View Full Version : Question for Jesse1 and others on the Bally e200 elliptical

rockhead
Mon, February 7th, 2005, 02:44 AM
I ordered my Bally e200 elliptical from Margaret and it arrived last Friday. I assembled it over the weekend. I will be using the elliptical in my bedroom, where the carpeting is very thick (kind of an older shag-type).

While the feet stabilizers are all touching the ground, the feel of the elliptical is not the same as when I tried it in the store - where it sat on a hard surface. It seems a little bouncier/less fluid than I'd like. Are there any specific suggestions you all have for some surface (floor mat, etc.) I can put between the elliptical and the top of the carpeting - both to protect the carpeting and to make the movements less bouncy and more solid?

I'd greatly appreciate any help/advice. Thanks.

jesse1
Mon, February 7th, 2005, 08:45 AM
I ordered my Bally e200 elliptical from Margaret and it arrived last Friday. I assembled it over the weekend. I will be using the elliptical in my bedroom, where the carpeting is very thick (kind of an older shag-type).

While the feet stabilizers are all touching the ground, the feel of the elliptical is not the same as when I tried it in the store - where it sat on a hard surface. It seems a little bouncier/less fluid than I'd like. Are there any specific suggestions you all have for some surface (floor mat, etc.) I can put between the elliptical and the top of the carpeting - both to protect the carpeting and to make the movements less bouncy and more solid?

I'd greatly appreciate any help/advice. Thanks.

Before you spend any money on a floor mat which I am sure would do the trick, try taking the four feet off. This will give a larger area touching the floor. It might also take a few days until the unit flattens out the carpet and padding below. If that doesn't work then you wil probably need a mat.

rockhead
Mon, February 7th, 2005, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the info. If I do need to purchase a mat, what specifically should I look for (i.e. type of material, brands, etc)? Oh, and what should I expect the ballpark cost to be?

Thanks again.

jesse1
Mon, February 7th, 2005, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the info. If I do need to purchase a mat, what specifically should I look for (i.e. type of material, brands, etc)? Oh, and what should I expect the ballpark cost to be?

Thanks again.

I'm not sure you will even need a mat. It sounds like the problem is from to thick a soft carpet. Get a couple of pieces of plywood to put under the Elliptical where it touches the carpet. Over time the carpet will flatten out and you will be on a hard surface. All of the bouncyness should be gone. I think taking off the feet will accomplish the same thing. Give it some time to flatten out the carpet however.