Sponsored Links

View Full Version : Flourescent Yellow Urine

nssalameh
Sat, February 28th, 2004, 05:06 AM
I have been taking Jamieson Vitamins for men and after I take each vitamin my urine turns flourescent yellow? is this normal? should I Swtich vitamins. This vitamin must be taken 3 times a day.... any insights?

The Mike
Sat, February 28th, 2004, 06:23 AM
You're probably just not drinking enough water, if you're taking them first thing in the morning you're probably just dehydrated rom the night before.

Revlis
Sat, February 28th, 2004, 06:44 AM
It's a common thing with multi-vitamins. Think of it as the only side effect :tu:

CattleProd
Sat, February 28th, 2004, 09:50 AM
Hahahahha, I know what you mean. You'll be fine. To me, that's the mark of a good vitamin. Just make sure you're drinking enough water each day, and it's ok.

-CP

corbint
Sat, February 28th, 2004, 10:31 AM
bright yellow urine is common even after drinking 1.5 gallons of water if you are taking a good multivitamin. its caused from either the b-complex or b12... dont worry about it, its normal

khavelka18
Sat, February 28th, 2004, 11:57 AM
yeah it is very common to have flourescent yellow urin after taking a multivitamin... i used to take ast's multipro 32 x twice a day.... talk about some yellow urine...i am pretty sure it is just the excess vitamins you are urinating out

Racuerex
Sat, February 28th, 2004, 12:47 PM
I think its kinda cool, Im always like "look! radioactive piss!" haha j/p but ya, same thing has been happenin to me

Destiny
Sat, February 28th, 2004, 04:20 PM
I think its kinda cool, Im always like "look! radioactive piss!" haha j/p but ya, same thing has been happenin to me

Hahaha! Once I had to take a prescription medicine that turned mine bright orange. It looked like orange soda. At first I was terrified because my doctor didn't warn me. Then I called and found out it was normal. Its not something I would ever like to see again though!!

nssalameh
Sat, February 28th, 2004, 05:16 PM
Thanks I feel a lot better now

BiT
Sun, February 29th, 2004, 02:10 AM
You don't happen to also turn green when you get angry do you? ;)

Lisa Stone
Sun, February 29th, 2004, 07:40 AM
Hahaha! Once I had to take a prescription medicine that turned mine bright orange. It looked like orange soda. At first I was terrified because my doctor didn't warn me. Then I called and found out it was normal. Its not something I would ever like to see again though!!

Yeah, I've taken that before! lol

bright yellow urine is common even after drinking 1.5 gallons of water if you are taking a good multivitamin. its caused from either the b-complex or b12... dont worry about it, its normal

I take One A Day for women but it doesn't change the color of my urine at all- should I be taking something better?

corbint
Sun, February 29th, 2004, 09:47 AM
everybodys body responds differently to multis.... try one of johns ast 32x multis and you will probably see neon urine, because the values for some of the ingredients are probably higher than your current multi.

my wife was on a special prenatal vitamin that had megadoses of all the good stuff, but didnt notice a change in color... weird!

heres a good question... do women require a different amount of iron in their multi's versus men due to menstrual cycle, etc?

Lisa Stone
Sun, February 29th, 2004, 10:50 AM
I thought all women should have 18 milligrams of iron daily but I looked up this chart and it's only women 19 to 50 yo that require that much and it says men only need 8 milligrams.
have a look:

http://www.cc.nih.gov/ccc/supplements/iron.html#rda

tantan
Mon, March 1st, 2004, 12:52 AM
I have ever asked my family doctor before as I was "frigtened" by the neon yellow color when I started taking Multivitamins. According to him is, its normal. And if there is excess vitamins that is not absorbed by your body, it will be flushed out as urine. And in neon yellow color.
So at least we make sure that we get sufficient vitamins every day, and its okay to have excess since the body will do its own filtering. :)

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links