breast and a beef patty on one bun. Phil ate a couple of those each day.

OMG PHIL!!!!!!!

I knew that guy. He and his workout partner were HUGE! They had to ride the bike at the gym for cardio because their legs were so big. I acutally graduated in 94, but my lifting partner, Carlos, in Florida was a couple years behind me. We made a road trip up and went to Kaz's to work out. We saw Phil and his buddy. Carlos had known them while he was at Auburn. I think that Phil was a Chemical Engineering grad student. He looked like a freak!

Kaz's was one of the best gyms for big guys. My buddy was telling me how (Bill) Kaz threw somebody out of the gym for performing the exercise incorrect.

zamboni
Fri, April 23rd, 2004, 01:45 AM
Just because you take steroids doesn't give you instant muscle. While it may enable you to process 50% more food into muscle, or recover 50% faster, it just means that you're putting that much more work into your workout and diet. Not that I'm for that kind of drug use, but there's just a misconception there all steroid users are a bunch of slackers who want easy muscle.

mzmtg
Fri, April 23rd, 2004, 08:15 AM
OMG PHIL!!!!!!!

:D

Einar
Fri, April 23rd, 2004, 12:19 PM
I believe that Magnus Samuelsson is clean. He doesn't seem to be a juicehead at least.

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links