Sponsored Links

View Full Version : NO-Xplode Safe?

TheRyanator
Sun, February 5th, 2006, 03:18 AM
I have been looking into a creatine supplement and came across NO - Xplode. Many of the reviews are very positive. Many are also rather negative. I was wondering if anyone can speak to any of the negative aspects from experience. Such as:

1. That you should not take it if you have heart problems/family history.

2. That it contains high amounts of harmful artificial sweeteners.

3. It may cause harsh Diarrhea or blood in the urine.

It seems to be right along the lines of a product that would be good for my goals at this point, but I am usualy very vigilant to not to use a supp that will help my body in one way, but hurt it in another. Perhaps dosage is one of the key questions as well. I hear many people say to down 3 scoops, but I would imagine you coudl start with 1 and move up from there to a comfortable range correct?

Thanks for any help or input. :tu:

Glaive
Sun, February 5th, 2006, 04:27 AM
Like you I've read a lot of positives and a lot of negatives.

Personally, I just don't see a major reason to not just use plain creatine monohydrate or creatine ethyl ester.

Kino
Sun, February 5th, 2006, 06:42 AM
Products like No-Xplode are safe for the majority of people interested in using it. Different people will react to different supplements in different manners. As you've read in the reviews, some people love this stuff, others are running to the bathroom. I'm using a protein powder right now that I've researched, and have read good things about. However, because of it's high powdered milk content, I have digestive issues unless I mix in twice the amount of digestive enzymes that I would normally. Like I said...others don't have this problem. It'll be the same with No-Xplode or any other NO product you may try...you won't know until you actually try it. My personal favorite is Muscle Synergy (http://www.beverlyinternational.com/products/muscle_synergy.html#ms_testimonial), though it's too rich for my budget these days. So instead, I started using Labrada's Super Charge (http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=2051) on the recommendation of some others who's opinion I respect. I love the stuff, and it's alot cheaper than the MS. Keep in mind that you can buy seperate powders in bulk and mix your own if you'd like to play mad scientist :lol: and you might save a couple of bucks. However, if this is your first time trying a product like this, I'd suggest going for the packaged version, and saving yourself alot of confusion.
Less I forget...THIS IS NOT A MAGIC POTION. You will still need to lift weights and eat like an animal to pack on muscle. :nod: If you do decide to try this or any other brand of product like it...you were correct in thinking of starting with 1/2 the suggested amount, to see how it effects you. (Good or Bad)
I'm sure that there are others on the board that're using No-Xplode that will share their experience with it.

hyoomen
Sun, February 5th, 2006, 02:28 PM
I tested out a sample pack a few weeks ago. Though I went with approx .5-.75 of the recommended serving each night I trained, I found it definitely assisted in my focus and helped me "train like a freak" as the packaging and reps are fond of echoing. Nevertheless, I'd much rather hit up BulkNutrition, ATW, and a couple of other sites and build my stack so I know I'm getting exact amounts of what I want without all of the artificial sweeteners.

See if you can get a sample pack -- that'll at least give you an opportunity to test it out and get a feel for the stack's utility/efficacy.

tr4nsf0rm3r
Sun, February 5th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Start with One scoop if you're not a coffee drinker or if one cup of coffee makes you feel nervous.

Start with Two scoops if you're an animal.

Start with Three scoops if you are crazy.

Start with Four scoops if your insane.

Then do this a lot in front of the mirror after your first workout with it :flex:.

I was also concerned at first. But I just took two scoops and felt a rush. Nowadays, when I take it, three scoops is my standard. It didn't affect my bowels or make me nervous. It did give me crazy amounts of energy at the gym though even if I only got 4 hours of sleep the night before.

When I take it, I go from this: :sleep: ....to this: :jumping:... to this :bb: .... to this :flex: .... to this :read: for many hours after cuz I can't sleep! The last part only happened the first time. After that I even fell asleep an hour after my workout.

I don't xplode though. :(

:gl:

1FastGTX
Sun, February 5th, 2006, 02:54 PM
I have been looking into a creatine supplement
If creatine is what you're looking for, I'd skip NOX and just go for a monohydrate.

TheRyanator
Sun, February 5th, 2006, 05:58 PM
Products like No-Xplode are safe for the majority of people interested in using it. Different people will react to different supplements in different manners. As you've read in the reviews, some people love this stuff, others are running to the bathroom. I'm using a protein powder right now that I've researched, and have read good things about. However, because of it's high powdered milk content, I have digestive issues unless I mix in twice the amount of digestive enzymes that I would normally. Like I said...others don't have this problem. It'll be the same with No-Xplode or any other NO product you may try...you won't know until you actually try it. My personal favorite is Muscle Synergy (http://www.beverlyinternational.com/products/muscle_synergy.html#ms_testimonial), though it's too rich for my budget these days. So instead, I started using Labrada's Super Charge (http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=2051) on the recommendation of some others who's opinion I respect. I love the stuff, and it's alot cheaper than the MS. Keep in mind that you can buy seperate powders in bulk and mix your own if you'd like to play mad scientist :lol: and you might save a couple of bucks. However, if this is your first time trying a product like this, I'd suggest going for the packaged version, and saving yourself alot of confusion.
Less I forget...THIS IS NOT A MAGIC POTION. You will still need to lift weights and eat like an animal to pack on muscle. :nod: If you do decide to try this or any other brand of product like it...you were correct in thinking of starting with 1/2 the suggested amount, to see how it effects you. (Good or Bad)
I'm sure that there are others on the board that're using No-Xplode that will share their experience with it.

Thanks Kino. I am mostly looking into this kind of supplementation for increased strength and lean mass preservation while I cut. I am still lifting rather hard 3 times a week, but the rest of my routine is cardio at this point. I have a good build and I just want to preserve as much as I can as well as increase my stamina and strength even while my calories are a bit lower during my cut.

I tested out a sample pack a few weeks ago. Though I went with approx .5-.75 of the recommended serving each night I trained, I found it definitely assisted in my focus and helped me "train like a freak" as the packaging and reps are fond of echoing. Nevertheless, I'd much rather hit up BulkNutrition, ATW, and a couple of other sites and build my stack so I know I'm getting exact amounts of what I want without all of the artificial sweeteners.

See if you can get a sample pack -- that'll at least give you an opportunity to test it out and get a feel for the stack's utility/efficacy.

Where did you snag a sample pack?

1fast and contradict: Thanks for the input...I think I will give it a try and return it if I start experiencing any negatives. As far as Monohydrate I am already trying to cut down a bit after a LONG injury induced bulk so the bloat factor of mono is not appealing at all. If I go with straight Creat it would be ethyl ester most likely or at least malate. Thanks!

TheRyanator
Tue, February 7th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Anyone who has taken NO-xplode could you tell me what you do in terms of dosage on NON-lifitng days? Do you take any at all or do you just not take it?

Kino
Tue, February 7th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Anyone who has taken NO-xplode could you tell me what you do in terms of dosage on NON-lifitng days? Do you take any at all or do you just not take it?
Check John's post in the Mass Nutrition Thread above.

TheRyanator
Tue, February 7th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the heads-up Kino...found the answer.

Appreciate it.:tu:

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links